Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Another latex related death

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Re: Another latex related death

Actually Doc, not my private playground for my particular morals and specific brand of absolutist dogma at all, takes a breath, read the mission statement recently?

"We do not want, allow or condone any form of content even distantly related to pedophilia, beastiality, hatred or malice, racial or ethnic slurring, non-consentual activities or anything which would tend to portray Rubberists as being something other than tolerant, loving, decent and law-abiding people who do not pose a threat to anyone."

I guess your trying to tell me that your comments didnt relate to any of the above? If you dont see how these comments are offensive "worst case scenario, pregnant, disabled, black long-lost half-daughter" then I think you made the right decision.
    Last edited by Wired; 2009-Feb-04 at 00:49.

UK England (Midlands)
    Region:
    East Midlands

I'm with the Doc, seems that the pc world has suddenly arrived here as well as the bbc!

US Midwest Northern US
    Region:
    CHICAGO

In the midst of all this wrangling, I think we have missed the whole point of the original post. Unirubber said it best. We've lost on of our own. That is a tragedy. We should morn our loss and take from it whatever lessen we may learn. This is not about workplace ethics. I assume we all wear rubber. That's why we are here in the first place. There is a whole section about rubber in the workplace. Why the outrage. This is bout edge play. Using popper is edge play. Edge play is dangerous. Play safe!
    WillyJim

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Quote Originally spoken by huffatwo View Post
    I'm with the Doc, seems that the pc world has suddenly arrived here as well as the bbc!

Fine, hold his hand as you both walk out the door. This has nothing to do with political correctness, those comments were plainly insulting. The Doc knows he overstepped the mark by a country mile but admitting he might just be wrong isnt part of his psyche.

I refer you also to the mission statement of IAR.
    Last edited by Wired; 2009-Feb-04 at 15:15.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Everyone, please from now on stick to the original topic, which was I believe, a warning to be careful. Otherwise this thread will be closed.

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    Northport, NY

It's not PC to discuss the boundary of what is acceptable fetish activity. The caveat emptur is to each his own and who can say what is wrong, right too little or too much, sane or insane, responsible or irresponsible. We live in a free society for the most part and we control our own bods and destinies.

Fine and dandy.

But as we know and read much of what people do in the fetish world extends beyond their own self. It may and often intersects with their life partner, family, friends, collegues and random strangers who consent to or don't.

It's rather hard to come up with rules of the road and so we get the useless marketing drivel of Safe Sane and Consensual which means nothing and accomplishes nothing but sounds so cool.

Flash - everyone dies. Most naturally at the end of a long life. Some get taken down by illness or accident before their 4 score and others chose risky activities in their occupation and or their play.

So what's the lessen from this man's early demise? The lesson for THIS community. What's the real take away? We lost one of our members tragically? Or is it something else?

CA Ontario, Canada
    Region:
    Ottawa, Ontario

Quote Originally spoken by drgummi View Post

Even though there was no evidence - as they say on CSI, the tox screen was negative - they still went with an inhalant-related asphyxiation. To my mind this is appalling: the caring professions here turn their back and those whose interests might be close to this guy's, can't find out anything more about how he died.
    Well... this could be because of poor understanding of terms by the journalist. Often the "tox screen" merely means a chemical examination of the victim's blood. There may be no traces in the blood left (I must admit I'm not sure about poppers and the duration in the blood). However, there may be *physical* evidence of inhalant-related asphyxiation - a certain pastern of damage to the airways characteristic of such a death.

I'm not saying that the coroner did (or did not) his job, rather that the journalist probably wasn't thorough.

Observer

US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Metropolitan DC

I tried an "Altavista" search on the guard's name and came up with several references. Most of them were even more outrageous in their tone, than the one originally sited.

But I have cut and pasted a more evenly tempered writing, that at least will give us more insight to the tragedy.

Man died after sex act went wrong

So can see Mr. Santiago was a bonifide rubberist, but unfortunately he kept pushing the limits with his edge playing. I think that's the moral to this story. You'll also note from the other sources that I did not cite, the lack of understanding that most people have for our need to dress in latex (some comments just outright degrading).

As for me, it is after hours at my work place. I've completed what I wanted to do today. So, before I go home, I may just put on my total enclosure suit for an hour before heading home to the wife and kiddies (see there is a reason for pursuing one's fetish at the work place).
    Last edited by Rubberron; 2009-Feb-15 at 15:23. Reason: Removed copied text ,and added link to article, because of copyrights

MissFuzzyBunny

Thanks, UrbanRubber for posting that more balanced and detailed news report.

Wow, now I am even sadder, because the poor guy was not only good looking, but he sounds almost like my ideal latex man. I am so grateful that so many of us here have understanding partners or viable outlets at the clubs to explore. Here in Copenhagen, we have the excellent Latex Logen, which is a very comfortable and non-judgmental club. It is frequented by single men who are always very polite, who feel comfortable enough to play in some of the edgy equipment, which is always supervised by a fellow fetishist knowledgable in the ins and outs of the similar equipment.

In the summer time we have the opportunity to go to a rubberist summer camp for the week for more exploration. It's something I would encourage any single male rubberist here look into attending, if you need a fun and understanding place to take your experiments even further.

Looking back on this train wreck of a thread, I am also wondering if a lot of the stronger and more critical responses were not some automatic reaction out of guilt or simple fear--a simple "There but for the grace of God go I" reaction. I often see similar reactions on boards populated by young mothers, for example, when a murderous mom is in the news, such as the woman who drowned all 7 of her children. I often wonder if maybe these young women react so strongly and forcefully ("She should be killed!") because it is something so close to what they fear during their worst moments of parenting. Few act on these impulses of course, but it must feel very scary when reading about the mom who snapped.

So maybe instead of reacting to these stories as aberrations, perhaps Dr Gummi's suggestion of recognizing the inherent risks and the fact that such urges are irresistable to many is actually more realistic and more constructive, because we can work on ways to cope with the urge when it comes, instead of acting rashly out of fear or desperation, to tragic consequences. Don't you think?

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    Northport, NY

My reading of these accounts is that he began a new job and did some dumb things locked in the mensroom on his second day of work. Even if he hadn't ended his life, his compulsion to me seems out of control. While I understand how compelling some things are, which is how we can become addicted, I question how someone can abandon rational thought to the extent that the risks are minimized. This sort of behavior seems to be rather too common and there are many stories of people who can't deal with these things. Wasn't Leaving Las Vagas about a man who literally decided to drink himself to death? YIKES.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast