Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

View Entire Thread: -----GENERAL GARMENT-MAKING STRATEGIES (no particular type of garment)-----

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    Austin, TX

Default Re: Help and Advice for new garment makers.

To get a 3D model of your skin down to 2D you would need to experiment with cutting it in the right places where you would want seams. For a shirt this would be down the sides, front or back. Once it is cut into panels they will almost flatten out straight and you can get an approximate pattern. The more pieces you slice it into the better the fit will be, but the harder it will be to assemble. The trick is letting the latex stretch into the areas where it just won't flatten out completely....you will never get a perfect 2D pattern for complex things like armpits, crotches and your neck...but with latex you don't need to be perfect.

However if you do it that way you will have to cover yourself in tape for every experiment. Maybe this wouldn't be such a pain in the ass with just plastic wrap, but since that has little form by itself and may stretch it will be hard to figure out what went where when you cut it off. It took me about an hour to completely tape my waist to my ankles. Whereas if you make a model by tapeing yourself once, sealing up the edges and stuffing the inside you can then experiment with wrapping paper around the model as much as you want. For just your feet you could skip all this and wrap paper around them, tapeing down the folds that develop.
    claus?tro?phi?li?a (n.): A love of enclosed spaces
    claus @ slicko . net

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne

Just to add to Wired's comments. Don't stretch the wrap as this will alter the size. I have used pallet wrap and domestic wrap - both are OK. I have been able to make very comfortable feet and hoods using this method.
    I favour making cuts in the pattern after it comes off the body part so that it lies flat on paper for the final pattern, this means that there will be Vee shapes in the pattern when it lies flat.
    When making the item up in latex merely glue the Vees on the inside to produce the rounded shape of the body part and then glue the two pieces of the pattern together.
    In my feet patterns I have Vees at the heel and the toe, and for hoods two vees on the crown [on each side. In both cases, ie feet and hoods I have been able to get a fantastic fit - much better than I ever got from a commercial source.
    Incidently, I believe that the best way to develop patterns for the rest of the body is to unpick good fitting cotton garments and modify these shapes to get a good in latex. You do this by reducing the cotton pattern size by carefully taken 'next to skin' measurements. I have used this method to produce excellent fitting catsuits. I think that Wired can vouch for this method?

Glaftex

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

Glaftex - yeah,you da man!!
    It looks like a lot of the image attachments have dissapeared so here's a few pics of the early stuff I made using the methods conceived by Glaftex.

The catsuit top and bottom patterns were made by cutting up an old pair of jeans and t shirt.
    The stocking feet patterns were made by wrapping my foot in cling film/saran wrap and covering it in a thin layer of duct tape then marking on the position of the seams before cutting it off.

Regards,
    Wired.
    Attached Images

newbie1157

Default How Latex should fit ?

First post from a Newbie...

Just made my first Latex purchase (Shaun Sloane Rubba Wear Peni Pants) and am wondering how I can make this outfit fit properly.

I have used a product to remove my body hair to increase the neat effect of latex to skin, but when I put on the gear it seems to roll down at the top untill it bunches uncomfortably at the tops of my thighs. I am using talc as a lubricant and it works well for most of the suit, but I was wondering if there is some adhesive to keep the top of the pants from rolling ? or is this a sizing issue ?

Any help is appreciated.

Oracle please put this in the appropriate forum.

Thanks in advance.

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    count of los angelas

Default Re: How Latex should fit ?

a delicate questian, are youby any chance a bit overweight? I am, and have i think the same briefs you refer to, and they will roll down a little, not all the way to my thighs, but a little annoying bit. I think it has something to do with the lack of a seam at the top for reenforcing the hold at the top.

Glorun

Coming from a BBW, if it is rolling --it's a sizing problem. Have you tried putting it on without lube or powder? It may stick a little better to your body if it doesn't have anything to make it slide. I think that 3M makes an adhesive that models wear so their bikinis don't ride up or breasts pop out. I don't know how it would affect latex though. You may want to read it carefully to make sure it doesn't ruin your first latex. Congratulations!

cougar

To make it stick, after pulling the talced item to the place it should stay, take a damp towel and pulling the rubber back a little, wipe away the talc on both skin and rubber. This helps it stick better.

Being a little wellrounded in the wrong places doesn't help much either *grin*
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2005-Aug-08 at 13:12.

newbie1157

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies.

It sounds like I may need to go on a diet

Maybe I need to buy some made to measure gear ?

US Midwest Northern US
    Region:
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

Another thing that works well is just purchasing a tight latex t-shirt (even a cheap molded one works well). Then, pull the pants up... smooth them out... and drop the bottom of the shirt over the top of the pants... keeps them from rolling... I'm waring tights and a tshirt like that right now as I sit at work reading the rubber forums . <naughty grin>

Blackstar

UK England (south western)
    Region:
    Bristol

I go with Blackstar's suggestion of the latex shirt. And then add a few more layers .. you know you want to!

I've never had anything roll all the way down to the top of my thighs. I hate the rolling down bit as it rips hairs out by the roots though, as I haven't gone the hairless route.

An alternative is just to wear a belt at the top of the briefs.
    Last edited by Cyberdog; 2005-Aug-08 at 18:05. Reason: Quoted the wrong guy!