Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Breath Control Safety Issues

Open in New Window
    Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Default Breath Control Safety Issues

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Default Breath play comes out of the closet

Just a bit of a refresh, really, on this whole topic area. Doing a bit of link surfing, it has struck me this morning that a fair number of high profile pay-per-view sites are featuring pretty intense breath-play as part of their overall "fetish mix", if you like. Maybe I haven't been looking and it's always been there; maybe lots of people do it and I'm out of touch. RubberEva, in particular, puts this right up front.

I have a teensy weensy criticism of these sites, with a really tiny side-order of nanny knows best: while I would never want to suggest that people should not indulge in these games, I am a bit concerned that these picture sets are appearing without nearby, suitably flagged, clear links to safety information. Whatever the commercial web-site creators might want to show in public, it is always going to be true that the consumers of those sites tend to go away and practice what they see: and the crucial difference is, breath-play with partners who can release you at any sign of difficulty is NOT the same as solo breath-play. Iv'e managed to get into trouble over nothing more complicated than a stuck hood-zip and slippery gloves, because I'm a clumsy fool: I hate to think what might happen if someone tries out the heat-shrink plastic bag games I've seen on some of the video sites, and gets into trouble. with nobody there to help.

PLEASE, everyone, be careful with breath play in general: as I understand from several pro dominas who are highly skilled scuba divers, the danger from breath-play is actually far closer than many people think - there are instances of people dying from heart attacks AFTER they get their air-supply back, due to some complex interplay of metabolism. This is however only a background risk, by comparison with the difference between play in company, and play solo.

(don't take this the wrong way, Eva: I'd happily lie struggling in the background of one of your photo shoots. I just worry about solo copycat players)

Mask75

Default Re: Breath play comes out of the closet

Nothing to add, you're right.

As many of those pay-per-view sites offer such game-play they should also be more preventive and add some big advertising with the pictures.

Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Dark

This is a terrific and well presented article on the topic. But I have mixed feelings about this stuff. Since there are obviously very serious risks here... including the ultimate... loss of life... one wonders if the benefits could be worth such risks.

Clearly, for many it is. I would like to hear more about that.. Maybe those who do breath play might enlighten others on what exactly the benefits are. As Doc mentioned, the whole gasmask thing is very much front and center for many sites and many players.... as evidenced by profiles and pix. Perhaps there is a much lighter and less risky aspect to this type of play. Is this true?

People die from skiiing, hang gliding, mountain climbing, off shore sailing, motor cycling and so many things we do for "pleasure". Why should high risk sex be seen as any different as far a risk is concerned...

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Oh I don't mind people taking risks. Risks are fun; what I mind is a lack of surrounding information. When I ride a bike, I know the risks. Similarily when I drive over 150mph - I've seen the ER documentaries and met the crash victims. There's a rather unfortunate trend in adult materials, to skip the preparation and jump straight to the wood - it took the hardcore movie business nearly two decades of showing anal sex, for example, before Tristan Taormino came along and actually made movies about *how* this is achieved, and why it might go wrong.

I don't think the solo breath players are especially "reachable" by propaganda - it seems to be inherently a dead straight, isolated, and depressive interest, if the friend I lost to it is any guide - a very dirty secret, which re-emerges in isolated people without any body of information about the risks being readily findable. The most high-profile instance of this was, allegedly, Michael Hutchence, the lead singer from INXS. A famously successful stud, the man world renowned for finding Kylie Minogue's mojo, his interest in solo breath play was a private and introverted thing - this is quite different from the copycat problem I'm drawing attention to. In our case, Breath Play is emerging into the middle of an exceptionally well-informed group, and the opportunity exists to discuss it cleanly and sensibly. As per usual, Ataraxia's research skills have done us proud: can I ask that the link to that article is posted here as plain text, so that sites wanting to follow up on my suggestion can easily copy n paste it into their information item?

Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Per DrGummi's request, here is the URL:
    http://www.thebrc.net/articles/Vamp/...l_play_v.shtml

The link window is intended as a "sampler".

You can get the URL at any time by clicking on "New Window" link just below the article in the link window in the message below. It opens a new page in your browser and the URL will be located in its "address" box.

This also applies all other similar link windows anywhere in the Forums and RubberDex.

Pasphyx

Re: Breath play comes out of the closet

[QUOTE=Dark]
    Clearly, for many it is. I would like to hear more about that.. Maybe those who do breath play might enlighten others on what exactly the benefits are. As Doc mentioned, the whole gasmask thing is very much front and center for many sites and many players.... as evidenced by profiles and pix. Perhaps there is a much lighter and less risky aspect to this type of play. Is this true?

After reading the thread just one thing is clear: it can be a dangerous game!

I think it will be depending on which way it is played.

When controlling breath means ?put away? ogygen, blocking up the respiration, you
    will soon reach the dangerous states of hypoxia and anoxia leading to heavy reactions
    with at the end threatening: exitus! The real danger is lingering in the euphoric state at
    first, the lost of orientation, you are not able to estimate your own status anymore, the
    process progresses imperceptible to the one concerned. So you loose control over
    yourself, in a disastrous way, in literature it is compared with somebody using drugs,
    being high. The Top, the controller will often not been able to observe enough, the
    Bottom mostly packed or bound, wearing a hood/gasmask. I think a fatal accident is
    programmed in such a constellation.

Some of the authors mentioned the fact, that at Domina?s accidents are rare, it seems
    safer. In this case the play is not so extreme, that will be the reason ? it would also be
    bad publicity to the studio if the undertaker would being a frequent visitor! The play
    mostly is a light form of control. Breathing in a gasmask and the fitting tubes, as high-
    light perhaps the connection of Top's outlet and Bottom's inlet, so you get just ?used?
    air at respiration, a mild form of hypoxia if at all will occur at this sessions. Even in this
    way you have to be a little carefully, because nausea is possible and very rare vomiting
    which can be dangerous as you know.

The mean thrill I felt, was mainly psychological: being completely rubberised (TE)
    wearing over the catsuit-hood still a gasmask, I was completely aware of the exciting
    fact, that breathing, air, was the only connection to the outside world left, breathing
    was at once the most important thing in your live. A short interruption of air supply by
    blocking up the tube, placing it some where on your body, mostly done by your self, is
    not dangerous when supervised.

Only if there is the great trusting between the partners, tubes could be connected to
    another person?s mask so you can (be) influence(d by) the other one, getting/loosing
    control over/to you partner is here the main theme. Of course by holding breath the
    Top will impair the Bottom?s respiration, but also the Top has to breath again and so
    Bottom will get his needed air. Only problem when the Top is a well trained athlete and
    Bottom not!

In general safety first: important always the Bottom?s mask has to be removable easily
    by her/him self.

Physical in this way there will be (gladly) not enough hypoxia to cause severe reactions,
    there will be no stimulating of erection, deepening of orgasm so the main thrill I think is
    just the psycho one.

alex_rubber

Having recently stuck a plastic bag over a girl's head and shoved a camera in her face....

Solo games of any sort are high risk, regardless of whether they involve breath play or not. The shoot that I did was carefully controlled to ensure I didn't have a dead Mercury on my hands. But yes I see your point that an eejit might see my pix and decided to rush down Tesco, buy an extra large plastic bag and promptly suffocate in it!

However, if I were to include a "this is how we did it" then I think that would detract from the effect of the images themselves. Of course, if someone would like to submit a "safety in breath play" to the Tribune I'd be happy to consider it

Alex

Dark

I am very troubled by all the images of breath play without any disclaimers about the safety issues involved. This to me is completely irresponsible.

I am not asserting that someone will see the pics, put a plastic bag on their head and wake up in the morgue... but this is not outside the realm of possibility.

Clearly there are matters of life and death involved with breath play. And those who mount pics of it... as if it is like wearing thigh high boots and a rubber dress are in my opinion - DANGEROUS.

I would urge all who do this work ie make photographs of breath play to INCLUDE specific and detailed references to the risks involved is such things.

It's all fun and games till someone loses and eye.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast