Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Sian Kate Mooney's Book... Please help!

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    London

Default Sian Kate Mooney's Book... Please help!

It appears that Making Rubber Clothes is out of print, and I've tried everywhere, but have not been able to source a stray copy. If anyone has got the book, has mastered the techniques therein, and it's gathering dust on a shelf, then I would love to buy it off you. I'll obviously pay upfront, as well as cover the P&P. You'd make a 'would-be-rubber-creative' a very happy bunny indeed.
    Thanks for reading,
    LL
    "There's nothing to fear but fear itself!" F.D.Roosevelt

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Default Re: Sian Kate Mooney's Book... Please help!

There are copies on Amazon, but horrendously expensive. There's big chunks on Google Books, but not all - perhaps you could contact her to ask them to release the hidden text, if it's not going to be back in print, she's on FB and Linked-in

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne

The book was not very cheap when it was available in Australia. Although I purchased a copy and think that it is well worth having, it is a fairly slim volume and in the meantime you would be well served by looking at Wetseal's articles on latex garment making on this site. It is by far the most comprehensive tutorial on the subject.

Glaftex

Region:
    London

Quote Originally spoken by Tom View Post
    There are copies on Amazon, but horrendously expensive. There's big chunks on Google Books, but not all - perhaps you could contact her to ask them to release the hidden text, if it's not going to be back in print, she's on FB and Linked-in
    Tom,
    yes, I've seen the amazon copies at 'somewhat' inflated prices, and I might be enthused about crafting my own rubbery goodness, but I'm not THAT enthused, I'm afraid. Neither is my purse!

I've sent Sian an email quite a while ago, asking her whether it was going to ever be printed again, and whether she knew of anywhere, where one could still purchase a copy. Unfortunately, I didn't get a reply, and am now feeling somewhat reluctant to contact her again, for fear of making a nuisance of myself.

That said, the google books angle might still be worth exploring.

Thanks for the input, and wish me luck! :S

LL.
    "There's nothing to fear but fear itself!" F.D.Roosevelt

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

I wish you luck. It would also be interesting to push our MPs to point out that the purpose of copyright is to protect the author's rights to their income, and that they are not protecting those rights if the book's not in print - to my mind at that point the work's orphaned and the rights lapse. If only...Google won't even show books long out of copyright in some instances at the moment.

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    Boston, MA

Copy selling on eBay now for $49.99 (as opposed to the copy last fall that was selling for $283).
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Making-Latex...-/301068147419

Region:
    Oxfordshire

I have a copy that I don't really need any more if anyone wants to make me an offer.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Moose, I'm afraid, although surprises are always possible, that the financial bubble has burst on this particular publication. Expecting grandiose sums to be offered I put my own copy up for sale a few months ago, looking forward to buying my island in the bahamas off the proceedings. Alas no..

Went for $50 same as the copy SS has spotted.

We continue..

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    Boston, MA

Too funny! Now you've dashed my childrens' hopes of growing rich upon inheriting on daddy's supply of peculiar literature.

Shine on!

Region:
    Oxfordshire

Hey $50 isn't bad for a book I paid cover price for, maybe I'll just ebay it.

Moose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast