Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 104 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: -----GARMENTS I HAVE MADE---- (showcase your creations here!)

Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Default Garments I have made (showcase your creations here!)

Wired
    Aspiring Postacrat
    Username: Wired

Post Number: 39

Rating: N/A
    Votes: 0 )

Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 07:00 pm GMT: Thanks Ataraxia,
    I think the next one along will be a blue pearlsheen number,my wardrobe is growing by the day!

Cheers,
    Wired. 'wired - probably the skinniest ass in the world'

Ataraxia
    IAR Admin Team
    Username: Ataraxia

Post Number: 834

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 09:49 pm GMT: wow! it sure looks nice and a good fit, too!

Congrats! If I fill my swimming pool with dry ice and let it melt, can I then swim in it without getting wet?

Wired
    Aspiring Postacrat

Post Number: 38

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 04:29 pm GMT: 'Wired - The Suit'

Yay, finished it!
    Ater 10 hours ,a bit of re measuring and re glueing here and there and its gotta be the best fitting and feeling bit of rubber kit i have ever worn.
    The experience was extremley interesting and rewarding :-) and relatively inexpensive ,even with a few mistakes(which wont be repeated in the next one) the whole cost was ?36.
    The socks arent my own making (molded from Denber),these are my next project!
    Thanks to everybody who helped , Glaftex for ingenious pattern making tips,Wetseal for his expansive guides,Ataraxia for his top website and anybody else who chipped in with ideas ,hints etc.
    It wasnt just me who made this suit,but us all, nice one!
    Anyone who's interested in the full story will hopefully be able to read of my exploits in the Essay section sometime soon.

Many thanks,

Time to get zipped!

Wired.

'wired - probably the skinniest ass in the world'

Glaftex
    Journeyman Postacrat
    Username: Glaftex

Post Number: 48

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 07:18 am GMT: For those who make their own latex gear - I have just had a letter from 4D advising that their prices for latex rubber sheeting will increase by 7% on 1 May. However, if they receive an order in April for delivery in May, the old price list will apply. It is possible to order on-line at their web site <www.fourdrubber.com> , but they do have minimum orders [10m per thickness/colour, or 5m for thicknesses above .45mm.

Wired
    Aspiring Postacrat

Post Number: 21

Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 06:39 pm GMT: Thanks again Glaftex,
    That was an excellent idea to make a pattern,i just allowed slightly too much at the knee and the waist needed to be tighter. i just got through making a second pair from the black supatex and they really rock,4D latex has a great shine to it(once the talcs washed off) even without polish.Maybe later i,ll post some pics.The cling film idea is great ,i guess it can be adapted to cover most of the 'intricate' bits as well!
    Perhaps later this evening i'll have a go at the hood.I'll been using the black to hone my skills on,it would be a shame to ruin the blue in these early days.

Many,many thanks.

Wired 'wired - probably the skinniest ass in the world'

Glaftex
    Journeyman Postacrat
    Username: Glaftex

Post Number: 47

Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 06:14 am GMT: Hi Wired,
    Glad that the poor man's pattern service worked so well the first time around. I agree, its not until you make or buy a garment that fits properly that you really appreciate the difference between a perfect fit and an OK one.
    I have made several hoods in thicknesses from .15/.18 up to .43/.50. All were made using the food wrap technique I outlined for making feet patterns. If you can get someone to help in the wrapping of your head and cutting it off all the better, but you can do it yourself if you minimise the nos of thicknesses across the eyes, and of course keep an opening to the nostrils. If you do the wrapping by yourself remember not to stretch the film and do it in front of a mirror. To cut the wrap off, cut down from about the eyeline to end of the wrapping on the neck, then cut up to the hair line. You should then be able to lift the whole wrap off the back of your head without distorting the shape. Then finish cutting into two halves. Suggest you work with only one half and reserve the other.
    To get a flat pattern you will need to cut two slits about 5 or 6 cms long - one on the top and one further to the back. If you are not satisfied that you have cut in the best positions you still have the other half to try different spots. Transfer shape onto a paper or cardboard.
    When you cut out the latex using the one pattern remember to turn it over after cutting the first piece. Suggest you start with thin material, so if you need to alter the pattern you will know where to reduce or enlarge the pattern, especially if you made it too small.
    I think that the only way to make a hood is to butt the join and glue a strip over the join on the inside. I have used a lap joint but the nose area is not as comfortable as a butt joint, and the join is more obvious. You must shape the two halves before joining them ie, by closing up the two slits [now vees]. Then I join the two latex halves in three stages. Firstly I stick the two halves from the nose down to the end of the hood with narrow PVC electrical tape on the outside. Try the tape on a scrap of material if using very thin material and if you can't remove it without danger of tearing the latex, stick the tape to a sheet of glass first - that will reduce its stickiness but not eliminate it. Then glue the two halves together using a stip of latex, [also backed with PVC tape before applying the glue]. Then glue back from the nose in one, or I suggest, two stages. Unless the material thickness is over 0.5mm I would not consider a zip, but make sure you hem the neck entry point.Finally, cut out eye and nostril holes and mouth as desired, but glue a piece behind the holes for strength.
    I have never had a hood so constructed, fail or need repair. Hoods made from the thinnest materials can be worn for 8 hours or more without discomfort.
    All the best!

