Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..

View Entire Thread: Melted Rubber

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    Dallas

Default Melted Rubber

Hello Oracle,

I think I have done the ultimate rubber sin: did not wash my catsuit after sleeping in it.

That of course was not too bad but what happend next is bad. I folded the suit and placed it on top of a plastic bin. Now I have gone back to wash the suit and something happend: in the center of my back is a little spot that seems like the rubber "melted" and made a hole! Additionally the area around the hole is discolored and feels "weakened" The rubber is just not as strong as it was. It is streachy now.

Crying....I really goofed. What happend? Did the oils in my skin break down the rubber?

Rubber101

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Default Re: Melted Rubber

The plastic bin is oil-based, and a soft plastic will likely have leached phthalates which have destroyed the suit. You may be able to save it for repair by cutting out the affected area, but nothing better. Sorry, but that's the way of it: an alternative would be just to save the bottom as leggings.

CA Ontario, Canada
    Region:
    London ontario

Default Re: Melted Rubber

Yes, Oil and rubber do not mix. It makes the rubber break down. On the other hand if it were neoprene, the fabric would stand up to oil.