Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..

View Entire Thread: Allergy?

NL - Netherlands
    Region:
    Overijssel

Default Allergy?

Hi to all,

Two years ago I bought by luck a cheap dipped latex catsuit on E-bay. And I also bought a few other things like a rubber mask, socks, gasmask and gloves. I like the way it feels, looks and stretches. I had no problems…

For four months ago I bought a Chinese full body suit complete with hood, gloves and socks.
    Since I opened the package my nose didn’t like the smell and my eyes started tearing. Also there was a dirty chemical on the suit witch a washed off (thanks to this forum).
    And off course I started to wear the suit and I feels amazing to be totally in rubber. But every time I wear the suit I feel like I am having a hay flu and hours after I feel tired and sometimes my hart beats faster than normal.
    I went to the doctor and asked him if I could be allergic to latex or rubber. I did not mention my love for rubber but I said that when I use latex gloves on my work I get itchy eyes and my nose is closed. I didn’t want me to test for an latex allergy but mentioned put some latex on your skin for 24 hours and if you have an reaction you are allergic. I did this and I had no skin reaction or other reaction.

Does any one know am I starting a latex/rubber allergy and how can I find that out? And do I play with my live? Believing the stories about latex allergy on the internet/ wiki-pedia.

Thank you

Region:
    East Sussex

Default Re: Allergy?

Hi

First thing you need to wash it multiple times before wearing it for any length of time.

Do a soak, hand wash and also the wool wash cycle in a washing machine. Make sure its all dry before starting again.

I believe there's some left over chemicals still in the latex that slowly leaches out.

M

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    W. Pa. (sp, sm, fl)/Cen Fl win

You probably don't have an allergy to latex as such. Consider the source of hte test piece that you used! However, plenty of other materials could be present in the latex or on the surface. That your suit was made in China possibly suggests that some other agent, and plenty exist, may be causing irritation at the least. As we have recently seen, quality control AND concern for health and safety often seem to fade in the structure of Chinese manufacturing.

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Hi rubcardo. It does sound like it's related to chemicals on the suit rather than a proper allergy. I believe a latex allergy will initially appear as a rash (often with itching or burning sensations) up to 24 hours after contact, and can then progress to hives and other more extreme forms of reaction including anaphylactic shock. Not nice for anybody, especially rubberists!

NL - Netherlands
    Region:
    Overijssel

Thanks for the reactions so far. I really enjoy wearing my catsuit(s). I hope I don?t have type 1 allergy. For my as rubberist is that a worst cause scenario. I am going to save money to buy another fullbody suit from a European manufacturer in the hope they don?t use the same chemicals.