Wired
    Aspiring Postacrat

Post Number: 18

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 09:50 am GMT: Greetings to all,

Firstly props to Ataraxia for sterling work.
    This past week i have been dying to thank Glaftex for the amazing tip for cutting jeans to make a pattern for leggings. Thanks to Glaftex i have made the best fitting tights i have ever worn,i know what i,ve been missing all these years with tailor made garments, the fit is superb!I now go on to make some purple feet, a new shirt with sleeves,collar and back zip and bobs your aunty.
    I just took delivery of 10 mtrs Black supatex and 10 mtrs of Blue Pearlsheen ,the journey continues. A catsuit with a c+b sheath maybe soon on the horizon.
    Does anyone have ideas or patterns on how to make hoods this is my next project i think and would appreciate any help you all can give.

Its good to be back isnt it!

Stay Rubbery,

Wired.

'wired - probably the skinniest ass in the world'

Spectre
    Prolific Postacrat
    Username: Spectre

Post Number: 85

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 01:43 pm GMT: Tron, here is a kimono, we had made for my wife and she wore it to a halloween ball in Las Vegas last year. She still wears it around the house.

Latex_
    Journeyman Postacrat
    Username: Latex_

Post Number: 25

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 04:36 pm GMT: Tron,
    This is a dress I made for a friend for a fetish ball.

Have a good rubber day

Latex_ Robert
    www.antons-stl.com Latex_ Robert (Latex1945)

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Back seam tights.

Hi all,

A few pics of a new pair of tights constructed my me (from a pattern gained from a damaged pair) in the Libidex style - back leg seam, crotch panel and under foot panel.
    They are verrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy comfortable,the crotch panel eases the tightness around that area wonderfully as does the foot panel in the same way for the underside of the foot.
    Very time consuming though , 8 pieces make up the whole garment and took around nine hours to complete.It shows how a good pattern makes all the difference, Phew! But it was worth it,they fit great ,those people at Libidex really know their stuff! Hats off to Simon Rose and Co!

Also this weekend I'm gonna work on a T-Shirt and Bermuda's with contrasting side stripe based on a set of patterns provided by my mate Garlor so I'll post some pics as soon as!

A word on patterns,it is possible to use readily available dancewear patterns to construct latex clothing, all the shapes for necks,armholes and crotch shapes etc are the same for both lycra and latex. I had imagined they wouldnt be, but after examining patterns for both fabrics i've come to the conclusion that there are no marked differences, just add one or two centimetres on to the pattern as lycra has more stretch ,I think, than latex.

Oh ,by the way,did anyone make themselves a hood?

Keep cutting and glueing but dont forget to stay wellllllllllll rrrrrrrrrrrrrubbered!

Wired.
    Last edited by Wired; 2005-Dec-10 at 22:30.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Re: Back seam tights.

Hi all,

I forgot to include these pics, which show the seamless front leg and foot created by the back seam.
    I guess the fit around the hips needs tweaking a little as I didnt use my own measurements, I just used the pattern as it was and I think they were designed with a female form in mind.

Regards,

Wired.
    Last edited by Wired; 2005-Dec-10 at 22:32.

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Suffolk

Nevtex http://www.nevtex.co.uk/acatalog/M1_..._Patterns.html produce multi-sized dance patterns which are very reasonably priced (?3 each + P&P). These include almost parallel lines and I have a theory that if you cut out the next size this should be about right.

My first attempt at making latex clothes (bikini bottoms for my wife) followed the pattern exactly but were very tight which confirms wired's point regarding relative stretch in latex and lycra.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Re: Back seam tights.

Hi ianandclaireuk,

Our garment making missions seems to be following the same path. The first pattern I got was the NevtexnevtexG M Y Multi Size Leotard (they didnt have the Catsuit pattern available at the time ,I think it was temporarily out of print) and my first attempts with it were the same as yours, overall a little too tight ,so using the next size up is a good idea. I have to say that using a 'pro' pattern saves a lot of time and tweaking.
    I checked out Nevtex and now they have the Ladies Multi size Catsuit and Tights pattern back in print/stock so I'm gonna order one this week, thanks for the heads up!
    Got any photo's of your creations?- nudge wink!

Stay Rubbered,

Wired.
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2004-Aug-01 at 10:32.

Region:
    Suffolk

Hi Wired,

Actually I have only made one garment so far and hopefully a photo is attached showing the bikini bottoms and the pattern used.

I bought the Sian Mooney's book a while ago and did not have any problems with the small hem and seam piece tutorials from scaps of latex. When it came to the actual garment the seams were fine but I had trouble with the hems puckering, air pockets, frustration and glue all over the fingers. (I guess you're meant to use gloves but these will lessen the dexterity available to form the hem and latex gloves would just bond to everything).

When worn they look fine and I am pleased as a first attempt and now appreciate the skill which goes into making quality latex wear.

The plan is to make a matching top from the same pattern before proceeding onto something larger.

I&C

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi ianandclaireuk,

Shame ,I dont think your pic was uploaded.
    I just got hold of the catsuit pattern ,which needed considerable modification as the pattern sizes seem to be much smaller than the leotard pattern I've previously used.
    I had to go all the way up to size 16 (UK) in order to get the right measurements in for the top and then simply added the bottoms pattern that I've been using for a while now.
    I'll report back when I get pics sorted.

Regards,

Wired.

Region:
    Suffolk

Don't know why the file didn't upload. Tried again, everything seemed to work fine but it was not shown in the preview so I guess somethings wrong.

I have uploaded it to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/making...clothes/files/ successfully.

I&C

Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Here is Ianandclaireuk's picture:
    Last edited by Wired; 2005-Dec-10 at 22:33.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Re: Back seam tights.

Hi all,

Ianandclaireuk - great first effort ! Hemming is a difficult one to master,I would say that an ammonia based latex adhesive would be easier to use while you are refining your technique. If bad results occur,you can peel the seams back and start again , this is not really an option when using solvent based adhesives.

Great work,

Wired.