Rubberist.NET (Adults Only) * Living in Rubber (Lifestyle Issues & Preferences) * Gender or Orientation Issues * Female Rubberist Issues + * A forum for female Rubberists < Previous Next >

Bondageprincess
-
Username: Bondageprincess

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 10:50 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

almost every time i have worn latex in public, at least one woman has complimented me and asked me about it. i have turned on a few friends to it as well.. of course, for them it is just a fashion thing, which makes sense to me. on some level it;s just an exotic material it's no different than wearing a leather garment, for example, like a leather skirt or pants.

of course, i'm wearing the more fashion friendly stuff in public, not the more fetish-oriented stuff. i leave the hoods at home :-)

the "suck you in" qualities of latex are always a big appeal. i look so much better in it than in regular clothes, it's like control-top-push-up everything :-) and once other women find that out, they want to try some on.

Theladynichet
-
Username: Theladynichet

Post Number: 1

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 07:03 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, and am beyond happy to find a group like this.
I'd like to respond to Latexladyll's questions:

I too am often asked why I like rubber and what about it I like and I agree that the question is like asking why eat apples vs. oranges. I've found Myself answering with a description of the range of emotions I felt the first time I covered Myself in liquid latex. This is usually met with a wide-eyed stare..and not too much understanding.
Sensual is an excellent word to describe it's texture. Indeed a second skin.
As for aroma, I've smelled really strong chemical odors in some articles and next to no smell in others. All, with Me, have their place in the psychological and physical act of wearing rubber. My partner, however, prefers the new rubber and it's gentler odoure.
As for My partner...she does tend to objectify a bit, I believe. She knows I'm in there...somewhere, that it's Me, but I've somehow, in someway, ceased to be the everyday "Me" that she's used to and have become an object of fantasy. I think it would be hard not to objectify considering, altho everyone is different.
And a last tidbit about the "All women, all the time" thread: it seems that everyone has the same basic interest or you wouldn't be here, and that all, regardless of the possible difference of opinion between the sexes, may learn/benefit/comment, etc. Perhaps one may have an opinion that hasn't been thought of previously, that may never be known if that one is shut out.

Thanks for letting the newbie rant a bit ;)
"The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to
be in reality what we would appear to be."
~Socrates

