HOW TO Install the IAR Events
Calendar on your (Windows) "Active Desktop"
Starting with Microsoft's Internet Explorer 4.0 you can make your
desktop look and work like a web page. You can display web content
directly on the desktop, and have the content updated automatically,
making the desktop active.
Close or minimize all windows on your desktop. If Active Desktop is
enabled, when you right-click a blank space on the desktop, and then
point to Active Desktop, additional commands also become available
which enable you to add, customize, and update desktop items:
* Customize My Desktop enables you to turn on the
Active Desktop feature, add Web content, and specify whether the
content should be available offline (when you're not connected to the
* New Desktop Item enables you to select live Web
content or pictures from the Active Desktop Gallery or another Internet
location. Choosing a desktop item by using this command also turns on
the Active Desktop feature.
* Show Web Content turns on the Active Desktop
When the Active Desktop feature is on, Web content you've chosen
appears, or you can add content to the desktop. More commands now
appear on the menu.
* Show Desktop Icons displays or hides the icons on
* Lock Desktop Items secures the size and location
of Active Desktop items.
* Synchronize updates Web page content.
A check mark next to an item indicates that the option is on.
1. Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then point
to Active Desktop.
2. Click New Desktop Item.
3. Type this URL, http://rubberist.net/forums/calendar.php#start
into the provided text box.
4. Once you have followed the onscreen instructions you
should have a window on your desktop, if you move your cursor to the
top of that window a small toolbar will appear. On the left side there
is a small button with a arrow that points down. Click this button and
choose "Cover Desktop" if you have chosen to download the larger Active
Desktop. If you chose to download the smaller Active Desktop, just grab
the edges of the window and drag the window to your desired size.