Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

View Entire Thread: RAINWEAR, MACKINTOSHES or CAPES

UK England (south western)
    Region:
    Bournemouth

Default Re: Rubber Mackintosh (sp?) Suppliers

I got a SBR trenchcoat from Weathervain recently and it very good in heavy weight material. They also did some special things - no lining, no ventilationand, extra belt holes, a nice strapped storm flap. The sizings are generous in chest for the overall length and the arm-length.

Ideal summer wear.

Blackie.

maclover_mike

Default Rubberlined mackintoshes

:uk: Would like to add my comments as to the wonderful pleasure of wearing ladies hooded rubberlined belted single texture cotton or satin mackintoshes, boots and gas mask. Such a heavenly feel to feel the smooth rubber against the skin and take in that wonderful aroma.

UK England (south western)
    Region:
    Dorset

Default Re: rubber lined mackintosh's and capes

Chlorination has become a huge thread recently and has centred on latex. It certainly enhances the latex making it more slippery and maintenance free.

I have several rubber lined cotton, nylon or satin mackintoshes that are slightly less slippery than when they were new and I want to try Chlorinating them.

A friend tells me that they are coated by a different process from the manufacture of latex. A certain amount of powder is incorporated into the rubber when it is made. This gradually eases out to the surface to keep it from becoming sticky, but over time this maybe it gets used up.
    Do you think this has happened to mine because it is definitely not as smooth and slippery as a new rubber lined mackintosh?
    I am wondering if there is a way of Chlorinating rubberlined mackintoshes???

It would bleach the material . . . but I am not concerned about that if it would improve the soft rubber lining and make it smooth again, like it improves latex

Incidenally I have a bright blue mackintosh that I would like to dye or re-colour somehow to black or a dark colour.
    Is there a way of doing it?
    :uk:
    Last edited by jocheem; 2005-May-16 at 21:43.

Electrojim is offline Minister of Silliness Postacrat 1000+
    AU - Australia
    Region:
    Tasmania

Default Re: rubber lined mackintosh's and capes

Quote Originally spoken by jocheem
    Chlorination has become a huge thread recently and has centred on latex. It certainly enhances the latex making it more slippery and maintenance free.

I have several rubber lined cotton, nylon or satin mackintoshes that are slightly less slippery than when they were new and I want to try Chlorinating them.

A friend tells me that they are coated by a different process from the manufacture of latex. A certain amount of powder is incorporated into the rubber when it is made. This gradually eases out to the surface to keep it from becoming sticky, but over time this maybe it gets used up.
    Do you think this has happened to mine because it is definitely not as smooth and slippery as a new rubber lined mackintosh?
    I am wondering if there is a way of Chlorinating rubberlined mackintoshes???

It would bleach the material . . . but I am not concerned about that if it would improve the soft rubber lining and make it smooth again, like it improves latex

Incidenally I have a bright blue mackintosh that I would like to dye or re-colour somehow to black or a dark colour.
    Is there a way of doing it?
    :uk:
    Hi Jocheem,
    Chlorinating a cotton mac will probably result in bleaching the colour from the cotton but it should greatly improve the texture of the rubber lining. Treating a nylon mac should be quite successful since the colour is an integral part of the nylon and is not so easily attacked by the bleach.
    If you want to change the colour of your cotton mac anyway, try the chlorination then dye the coat afterwards. However, keep this in mind. The dye can only "take" to the cotton if it has not been covered with rubber during manufacture. I have seen some garments so heavily rubbered that the lining has been forced right through the fabric and this would leave very little space for the dye to take. Try dyeing an obscure spot - say inside a pocket - and see if the dye will take.
    I agree that something in the rubber lining gets "used up" since the same thing happens to my gum rubber garments. However, chlorination works miracles.
    Regards,
    Jim Lawler.

DE - Germany
    Region:
    Kerpen near Cologne/Rhine

Default Looking for Christian Raincoat from Ohio

Hello members!

Look at Lorraine Elements or Lakeland, the old name now being established as an alternate, in the Chillout Room for "Covering up".

Follow the link to the Christian Raincoat for a description.

Exact address is here:

http://www.lakelandelements.com/coveringup/izzy1.htm

Is there anybody out there from Ohio that can tell me ordering details and dig up some pix?

I'd like to have one, the description is exciting.

Unfortunately I have no credit card, at ?750 gross income as an incapability pensioner, they'll give me none, I also have set my bank
    account to positive amounts only, it would be too expensive at 12.5% to 17.5% interest rate.

So shops accepting international money orders like Sealwear does are preferred. Do you know of an EC importer? Would ease purchasing much more.

I hope you can help me and you may enjoy a Christian Raincoat as well.

No Ebay, please, I am not the gambling type, but like to know the costs beforehand, see above.

Kind Regards

Saccus Bag (mrbag@x-mail.net)
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2005-Jun-18 at 11:41.
    Only a bag is decent clothing!

DE - Germany
    Region:

Default Looking for Christian Raincoat from Ohio

Hello members!

Look at Lorraine Elements or Lakeland, the old name now being established as an alternate, in the Chillout Room for "Covering up".

Follow the link to the Christian Raincoat for a description.

Exact address is here:

http://www.lakelandelements.com/coveringup/izzy1.htm

Is there anybody out there from Ohio that can tell me ordering details and dig up some pix?

I'd like to have one, the description is exciting.

Unfortunately I have no credit card, at ?750 gross income as an incapability pensioner, they'll give me none, I also have set my bank
    account to positive amounts only, it would be too expensive at 12.5% to 17.5% interest rate.

So shops accepting international money orders like Sealwear does are preferred. Do you know of an EC importer? Would ease purchasing much more.

I hope you can help me and you may enjoy a Christian Raincoat as well.

No Ebay, please, I am not the gambling type, but like to know the costs beforehand, see above.

Kind Regards

Saccus Bag (mrbag@x-mail.net)
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2005-Jun-18 at 11:38.

CA Ontario, Canada
    Region:
    Ottawa, Ontario

Default Re: Looking for Christian Raincoat from Ohio

I take everything I see on the net with a big fat grain of salt.

It is very possible that this garment exists, but it could also be a fantasy posted as fact (yes, these happen you know).

I think your best bet is to find someone who does custom work and make it a reality.

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    Austin, TX

I'm going to agree with Observer here. The link in question is filed next to a collection of "rainwear fiction" on a raincoat maker's website. No real person in their right mind writes in about how dual layered raincoats with chastity devices and padlocks keep their girls from smoking, drinking, and promiscuity. It was fiction, very little about actual christian values and 95%about the raincoat design...it was meant as fetish reading.

But I'll bet YOU could make it a reality...the description is very detailed and could be brought to a designer! Then tell all your friends it's an actual chastity raincoat and their kids will go bad without one!
    claus?tro?phi?li?a (n.): A love of enclosed spaces
    claus @ slicko . net

Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This "Christian Raincoat" has a familiar ring to it.....

Here is something like a Muslim counterpart to it:

<-- click it
    "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Nietzche

DE - Germany
    Region:

Aye, Claustrophilia, you're somewhat right.

This corner is not too rubbery, that shop usually sells rubberised rainwear, it is a long-known shop which now has got his name as a domain.

They have a "Nile Queen" cape they call a "Yashmak". It is a full-circle ankle-length cape with attached hood and only a slit for the eyes.

I had one, due to my huge skull the front seam cracked open of over-tension.

It might be a fantasy, communication with there will hopefully clarify that.

Kind regards

Saccus