Rubberking
Accomplished Postacrat
Username: Rubberking

Post Number: 42

Posted on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 01:20 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all
(groans) Gentlemen, i think the point of the new thread was to have a place for the ladies to exchange opinions amungst themselves.
that said, here i go too...
LatexLadyII: no tempest, no teapot dear. in this site it seems we males are often of many minds as to many things, and all willing to debate them to death, even debating the debating it seems. no harm, no foul dear. :-)
my 2c: just like no two men can agree on many things, so it seems for the ladies as well. where a gaggle of women meet and someone walks by in rubber or anything vagely sexual looking, they'll judge it as they see fit, then look around to see what the majority opinion is and vocalize that to fit in. so, all one lady need do is point at some male wearing a latex tee-shirt passing by, cry "eeeewwwww" and all the rest will seemingly back them in force (although i believe at least one lady will cock her head to the side and think that the shirt is kinda neat in actuality) and boom, the mans seen as an instant pervert!
it takes very little in this day and age for a male to be labeled and harassed or rediculed, even imprisioned or ruined in the most extreme cases, (ever sat in on a divorce court session?) however, this is slowly changing as more and more fetishistic fashions meld into the mainstream. (yea, us?)
it seems to me to be something in the female make-up that makes anything sexual not originating with them to feel threatened by it and point that finger of shame towards it. (even in jest)
this goes for anything nonconformist and (as i see it)amounts to a power-play on the ladies part. (non-consentuial i might add as well) a la, a woman buys a pair of heels because she feels sexy wearing them, but if an unwanted male notices them and says something about them, he's thought of a a perv and sent packing (or worse)
of course, not all women do this, but if they think on it almost all can remember some example of said occasion at some point in a conversation with their peers and friends around a table or someplace else.
some of the older men here(myself)have lived a life through knowing they could be so labeled and lose what they have worked for, or their social standing, or simply be ridiculed by their families or friends because they prefer a "coat of a different color" than the norm in the past and are leery to find more modern opinions in modern women. (again, myself included)
in my case, i'm from the 'show me state' as it were, and therefor am all for this thread for the ladies only. (even though i am breaking this rule, but i felt it necessary to point this out so others might understand why the "why are you affraid to show your face" crowd and their feelings.)
having grown up in the 70's-80's i have run into this opnion more than once myself, but found later that it was due to misconseption or misunderstanding about the nature of fetishes in general by the ladies involved (what were they teaching you girls in collage back then?) or due to a lack of education on their part about many aspects of sexuality in toto (oral sex comes to mind here) and so again it came down to, "if i didn't think of it or approve of it, it's sick!" and the guys 'get this' and decide never to mention it at all for fear of losing the relationship ect.
men are changing, and women are noticing and changing too, but not nearly as fast in my opinion, and they need to, as far as i can see. (not being mean, just truthful)
so, all that said now. no aspect of sexuality should be unopened to conversation at the very least between partners that love and care for each other (or at least, say that they do...) and until that day comes, we will all be at odds in some respect.
the very need for this site comes from a plea for understanding and comrodery, mainly from the male side and so I applaud you ladies willing to come in and speak in your own voice about this thing we share in common, and this should, hopefully, bring us all together against the parts of socity that still see us as if not criminal, then 'weird' in the very least so that we can be heard and acknowlaged as real people and as not going quietly into that long goodnight of the soul. ever again.
one last thought, i myself love to wear rubber, and like some here i'm sure, wish my partner would wish to as well, but the rubber without a willing partner is simply that, a thing. i am a lower-level fetishist and so don't fetishistize it simply for what it is, therefor, it just sits there if not on me, and i pray one day that the person i choose to marry will realize that first and formost. that i prefer it, and can climax better with it, but she would be the one it needs to give it the life and love that transfers thru it to me. if no one fills that need in my life currently, it fills in the gap so to speak, till that person picks it up and incorporates it into our lives, together.
so theres my venting for the nonce, there might even be something of use here if you've taken a step or two in shoes akin to mine own.
thanks for the space, backing out (hopefully) gracefully here now. enjoy the thread. :-)
good luck and happy rubbering (and welcome ladies! (big flashing neon sign))
RK

Drgummi
Senior Postacrat
Username: Drgummi

Post Number: 212

Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:18 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, I think a lot of women do think that way, and some of them might be right - it depends on the character of their spouse. The 70's and 80's objections aren't rubber-specific, though - no matter what the man's kink, it would be considered objectionable by a female partner inclined to think along those lines.

It's possible not to see the matter that way, even if the spouse *is* obsessed with 'just the rubber': but lots of women choose not to do so, because (it seems, from postings here) their social standing is more important to them than their relationships. A curious balance to strike - but it's their decision and their balance. We men, having a balance of our own between kink and regular life, can hardly complain when someone else's balance seems strange too!

Latexladyll
Journeyman Postacrat
Username: Latexladyll

Post Number: 31

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 09:14 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well,
Having suggested this thread, I feel I should contribute to it directly. So I shall dive in with a query.

One thing I am asked much of the time about wearing rubber is what I like about it. I personally think the question makes as much sense as asking what I like about waring fur, leather, or high heels. But, there is a perception that latex is somehow different, given that it is rarer, does not breathe and has many conotations attached to it.

For myself, I find that it is no less comfortable to wear than wool or leather, both fabrics which are very warm in the Nort Texas climate in which I reside. I also find that while latex rapidly adjusts to the ambient temperature, it does not become uncomfortable but rather comforting for its impermeability.

And, of course I love the way it glistens, hangs, flows and rustles. The fabric reminds me of taffeta...a fabric that can only say, "sensual".

Do any other women feel this way? I've heard many people express distaste for the aroma of latex, but I notice the newer rubbers have a sweet smell rather than the heavy sulfur smell of years past.

Now for my question: Do any women here feel that their partners are enamored of the material to the exclusion of the lady inside it? Are they making love to the rubber and not to the woman in rubber?

This was a classic answer given in the 70's and 80's by non-rubberist women when asked why they wouldn't wear it for their partners. You can see it quite often in the letters to the magazines of that time that dealt with rubberism.

I've never felt that way, specifically, but then I actually enjoy the objectifying nature of rubber enclosure and occlusion and the whole D/s environment, so I may be in the minority among females here.

Regards
Lady

Gord
IAR Admin Team
Username: Gord

Post Number: 305

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 08:34 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry Arwen, I haven't. Totally lost on me! (I sense there is a message behind this?)
Gord ?
Information is everything

Arwen
Senior Postacrat
Username: Arwen

Post Number: 209

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 05:14 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Gord...ever seen "What Women Want"?
Listen to what I say...not what you hear!

Ataraxia
IAR Admin Team
Username: Ataraxia

Post Number: 561

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 02:06 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, I have created an area for Womens issues that anyone may post in.

Hypnocracy?

Gord
IAR Admin Team

Post Number: 304

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 12:02 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One wonders if such a new forum area were created, whether there might be an influx of new 'female' members all of a sudden? Not that I'm cynical, but there may be a few natural-born-males wishing to infiltrate such an area!

Or am I too cynical?

Gord.

Ultraprene
-
Username: Ultraprene

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:41 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In your call for a moderator of the women't forum you ask for a "bonafide female." Just out of curiosity, does this mean only a natural born female?

Latexladyll
Journeyman Postacrat

Post Number: 29

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 08:38 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh dear, I seem to have accidentally stirred up yet another tempest in our little teapot.

My suggestion was for a thread ABOUT women's issues with respect to Latex...but was not intended to be exclusionary at all. I think the males certainly need an opportunity to express thoughts, opinions, and queries regardsing how women feel about, react to, and adapt to latex in their life.

So I applaud the creation of a thread...and hope everyone contributes thoughtfully to it. Let's just try to keep it on topic...Women's issues with respect to Latex.

Regards
Lady

Drgummi
Senior Postacrat
Username: Drgummi

Post Number: 210

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 08:14 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It all sounds good; thing is, there's a nearby minefield - what defines 'true female'? We have transexuals, we have online females, we have sunry masqueraders: make the area too separate and you have to do too much policing of the 'true female' promise.

I think keeping it readable by all is a good balancing force on this conundrum...

Ataraxia
IAR Admin Team

Post Number: 557

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 08:01 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The proposal I saw was that everyone could read the LAdies-only forum but only true females could post in it. The idea is to keep the (minority) ladies from being flooded out by the (majority) males and to give them a "special" place of their own. Males who wish to post would have 9,999 other topic areas to do it in.
Hypnocracy?

Rubberron
Senior Postacrat
Username: Rubberron

Post Number: 128

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 07:23 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi to all (what ever your gender is ).

I thought the I.A.R. was set up to share and inform.
So lets try that instead of seperating us from each other.

Ataraxia
IAR Admin Team

Post Number: 553

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 01:39 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I encourage the idea of a female-posters-only forum area and would be happy to support this as a top level topic area on an experimental basis.

Making this work will require a skillfull, committed female moderator who will assume a leadership role in initiating and managing it. This is an Admin Team position.

Ideally she should be a well established, highly participative member of our community who has already posted numerous messages. She should have a solid understanding of the dynamics of leading and managing conversation-oriented editorial content, skill as a conversationalist (includes tact, diplomacy and motivating others to post), the ability to deal with a somewhat complex administrative back end and, above all, a serious commitment to making this work.

If you are a bonafide female and are interested in a "Career in Moderating" :-), contact me privately via email. Explain why you think you would be good at it and include your ideas on topic sentences for the top level and 2-3 sub-topics. Also suggest criteria by which to judge the success or failure of this experiment.

Did I mention I'm looking for a leader?
Hypnocracy?

Tron
-
Username: Tron

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:08 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's my contribution to keeping this thread off-topic:
;-)

I like the womens only-idea a lot and if our female members
feels OK with sharing their discussions with us guys I think
we can solve this very simple:
Start each new subject with something like
"female posters only" and hope that none of us guys are
disrespectful enough to interfere. If a guy wants to add comments to the womens only-areas, he can start a parallel thread. Just let us hope that this community have no rotten eggs that won't respect this simple rule.

There may offcourse be topics where more privacy is wanted,
but the Internet is full of free e-mail list-servers.
-It's up to anyone to start a list for any private discussions. Another problem with my simple solution is
how we define a man. I have learned enough about life to realize that it's more than what was but between your legs at birth, or what gender you want for a partner.

My suggestion is that you women start whatever thread you like, and the members that at least don't consider themself as women stays off the discussions.

I do hope to see a female posters area only.
I'm sure there are differences between female rubberists
just like any other differences between men and women.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm very interesting in
getting to know what makes a female rubberist tick as I have
recently found out about men like myself.
In my case I live with a non rubberist wife, but I hope to pick up a few things that may be helpful when trying to
let my wife know more about my secrets and kinks.

/Tron

Lovelyrubberlee
-
Username: Lovelyrubberlee

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 10:10 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well I have to admit, although it would be nice to have "Women only, Boys keep out" sign. I have no problems what so ever in guys viewing...I guess I would just request that they dont pass their comments through onto the thread.. thats all....or is that too big an ask? Yes? No?

Lovelee

Gord
IAR Admin Team

Post Number: 302

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 12:06 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone can start a new thread. If it was not for a message from Ataraxia regarding the possible 'slimming-down' of the message board, I would have started one right now. As anyone can at present.

However, with our system, there is no way of creating a thread for women only, or waders only, or clear rubber only. Everyone can access all topics, and can post what they wish. They can (and do) take threads off-topic (me too!).

If it were possible to create a ladies-only area, how would members be able to access and post to it? Would transgendered members be let it - what about TV types? Where does it all end?

It's a nice idea, but so full of holes I doubt it would ever float!

Sorry - Gord.

Steveb
IAR Admin Team
Username: Steveb

Post Number: 169

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 04:40 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think the ladies suggestion for a woman's forum / thread is a very good one. Personally I like hearing their side of the issues. It's good to hear from you.
Steveb

Jeffm
Journeyman Postacrat
Username: Jeffm

Post Number: 35

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 04:16 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi ladies,
I am sure that most guys would be very interested in what the women have to say about wearing rubber too, so would we be allowed to read only or would it be classified as secret womens business?

Jeff

Tightfit
Prolific Postacrat
Username: Tightfit

Post Number: 100

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 02:40 pm GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hard for me to interpret that when we are both not talking.
TF

Arwen
Senior Postacrat
Username: Arwen

Post Number: 208

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:51 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure what you mean!
Listen to what I say...not what you hear!

Tightfit
Prolific Postacrat
Username: Tightfit

Post Number: 99

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:38 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder why women strive to separate themselves from sharing with men on almost all levels and then struggle to be as one on other business levels?

Can anyone help with an answer ?

TightFit

Lovelyrubberlee
-
Username: Lovelyrubberlee

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 09:04 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have just been reading the last few comments and I also agree with the idea of having a thread just for woman rubberists.. That would be quite nice

Rubber_lady200
Aspiring Postacrat
Username: Rubber_lady200

Post Number: 12

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 08:14 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to everyone for sharing there experiences, I agree with lady it would be nice to have a thread for just us females, after all we make up 50% of the population!

Latexladyll
Journeyman Postacrat

Post Number: 28

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 05:31 am GMT:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would certainly like to see a separate thread on women who enjoy rubber. A good discussion of women's issues, interests, desires and fantasies revolving around latex would be fascinating.

It would be most enlightening, I suspect.

Regards
Lady

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Register HERE Free!)
(WARNING! Posting your email address in a message is an invitation for Spammers to send you garbage. It is safer to have people contact you through your profile. (Make sure you have private messaging enabled in your profile.)
Password: Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: