Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

View Entire Thread: sleeping in catsuit gives you heat rash? boy i hope i can avoid this next time

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    count of los angelas

Default sleeping in catsuit gives you heat rash? boy i hope i can avoid this next time

so i got my new catsuit from kinkyking latex it fits quite well so i figured i'd take a good nights sleep in it. I've slept well in latex before..

I woke up about four a.m with my netherparts burning and itching, took the suit off in the shower and realized that i had heat rash or moisture rash or something down there..burning, stinging, extremely sensative to touch..

I have slept in wetsuits, multiple lycra layers, latex catsuit etc, and never remotely had a problem like this. Is there any precautionary measures i can take for next time? i really dont want to have to stop sleeping in my suit.

MissFuzzyBunny

Default Re: sleeping in catsuit gives you heat rash? boy i hope i can avoid this next time

Ooh, sorry to hear that! Did you wash it thoroughly before wearing it?

A friend got a rash from a catsuit he bought from an American designer. I believe the culprit was the cornstarch she uses on her finished product to keep it from sticking together. The combination of sweat and cornstarch was pretty harsh to him.

If it were me, I would go for an allergy test, but that's probably overkill. Maybe chlorinating it will help?

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    count of los angelas

Default Re: sleeping in catsuit gives you heat rash? boy i hope i can avoid this next time

actually kkl claims there sheeting is chlorinated before manufacturing so it is already chlorinated, though i dont think very well or with very light sollution..but i do not use powder or lubricant to get into the suit and it seems to slip on as easily as my other catsuit which i do use powder with.

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Hertfordshire

I'd give it a really good wash first with some mild detergent, rinse, then dry and powder it.

US Pacific Northwest US
    Region:
    San Francisco, CA

If it's just in your crotch area, it's probably a fungus, i.e. jock itch fungus because that area tends to stay damp for long periods like the feet. In fact, wash your hands after touching your feet because that's the most likely way of spreading the fungus to your crotch.

Buy some anti-fungal cream/jock itch cream, apply twice a day after washing with soap. Change your underwear every day. Do this every day for about a month.

And definitely wash out your catsuit with mild detergent after use.

Sorry, not the most pleasant answer is it?

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    count of los angelas

not pleasant but it does make sense because i had itchy feet a few times in rubber before..maybe it laid dormant lol, i do keep clean and change underwear daily but sometimes wear rubber underwear which i'm sure contributes to it too lol..guess i'll lay off for awhile and get some antifungal cream.

Region:
    East Sussex

Surprisingly I had something similar last night which only seamed to appear about 5:30am when I woke up.

Nothing visible but my forearms are itching and kept me from getting proper sleep.

I normally wear a long sleeve base before putting on latex shirt and it was in the wash so just used a t-shirt. So itching is from elbow down.

Really really annoying and I'm one who needs my sleep.

I will add that the shirt is was made in the far east so wonder if thats an issue?

M

MissFuzzyBunny

Quote Originally spoken by Blackice View Post
    I will add that the shirt is was made in the far east so wonder if thats an issue?
    Well, I guess you never know, however my friend who experienced this phenomenon purchased his catsuit from Nimues Latex and at the time they were only using 4D Rubber.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

I have had several "Chinese" suits sent to me for repair and "cleaning".

They appear to be covered in some kind of foul smelling goo or polish or lubricant, applied by the manufacturer, which is hard to remove totally. This substance could be an irritant and although the suits are advertised as chlorinated I can tell you from personal experience (I am a pro chlorinator with four years experience under my belt) that they have not been chlorinated at all.

Add these two issues together and the problems you have experienced may very well be down to them.

Try thoroughly cleaning the inside and outside of the suit several times before wearing next time or even consider a "deep clean" in a washer on a very low heat setting. If the situation continues I would take up the matter with the vendor.
    Last edited by Wired; 2008-Nov-04 at 13:15.

ZA - South Africa
    Region:
    Johannesburg

I have only had this once, and that boogieman "latex alergy" gave me a big fright, a rashe all over the body.

Overheating is something to be very concious of, especially if you sleep in latex, then important factors to be concerned with is cleanliness, all sorts of protenes and oils lodge in the pores of the latex, these need to be removed for health reasons.

Then there is this constant lube story," what to use", I have seen some horrific sugestions, try this and try that, we have experienced rubberists available here that can advise you, so just ask.

Any lubricant you can drink is safe, anything else I steer away from, remember your skin is the biggest organ on the body, and absorbes the liquid you are immersed in, I believe from a dermatologist you would be amased at how much water is absorbed in just a bath.

I have had gear sent to me for repair, and the owners have been polishing their latex with Eros J Lube, it is hell to remove and makes the latex all gummy like, in fact it spoils the latex apearance very quickly and does not keep its shine, be carefull of what is recomended at shops, most do not know what they are selling.

That is why the IAR is such a valuable resource, use it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast