Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..

View Entire Thread: To Start Off

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Newcastle

Default To Start Off

I have been interested in the latex/rubber fetish scene for a long time but i am yet to buy any of the actual clothing.
    Are there any hints for a first time buyer? What do i buy first?
    I'm not quite sure.
    I'm willing to spend around 200-300 pounds on a few items but i thought i would ask you guys first

US Pacific Northwest US
    Region:
    San Francisco, CA

Default Re: To Start Off

These days you can find cheap molded rubberwear in adult stores all over. I think most people start with latex stockings and long gloves.

If you want to spend more, then you can order online or visit London for some made-to-measure.

Keep in mind that you're not going to look like Susan Wayland and that even good latex clothing isn't the most durable stuff.

Don't forget to wash, dry and powder it after you've worn it, and you'll be fine.

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    Monterey, CA

One of the best sources of latex I have found is Ebay. It's easy to find almost anything and if you can't find what you want now it may come up later. Also a way to reduce costs easily is to buy clearance/discounted items. Some may have a defect but most are items that are perfectly fine but are being phased out or excess stock. Most major retailers have a sale/discount/clearance section on their sites and most have a section in their shops. Good luck with the bargain hunt!

Region:
    East Sussex

Quote Originally spoken by MrStamper View Post
    One of the best sources of latex I have found is Ebay. It's easy to find almost anything and if you can't find what you want now it may come up later. Also a way to reduce costs easily is to buy clearance/discounted items. Some may have a defect but most are items that are perfectly fine but are being phased out or excess stock. Most major retailers have a sale/discount/clearance section on their sites and most have a section in their shops. Good luck with the bargain hunt!
    Westward Bound has a clear out of slightly marked or sunlight damaged latex ever couple of months.

Libidex does a 30% sale during the summer and when they know business is traditionally slow in the year.

Catsuits are great but to start off with why not get a pair of leggings and a top.

For men's - Expectations is a great low cost hand made and robust latex. They do new years sales too.

M

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Sydney

For a first time buyer, it is easy to go down the moulded gear route. It is cheap, and it is rubber, but apart from the small items like gloves, socks etc it doesn't tend to last. You could start off with a set of moulded leggings and top, with seperate wrist gloves, socks and maybe a hood. They will be fine to give you the basic coverage and feel! Check out denber.co.uk for your moulded gear requirements.

If you decide that this is your thing I strongly recommend you upgrade to glued rubber items - either a set of leggings and top or a catsuit. It can be tempting to buy these for cheap but remember you get what you pay for, and a lot of the items from China can be highly variable in quality!

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Newcastle

Thanks for all the advise, i've been thinking maybe some glued stockings and perhaps some briefs. I especially like the briefs with the sheath as it seems to be even more sensual.

Also i've always wanted to try a dress, me being a man i feel embarrased about even thinking it but it seems like it would be something very erotic (to me atleast). Is that cross dressing? i wouldn't no. Anyone else (whos male of course) tried a latex dress on?
    I've even seen corsets that i'd like to wear too (gosh it's like a kid in a candy store ), they seem to complete an outfit really well and they look amazing. Obviously theyre really expensive (or atleast the ones i've seen).

US Pacific Northwest US
    Region:
    San Francisco, CA

Yes, it's crossdressing and be warned, crossdressing is called "the sport of kings" because it's so damned expensive, and latex crossdressing is doubly so!

The biggest mistake that I can think of is to be ashamed of either your rubber fetish or your crossdressing. Just go out and have fun as who you are, and be whatever you want to be.

GB - United Kingdom
    Region:
    Taunton, Somerset

Why not ring [rdx]Kastley[/rdx] and tell them your budget and your thoughts. I have always received friendly advice and they are not all that far from you. You might follow up with a visit and immerse yourself in the possibilities before making a decision. You've no need to be shy with them, they have heard it all before.
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2008-Nov-15 at 13:44. Reason: added rdx tag