Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: -----GARMENTS I HAVE MADE---- (showcase your creations here!)

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Re: Garments I have made (showcase your creations here!)

Hi all,

Jus thought I'd share some pics of the latest.
    The finished stockings from the pattern for the stocking foot I showed you in a previous post. Always wanted to get these sorted ,they feature contrasting toe , sole, ankle, back seam and top panels. Not the easiest thing I've ever made but the results of a few hours with pen and paper are well worth it I think. My next mission is to integrate this format into a catsuit with matching hood.

Rubbery regards,
    Wired.
    Attached Images

CA Ontario, Canada
    Region:
    Ottawa, Ontario

Default Re: Garments I have made (showcase your creations here!)

that's pretty impressive!

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Default Re: -----GARMENTS I HAVE MADE---- (showcase your creations here!)

Hi all,

Here's my first corset, with 8 flat steel bones and lots of grommets. I'm so proud of it I had to show it off. Even my lady loves it which is great news after years of trying to get her into latex, finally I think she may be coming round to the idea.

The construction wasn't as tough as I'd anticipated. In fact, I'm ready to start making my Elizabethan corset this weekend. I'm already looking forward to getting her laced in nice and tight!

I was thinking about making some for eBaying, if anyone here may be interested...?

L8x101
    Attached Images

MissBish

Your Corset is stunning, at least the bit I can see is definately stunning. Unfortunately, I have nothing to show yet, I have my first work in progress, but have been having glue problems. Whilst waiting for my Bostick to turn up, I have been using tyre puncture glue....not sure if its the rubbish glue or me putting too much on, but it is showing through as if the rubber has melted slightly (to the shiny side). You certainly seem to have things sussed - what glue are you using?

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi l8x101,

Great stuff! I agree with MissBish absolutely stunning. I wondered how long you've been making your own gear? A corset is something I hope to have a go at soon but I bet they're not the easiest thing to produce. Looks like lots of time and effort went into putting all those grommets in. How long would something like that take to produce?
    Once again ,excellent work!
    regards,
    Wired.

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Thanks guys,
    I take that as a real complement coming from you and your accomplishments, Wired.

I've been making stuff for about 3-4 months now. I've only made a few things, I started with briefs and bra, just to practice hemming and simple seams. Then a zip mini and zip top with buckle shoulder straps. The last thing I made before this was some chaps and applying 2 coats of Copydex to both sides of those 30" zips took most of time, believe me.

This corset took a couple of weeks, grabbing a few hours in the evening, with a young family it ain't easy. I thought it would be difficult but it wasn't really; certainly it has to be easier than all those long seams required for a catsuit. The actual cutting and joining only took about 3 hours, but I had to undo all seams to increase the allowance when the boning casing arrived and was wider than my seams. Without this inconvenience, it would have been a lot quicker. Putting in the grommets took about half an hour as I didn't have much time that day. I have to do all my banging before bed time!

I guess I've always had a bit of an eye for detail and have enjoyed precision work since I used to make Airfix kits as a kid - my girlfriend says this is right up my street and I think she may be right.

I guess in total it took about 12 hours but I expect it to be quicker next time.

It wouldn't have been possible without advice from people like you Wired, like lifting misplaced seams with a solvent-dipped brush, which on reflection seems obvious but hadn't occurred to me - so thanks again.

MissBish, thank you. I only use Bostik for joining and Copydex on fabric tape. The glue you're using doesn't sound too good. The Bostik is great, a bit time-consuming with all that low-tack masking tape but hang in there & you'll be fine.

L8x101
    Last edited by l8x101; 2005-Sep-30 at 15:07.

CA Ontario, Canada
    Region:
    near toronto

I must say that both of you works are very good, top notch. Although I am not a corset lover, your work seems to be exceptionaly good for a hobbyist, L8X. For Wired, your stockings are also exceptionaly good. This is where my interests are strongest. Anything that I can use to help me fabricate my outfits, especially catsuits. And I definately see how this can be incorporated into making some great custom catsuits or just some very nice leggings. keep up the great work and postings. I for one think this is a great place to find thoughts, paterns and things to work with. In2myrbr

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

wow!, thanks for all your kind comments .
    Its a real pleasure to help in any way I can. A lot of us have remarked that its the little hints and tips we pick up along the way that can make all the difference and I agree. Its possible to avoid many of the pitfalls associated with learning to make your own latex gear by shareing the techniques we all learn in the process .

Regards,
    Wired.

ZA - South Africa
    Region:
    Johannesburg

Well I am sitting here at my computor on one cheek,the other has a chunk of meat out. I finished my first catsuit yesterday and after chlouronating it was wll pleased with my efort but it looked a little small, but thinking I like it tight it should be fine, anyway tried to put it on using talc to help with the squeeze,got my legs in then the arms I now realized this is going to be fun to actualy pull up the zip, I contorted and twisted, trying to hold the zip together with one hand and pulling on the cord over my shoulder from the zip,I got it to my shoulder blades and the damb string broke and like a whiplash the sip closer shot down to my crotch taking a peace of meat with it, taking my breath away. So I have stored that one away and started a much bigger suit. The problem was that I had developed a perfect PVC pattern and thought it would be just rite for rubber, I now realize that allthough rubber stretches further it is harder to stretch,Before I chouronated it tried it on in the bath using liquid dishwasher all over my body and it sliped on like a dream nice and tight,never dreaming it would be so difficult dry, I can imagine if someone had taken a vidio of my attempt to put it on, it would be a scream. My next suit I spent the whole day tracing out a pattern from another suit of mine, adjusting the pattern to fitt better than the off the shelf suit I am using, I am developing my own teckniques as I go along, and the first suit taught me the shortfalls to watch out for, I bought @0 metres in the States when I was there and got .033 mm Should have bought .048mm it would have been easier to work with,the .033 curls up when you put your solvent glue on,and only staightens up when a little dry,I don't know if the thicker one works better,the glue is tyre repair stuff and maybe the solvent is too strong. Geese my bum is sore tonight so won't be able to sleep in my suit.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

As promised some pics of the latest. .20 latex short back zip catsuit, yum!

Jus need to make a hood and procure some matching gloves (thanks for the info everybody) and the TE jobs a good 'un. Dont think I'll be able to get a red gasmask tho, .

regards,
    Wired
    Attached Images