Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

View Entire Thread: RAINWEAR, MACKINTOSHES or CAPES

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

Default Re: .RAINWEAR, MACKINTOSHES or CAPES

Lakeland Elements has in the past produced high quality brouchures which had superb photos of the range. Arthur Prescott the owner has a very good reputation,I just wonder if he is still running the operation.Contact me direct and I will sort out posting a copy for a nominal amount.

If you have lots of patience you can also try Angus of Kingfisher a one man operation at Chestnut Cottage,Newton of Petty,by Inverness,IV 1 2JQ He does made to order ,can be 8 to 12 weeks but the end result is superb.No longer using latex but otherwise many other mack materials. Describe what you are looking for and he will say how much.Very good value as well.

My own experience with Shiny mac has been disappointing because the quality of the secondhand mac was not to good,you need to read the descriptions very carefully.Overpriced for what I got.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

I've bought a few things from South Bucks recently. You're right about the emails. The whole outfit seems to be run on, I suspect, a part time basis by a lady called Irene. I have to say that she's been quick off the mark once an order has been placed. The garments have arrived within 3 days of posting the cheques. They don't seem to make anything themselves any more. My boxer shorts were obviously made by the same Malaysian company who supply pants to Arizona care. Another pair of pants from them had a Guwi label in them, So I guess it's a question of 'who do they buy the macs from?' - and forget customising.
    I've been to Weathervain a few times and the coats certainly look very high quality. To sum it up.........I wouldn't dream of buying anything so expensive from any company without actually visiting them in person. ?1000 down the tubes? You'd do better to get a cheap flight to London, hop on the tube to Kew Gardens and see for yourself.

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    W. Pa. (sp, sm, fl)/Cen Fl win

Try this link for a directory of "Mack" suppliers/manufacturers.

http://www.mach2club.com/Mackintoshes.htm
    Stretch6 (PhD, retired analytical/organic chemist)

Region:
    nyc

Thanks for all the interest! Since Valerie Vane closed her doors, I dont think anyone makes a decent mac any more. In addition to her four (4) WeatherOrNot SBR trench coats, Jen has several latex from Sealwear, who used to do custom. The back-zippered rubber trenchcoat from Holland was made by a girl friend's friend; unfortunately she's out of the business now too; it is truly a magnificent rubber coat. I check Shinymac, and every now and then they have one or two, but they are getting very expensive. The bike suit from Storm Clouds is nice; I have one that Jen uses on me for bondage purposes, great for being trussed up, but not very fashionable.

Anyone else use them for bondage? I love being layered in them, backwards/forwards/backwards using hoods over the head etc. i have also put a latex straitjacket on Jen over a catsuit, rubber jeans and shirt or jacket and UNDER a SBR trenchcoat, when her arms are bound tightly around her with the collar buckled up high, she looks just like a girl walking in the rain with her arms crossed... makes for interesting encounters in a bar or cafe, on the train or bus, etc.

I still get a tremendous erection just seeing her getting in and out of one, and its hard to maintain control when she starts layering me in yellow rubber rainsuits! Thanks again,
    Jack

FR - France
    Region:
    Paris

I have been a very satisfied customer of Weather or Not, with a perfect SBR mac entirely lined in latex with matching trousers... I still wear it, and mostlty sleep with it.
    I had to renew it to have a more "fashionable" raincoat for everyday use and hesitated between Weathervain and Storm Clouds. The price and cut appear to be similar. I have chosen Storm Clouds after a very positive dialogue with Suzi Clayton. I have ordered a SBR mac and matching trousers. Unfortunately I had to wait 5 months ( yes, five months !) after numerous exasperated mails and kind answers explaining production and procurement problems... Finally, I have got my mac, which is well cut and of good quality, despire stiffness. I still prefer my Weather or Not, but I must admit that the result is not bad...
    I have also to mention Casablanca for "gumpla" rainwear, not the same feeling as pure SBR, but good quality and shining effect.

Hissing Sid

Quote Originally spoken by Jackstrapped
    Anyone else use them for bondage?
    Absolutely!

We're not really seriously into the whole D/s thing so we just do whatever feels right at the time.
    We have a variety of different mack's. One of my favourite things is to fit Mrs Sid with a chain around her waist and then slip on her mac. She then puts here hands in the pockets and thin chains can be slipped through a tiny hole in the pockets to the chain around her waist.
    Once she's cuffed like this, with her hands trapped in her pockets, I enjoy buttoning up the mack', tightening the neck strap and then we'll go for a walk.

Conversely, when it's her turn, she enjoys fitting me with a cock cage and handcuffing my wrists behind my back for a walk. The cage holds me vertically upwards so I rub against the inside of the mack as we walk which drives me wild.
    All she has to do, sometimes, is reach in and touch me with a gloved finger and things get, erm, messy.

I must admit, I do have many more elaborate ideas along these lines but we live in a rather small town so they'll have to wait until we get away to a remote holiday cottage out in the middle of nowhere.

Hissing Sid

A quick update...

The 2 new heavy SBR mack's I bought arrived at home yesterday.

I was in a bar and, having had a few beers, I was feeling a bit low by the time I got back to my hotel so I decided to ring the missus.
    She told me that a "big, heavy" parcel had arrived and I dropped a few hints at what the contents might be. We got to talking and she asked me if she could open the parcel so I agreed.
    She tried on one mack while I was on the phone and said she loved it. She then tried on the other one (a hussar style) and, apparently, decided she really, really, loved it. She was wearing it while we were talking on the phone and I could hear the mack rustling as we spoke. Torture!

Anyway, even better, I phoned her again this morning and I could hear an interesting noise. It turns out that she liked the hussar mack so much that she decided to sleep in it and she said she woke up snuggling into the other mack as well!

And I'm stuck in another country. :-(

Still, of all the wide variety of rubber stuff we have, I can't recall her ever really falling in love with any item as completely as this mack. She couldn't stop talking about it and how it feels to wear it. I mean, we're talking about an ankle-length, heavy, long SBR mack here and she's standing in front of the mirror talking about "breaking it in" by wearing it to take the dogs for a walk when it rains!

I gotta say, I DO think they were incredibly expensive but the missus says the quality is excellent and they feel wonderful. Also, Weathervain's service was 2nd to none. Absolutely top service and, I'm told, a top quality product.
    If her initial reaction is anything to go by then I reckon it was money well spent, whatever the cost.

And I've still got to look forward to actually trying mine on as well!

rubberraincoat

Re: Buying rubber

:us:
    Quote Originally spoken by TOMMY
    you can but it from lacrosse-rainfair....they have heavy yellow rubber raincoats/parkas/pants......also check out cooke rubber rainwear......there is also rothco they sell rubber rainsuits and ponchos........check them out on the web.......they all are in the usa
    I'm in a position to answer your inquiry as to where you can get rubber raincoats, as I happen to have exactly the same fetish as you, namely, full length rubber raincoats and Converse Chuck Taylor All-stars, and I know three men in the Washington, D. C. area who have that same fetish. We have assembled a large collection of rubber raincoats, all types, from eBay. Between us, we have some yellow rubber raincoats but most are black rubber. Some have all-rubber collars, but most have corduroy on the collar, either full corduroy or corduroy-tipped. We have full corduroy in black, blule and brown and corduroy-tipped in black, blue, tan or grey. We have two kinds of pockets: patch pockets that open horizontally and are closed by a flap, and slash pockets that open vertically and you can reach either into the pockeet or inside the coat. The fastenings are either black or brass buckles, or black or chrome-plated snaps. Some have a badge shield on the left chest, some have an all-around cape, and a couple are "talmas" with a cape down to the knuckles instead of sleeves. In all, we have 60-plus rubber raincoats of all kinds, plus of course plenty of Converse, which are no problem getting, as you know. As a supplement to the collection, we have several thousand sharply focussed, close-up color photos of the more photogenic of us in the rain in rubber raincoats, about half of them also in Converse Chucks (hi-top black, white, blue and all-black, lo-cut in all colors.):us:

NO - Norway
    Region:
    M&R

Hi!

I am looking for a new SBR mackintosh now and would like to buy from my "old" supplier Weather or Not. I already have one from them, and the quality is superb! More than 10 years old now, but still looks as new. It is a riding mac in SBR with rubber lining.
    Is Weather or Not still in business or have they closed down?

Shine

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

Sadly they have closed. You might ask Weathervain if they have what you seek.