Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Full suit with two layers glued together

AU - Australia
    Region:
    VIC

Default Full suit with two layers glued together

Can this be done?

Have a suit made with two thin 0.25mm layers, so its shiny smooth on inside & out. Seems most material is always one side rougher. I cant win.

Would the two sheets be first glued together? Would this be possible to get a seamless finish? As i understand glue causes the latex to distort & curl at first so I dont know if this is possible.

Would there be problems later like water seeping in between the layers?

Your thoughts? thanks.

US Midwest Northern US
    Region:
    Milwaukee, WI

Default Re: Full suit with two layers glued together

Chlorination made my suits smooth inside like the outside.

Rubberron is offline Mainstream Media Sightings Editor Postacrat 1000+
    NL - Netherlands
    Region:
    Rotterdam

Hi to All

Hello ice99
    For a smooth surface chlorination would be the best solution.

Two layers ,
    I don`t think the manufacture will glue first the sheets together, unless you specific asked for it.
    I guess they would glue the innerlayer on to the innerside of the zipper and the outer on to the outside of the zipper.
    And glue the wrist and ankels in the same way, and press the air out before they glue the last part.
    Other wise you would end up with sort of blowup-catsuit with out a valve

My guess is that a suit like that will easy be damaged

Why not ask for two seperate catsuits one with the shiny side on the inside and one with the shiny side outside?

Rubberized Greetings
    Rubberron

AU - Australia
    Region:
    VIC

Quote Originally spoken by Rubberron View Post
    Hi to All

Hello ice99
    For a smooth surface chlorination would be the best solution.

Two layers ,
    I don`t think the manufacture will glue first the sheets together, unless you specific asked for it.
    I guess they would glue the innerlayer on to the innerside of the zipper and the outer on to the outside of the zipper.
    And glue the wrist and ankels in the same way, and press the air out before they glue the last part.
    Other wise you would end up with sort of blowup-catsuit with out a valve

My guess is that a suit like that will easy be damaged

Why not ask for two seperate catsuits one with the shiny side on the inside and one with the shiny side outside?

Rubberized Greetings
    Rubberron
    I was thinking that the tailor would glue the two layers, would this design be too hard for the glueing of all the joins? And what do you mean by damage easy?

thanks.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne

Hi Ice,

I understand your thinking, but it is totally unnecessary to have two suits to get the smooth feeling inside. If you chlorinate a normal suit as suggested you will not be able to feel any roughness on the inside, and in any case most rubberists nowadays would chlorinate their latex. If you do not want or cannot chlorinate your suit, then make sure that you purchase or make a suit that uses Radical latex sheet rather than 4D as the former has a smooth finish on both sides - its just that one side is shinier than the other. However, to decide not to chlorinate is to miss out on one of the most pleasurable experiences of wearing latex. As chlorination is simple, and you have to be a real luddite not to have your garments chlorinated.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    VIC

Quote Originally spoken by Glaftex View Post
    Hi Ice,

I understand your thinking, but it is totally unnecessary to have two suits to get the smooth feeling inside. If you chlorinate a normal suit as suggested you will not be able to feel any roughness on the inside, and in any case most rubberists nowadays would chlorinate their latex. If you do not want or cannot chlorinate your suit, then make sure that you purchase or make a suit that uses Radical latex sheet rather than 4D as the former has a smooth finish on both sides - its just that one side is shinier than the other. However, to decide not to chlorinate is to miss out on one of the most pleasurable experiences of wearing latex. As chlorination is simple, and you have to be a real luddite not to have your garments chlorinated.
    Im afraid its a psychological thing for me, when i first got into latex i didn't care about the inside, now just knowing its not shiny significantly lowers the appeal. As time goes on I want more & more perfect. Chlorination doesn't cut it for me, its like shaving when I could just wax. Im a bit of nut that way.

NL - Netherlands
    Region:
    Rotterdam

Hi to All

Hello Ice
    Well if the two suits are only glued together at the zipper and neck,wrists and ankles, there is the change that the inner suit will stick to your body, while the outer one slithters over the inner one.
    This may cause one of the layers to tear while moving/walking, or while putting a two layers tightfit catsuit on or taking it off.

All the seams/joins glued? that would mean each part(arm/leg) needs to be pressed to get the air out, I guess it can be done.
    But it will be a very difficult job.

Rubberized Greetings
    Rubberron

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    East Anglia

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you are looking for (also got no experience of the quality)
    doublesided catsuit

RT

NL - Netherlands
    Region:
    Rotterdam

Hi to All

Hello ice99
    I took me sometime to find this post of mine
    There is double shiny latex sold by one company , see this thread: http://www.rubberist.net/forums/show...ubber-sheeting

Rubberized Greetings
    Rubberron

US Midwest Northern US
    Region:
    CHICAGO

Before it went to rubber suit heaven, I owned a Cocoon PS1 blowup suit and hood. Occasionally I would wear it without inflating the suit part. I have to admit it was an interesting experience. The two layers seemed to have an insulating effect. Without a doubt the suit was much hotter to wear then if I layered up with two single layer suits. Oh, and it was noising to wear.
    WillyJim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast