Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: -----GARMENTS I HAVE MADE---- (showcase your creations here!)

Dark

Default Re: Garments I have made (showcase your creations here!)

If you do your patterns in CAD, you can usually save the file as PDF and email it to anyone who can open the image in Acrobat. A grid overlay is useful for others to transpose the scaled down pattern up to full size.

For those with access to a wide format plotter the pattern can be plotted full size or even scaled up and down to accommodate smaller and larger sizes of the same proportion. This could work for a stoking for example.

Patterns for entire suits introduce so many variables that pattern adjustment may be pretty tricky. If you notice the M2M charts request as many as 20 or more measurements. So the permutations of what can be done with one suit pattern and 20 measurements is enoormous and may be why getting the fit right for a full suit is complex and error prone.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

Here's the pics of the 18/28 guage latex tights I made for 'sleeping ' in.
    Amazing stuff, feels very fragile compared to 31/38 guage and is more difficult to seam. But the feel is incredible, more elastic, so tighter garments can be made resulting in less creasing and more comfort. they only weigh 6 ounces compared to the 31/38 tights I have which weigh 12 ounces. I guess this stuff is not as durable and greater care is required when putting on and taking off and anyone with long nails needs to be real cagey when handling this guage of latex. There is an even lighter guage latex available from 4D - 15/18 - I wondered has anyone any experience of working with or wearing garments made from 15/18 guage? I can only imagine that you can barely feel it when its on.
    I've included some other pics of my recent creations - the stockings are destined for Ebay - the briefs I'm keeping and are great for wearing as daily underwear. I've purchased a bunch of new latex in various colours - the violet is really beautiful stuff and the white is also very nice, more a sort of creamy colour so expect to see regular updates on my adventures.
    Dont forget that 9 months ago I had never touched a piece of latex sheet or rotary cutter and now through the techniques I've learned here at IAR,well the sky's the limit. And I've got loads of groovy latex stuff to wear.
    You can do it too!

Regards,
    Wired.
    Attached Images

CA Alberta, Canada
    Region:
    Calgary

Bravo wired,
    a really nice example of latex work.
    SteveB / STEFFY :ca:

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

yes really nice legs wired....bet mine will show off my knobbly knees, ohhh and the latex is nice as well.

Dark

Awesome Wired!

Ironically, this afternoon my Kunzman ebay tights arrived. There was some communication problems. I assumed the material was .35mm standard weight trans gray. I asked them to make them thinner but black.

I received thinner... with a thick waistband but trans grey. I usually get L or XL but I ordered M and they are a perfect fit... and they feel as if you are almost wearing nothing from the "inside"... little compression. From the surface the feel the same as standard weight but they telegraph even my body hair which I cannot feel normally.

I suspect that these are very easy to wear for endurance purposes but they are not providing the same level of compression and "enclosure".

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne

Hi Wired,

I have been making garments in 15-18mm latex for three or four years now and really like the guage for many items. Mainly I bought it to make shirts for street wear and have made four in this guage - very difficult to work with. Two problems are the solvent based glues make the thin latex curl even more than thicker guages, and the backing tape I use seems to adhere too tightly to the latex and is difficult to remove. I have now got a system worked out but its still difficult. The feel of a 15/18 mm shirt is just out of this world.

I have also made five two piece cat suits in 15/18mm latex. They are terrific to wear in all situations, but I wear them most under latex jeans and shirt when I wear latex in public so that the outer garment does not stick to my skin in warm weather. Sometimes I wear them for sleeping but generally prefer pyjamas made in the next guage up. I have found that the thin latex is not difficult to wear and I have not noticed any tendancy to tear more readily, but the latex does wear, especially on the feet. For that reason all my cat suits have separate feet. I also have heavier duty feet which I put on when there is likely to be heavy wear - eg, if I am going out for the day in latex. Boots will wear through 15/18 mm feet in a few hours. I save my 15/18 mm feet for the bedroom.

All my cat suits have a big overlap of the top and bottom parts and it is impossible to tell that the two halves and the feet are not permanently attached. I consider that zipless catsuits are superior to those with zips [of which I have four and hardly wear anymore]. I can wear a two piece 15/18 mm catsuit all day and not have the bottom half drift down, even when I do a lot of walking. What I am saying is that the very thin latex fits so well that even without support the bottom half stays put.
    Don't be fooled by the thin latex. It does feel terrific and it is easier to get a better fit, especially for long term wear. However, if you make a 15/18 mm suit very tight, it can be just as uncomfortable as any other guage.

I agree that violet is a great colour - have made a shirt in this colour and in plum which is also good. I made a white shirt for myself and my wife in white [but not in 15/18]. They looked great for a while but quickly went a sort of cream colour and they are very hard to keep free of marks - not a colour I would recommend.

On the subject of patterns. I too have been struggling with passing on my knowledge and our leader asked me to prepare something on patterns some time ago. Like you Wired, I just can't translate the information, and it is not just my inability to use the right software. Even for street clothes, the standard patterns used by dressmakers eg Vogue, Butterick etc, often have to be tweaked or even substantially modified to get the right appearance. Latex just does't hang and drape like other fabrics. I haven't given up on the task, but can't see a light yet on how to pass on my methods.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

SteveB and Garlor - Thanks much!

Dark - Yes time to break out the hair removal mousse for sure - I sometimes develop small 'zits' or spots on my thighs and these showed up really well through the thin latex. It would be a weird and humurous 'look' if someone with really hairy legs were to wear these tights. And I agree with you that this guage is ideal for making garments destined for endurance scenarios and in the coming days I'm going to experiment with layers of thinner latex rather than the single skin I've become used to. I'm wondering what a couple of layers of this stuff will feel like when worn and I come to the conclusion it will be luverly! It will be great to wear under thicker latex.

Glaftex - Wow, the 15/18 must be almost like latex gossamer and I also favour the two piece suit ,I find them much more versatile and convenient eg answering the call of nature whilst out in the country without having to undoe a back zip!
    One trick for desticking masking tape prior to reinforcing the back of seams is to apply strips of tape along the leg of an old pair of denim jeans,when removed this sticks a small amount of 'fluff' to the tape allowing the tape to be easily removed once applied to the latex.
    I'm totally struck by the feel of 18/25 and I think I'm going to use this stuff all the time now for my own gear or at least the items that wont take a lot of heavy duty action.
    Glaftex wrote,
    I haven't given up on the task, but can't see a light yet on how to pass on my methods.
    I dont think you have any such problems my friend! The first catsuit I ever made (now about 7 months ago) and the one pictured in my profile was made using your pattern making guide and was defining moment for me as regards making my own gear. But you are right, most commercial patterns require at least a little experience of garment making in order to make them fit correctly.
    I've searched around for the original guide you posted for me - if you remember, the one about using the old jeans and t-shirt to make the basic catsuit pattern, but to no avail and I'm sure it would be really useful for people just starting out, do you have a copy? If so maybe you could post it up.

Thought I'd share a few more pics with ya!
    These are a pair of stockings with a back seam trim added. The trim is added when the stockings are still in their flat unmade state before the back seam is joined, glued about 5mm from the edge to centralise the black trim.I'm currently working on a pattern which will incorporate a heel and toe peice of contrasting colour for that real 'fifties' look.
    Hope you like,

Regards,
    Wired.
    Attached Images

Dark

I agree with everything Glaftex reports. Clearly wearing the "same" garment but made of different thickness will feel and perform very differently. Most of us are familiar with standard .35 material and that is our reference.

For many compression is the main deal and for that thicker enclosure suits... will provide more compression. They will chafe more... be harder to get the perfect wrinkle free fit, be more durable and be more of a challenge to wear over time... actually causing some muscle fatique.

Thin latex... is much more suited to loose clothing and still is a very sensual and pleasurable experience. It tends to behave more like cloth perhaps. Using Glaf's approach without zips and using thicker material for separate feet is the way to go for long term wearing and comfort or a TE enclosure suit. It's not the same experience... but it is a good one.

CA Alberta, Canada
    Region:
    Calgary

Love the pink / salmon stockings with the black trim ..STEFFY wants a set now!

Keep up the excellent work..... By the way did you tell us what the glue of choice is that you are useing?

SteveB / STEFFY

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

Thanks again for the kind comments Steffy, but if ya liked those you're gonna love these!
    I just finished making the pattern and prototype sock which now includes a contrasting heel piece and I cant wait to make up the full pair. The basic pattern for the stockings is used by most of the major company's and I've taken them a step further,and as far as I know there is still no-one in the UK who makes Stockings to this particular design ie; contrasting heel and toe. I just need to work out the toe piece and bob's yer aunty!

Oh by the way, I use Bostik 3851 latex adhesive thinned with 20% with Bostik 6009 cleaner/solvent. I only made an exception and used fabric glue for the Ultra light tights cuz I wanted to wear them real quick and I find that Fabric glued garments are wearable in just a couple of hours.

Rubbery Regards,
    Wired.
    Attached Images