Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Rubber from the dead?

aPeteFromOz

Default Rubber from the dead?

My Mum died, recently....
    (pre-empting: thank you all for the thoughts and considerations,
    [The IAR is VCaring and Compassionate with that! Good Bless you all!]
    ...but she'd been VSick with cancer for a long time so it was a release for her! She said "Goodbye, I love you! It's my time..." to all... Very dignified and well done. Bless her!)

I've done with mourning and the situations surrounding it....

But, my point is... The Kids are left with the estate. House, superannuation, etc...

Y'know? One of the first thoughts I had...?
    "After I pay off my Vespa, speeding fines, credit cards... I'll have $XXXX to spend on some better rubber-kit!"
    I feel a bit bemused with myself for that! ...I'm not too sure why!

I brought this up with a friend, [Hi and Thnx, Laycette] she replied that my Mum would want me to be sensible and sane and safe with it....

I don't want a big fuck-off plasma TV and sense-around home theatre, I won't have enough for a house (or deposit)... I'll've sorted my shit and turn to the main priority for the things I want to buy/get...

I'm not sure what I'm saying here! LOL ...but, something doesn't seem quite right.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Pete.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    AU

Default Re: Rubber from the dead?

your mum probably wants you to be happy and assumes you will be sensible. my minimalist and zen philosophies suggest you dont need a million items. buy some kit, "invest" the rest. invest meaning spend wisely for your life.

aPeteFromOz

Thanks man! (You're always rapid and appropriate!.... )

I'm sure she does/did want me to be happy!...

"Invest"? I figure I'll be investing in future happiness by having A: no debts, (therefor some $ to save after payday) and B: some better kit....

(I don't wanna start a "How shall I invest?" Thread....) There won't be a lot to play with... maybe a thousand bucks or so spare... What investment is that? I'd rather some gear.... Mine's all in rag-order...

Pete.

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    Victoria

Hi Pete,

Having been thru the same situation in the last couple of years, I would recommend at least 50% invested in a high interest account,25% in some State or National Savings Scheme (in the UK we have premium bonds or savings certificates. Bonds = no guarantee of winning but principle sum protected and easily accessible (mine have paid out with many small wins which have totalled more than the high street interest rates) certificates = fixed investment term,5yrs and normally slightly lower interest rates,however because government backed principal sum assured,can be re-invested after the 5yr period. 25% on yourself/home
    Hope this helps as a guide
    Sheer

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    NYC

I don't have any financial advice to give, only my deepest condolences.
    I alone am in a state of insurrection.

Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

If there is one piece of advice I can offer on finances that I have learned through very bitter experience, it is this:

Getting a pile of money is the easy part. The world will help you do it.

But once you have a bit of money, all of the forces of the universe will
    conspire against you to rid you of it.

Wealth is 1000% easier to come by than retaining it.

Good luck! :-)

Want to go deeper? See my blog at RubberNaut.com

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    here

My sorrows.
    One charity I work with does this, puts all donations in a savings, and it takes the intrest at the end of the year and puts that in the operational checking acount. May not be the idea you were looking for, but Your mom would love to see that you have your share set aside for an emergancy (I know a lot of moms want that in their kids).

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Gosport, UK

You say you do not have enough for a house / deposit, so that suggests that's something big on your wish list... just because you don't have enough in your pile, don't throw it away - buying a house you will be glad of having a pile of cash stashed away as the whole process is amazingly expensive (at least over here) and if nothing else, you will be glad to have the backup when you move in and then a pipe goes "pop" two weeks into your new life and you have spent your last penny just to get moved in and living on bread and water!

Or, if everything goes great, then you can buy yourself a pile of rubber as a housewarming pressie

aPeteFromOz

Whoa! Slow down critters!...

Thanks for all your advice....

However, the point I was trying to make was about how I want to spend my gains, and the immediate thoughts I had... about being able to clear my debts, then buy some rubber gear.

Pete

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Gosport, UK

Hey, we all get those spending urges every so often - with me it's either cars or rubber I find myself frittering virtual cash away on. Unfortunately right now I'm skinter than a skint thing so having to behave myself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast