Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

View Entire Thread: The Wetseal Rubber Garment Making Tutorials.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default The Wetseal Rubber Garment Making Tutorials.

Hi all,

The brilliant tutorials written by Wetseal will be of definite interest to all newcomers to the DIY latex clothing game.
    They cover all aspects of the techniques needed to produce high quality latex creations of your own. Details on sourcing latex sheet and adhesives, cutting and seaming, how to install zippers and finishing off your garments are just a few examples of the information contained in these definitive essays.
    I've used them extensively and before trying any new technique they are definetly my first port of call and without them I doubt I'd have been able to progress so quickly.

WETSEAL_RUBBER - Rubber the Right Way - Make Your Own Latex Clothing

Did you know that with basic skills and tools, you can make your own rubber tee shirts for $USD 25.00, and full catsuits for $USD 100.00? (This essay won 2nd prize in the 2002 Cocoon/IAR Essay Contest)

WETSEAL_RUBBER - Mastering the Latexed Zipper!

Offers several techniques for installing sturdy zippers in your latex creations.

WETSEAL_RUBBER - Latex On The Edge! - Hems and Other Garment Finishes

Provides basic ideas and some skills to assist you in finishing the edges of latex wear you make yourself.

WETSEAL_RUBBER - Getting It Together: Closures for Latex Garments

This essay aims to provide working techniques for rubberists to put different kinds of closures into their latex garments. Better, it hopes to assist rubberist's creativity in making latex wear that is both "user friendly" and stylish.

Hope you all find these as useful as I have,
    regards,
    Wired

totieuup

Default Re: The Wetseal Rubber Garment Making Tutorials.

great site, thanks a mil

Region:
    East Sussex

Hi

How hard would it be to take all those pages and turn them into a self contained PDF document?

M

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne

Hi all,

I too can vouch for the value of Wetseal's essays. Several years ago I contacted him to ask if he would mind me downloading all his articles and printing them for my own use, for which he was very agreeable.

He really did put a lot of work into his essays, and there are endless colour photographs illustrating various techniques that he describes. When I printed out the articles I ended up with about 120 pages of text and photographs, so you can see that it is a very comprehensive treatise - far more detailed than any published material that I have seen [eg Sian-Kate Mooney's book].

Anyone starting out making their own latex gear could not have a better guide. It is a great pity that Wetseal is no longer, I understand, part of our community - by choice that is.

Glaftex

MissBish

Not only are Wetseals essays, incredibly helpful. If I hadnt have found my first one on Google, I may never have found IAR !!!!!!!

Thanks Wetseal wherever you are

Miss B

UK England (south western)
    Region:
    Cornwall

Someone mention a PDF ...

I have created a pdf of the 4 articles, unfortunately it exceeds the file size limit for IAR (it's 684k).

Any suggsestions?

J

Rubb is offline IAR Ass't Webmstr & Technical Director Postacrat 400+
    LV - Latvia
    Region:
    Ventspils

Actually why anyone need PDF of those four articles.? That is what I did:
    1. start you text editor(I used M$ Word 2003),
    2. open needed article in your browser(I used Firefox),
    3. select all article contents,
    4. copy selected text to cipboard(Ctrl+C in Windows),
    5. go to your editor and make 'Paste'(Ctrl+V)... editor downloaded all article images. After saving that document, you get your fully local copy of those articles.

Wired: You did GREAT job by leting people know about those ol articles in old IAR system.. Even I'm admin there, I did not knew there were so useful articles! Thank you, and, of coarse, also thank's to author of those articles!

Kaitlyn_k

Firstly thanks Wired for the PM'ed information your a saint!

Next thanks for posting these links as the information is second to none and it looks like it could stop me atleast making a fair few unneccesary mistakes. I have collated the files a sigle Pdf, great minds think alike jantzenuk! for me Pdf are the easiest to keep track of as we have a fair few manuals,programmes and such like on the main Pc's, if anybody would like to copy it then feel free...

http://www.indigo-5.demon.co.uk/latexwear1.pdf
    We have reformatted it a bit and re paged it so each section is new feed, it makes life easier if you want to print it out or view with paperport.

Kaitlyn

CA Alberta, Canada
    Region:
    Calgary

Quote Originally spoken by MissBish
    Not only are Wetseals essays, incredibly helpful. If I hadnt have found my first one on Google, I may never have found IAR !!!!!!!

Thanks Wetseal wherever you are

Miss B
    Well Miss Bish, you will be pleased to know that Wet Seal (Joel) is alive and well and now working and living in San Diego California. He is no longer doing anything related to fetish clothing or activities as he has re-affirmed his commitment to his church and families religious activities.

I will miss his creativity and his unique outlook to doing fetish fashion.

STEFFY
    STEFFY :ca: Rubber Doll and latex fashion lover

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Respects to all for the kind comments and to Joel for producing without doubt the finest latex garment making tutorials the world has ever seen.

It must have been a monumental task for him to put the sum of his extensive knowledge into words and the attention to detail which is present in the tutorials is truly staggering and is unlikely to be surpassed.

It's formed the basis of my own knowledge along, of course , with the help and encouragement of many of the good people of IAR.

I think Joel's legacy has produced scores of competent garment makers and his influence is likely to continue.

Best regards,
    Wired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast