Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Chlorination - Opinions and Testimonials.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Cairns

Default Re: Chlorination - Opinions and Testimonials.

Good show! Doing some home-werk works!
    Thanks, as I'm at that/this stage myself!
    Pete
    Smile! It's makes people wonder what you're up to!

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    houston, TX

I have never used the muriatic acid and bleach, I have been unable to find the acid in anything less than 5 gallon jugs. What I have done with good results is hot water (not scalding hot) and bleach. This is something you can do in your washing machine or in a tub. Fill with enough water to easily cover your latex, pour in a generous amount (1/4 to 1/2 gallon depending on amount of water) of bleach and put in the latex and let it soak for a 10 or 15 minutes. If in a tub, I place some bubble wrap to help keep the heat and chlorine in. I agitate it every few minutes and turn it inside out several times. Not being a chemist, I think what happens is hot water absorbs the chlorine from the bleach and then as it cools releases it back into solution where the latex absorbs it. I have not seen any damage but latex made with a water soluble glue could be a problem.

I have also used pool chlorine powder but bleach is the same chemical, already a liquid, easier to use, and cheap. This is a slower method than using acid but does not require and special safety precautions other than a little ventilation to keep your room from smelling of bleach.

I have used this on everything from molded products to full catsuits with no ill effects so far.

US Midwest Northern US
    Region:
    Michigan

I like the water and chlorine bleach idea. It is far less toxic to handle and dispose. Besides the vinegar or muratic acid, I have also heard of using hydrogen chloride. I'm not a chemist either. I believe it is hydrochloric acid. This can be found in most toilet bowl cleaners.

UK England (south western)
    Region:
    Cornwall

Hi Guys and Gals

Whatever method you go for, remember, "safety first, lovely slippery latex second. If you start throwing unknown chemicals together in a bucket or whatever, you're likely to release copious amount of noxious/poisonous gases. I had a classmate at school who spent a few days in hospital after gassing himself with Chlorine after mixing all sorts of household cleaners in a bucket, in an attempt to clean the bucket.

I have successfully chlorinated garments with the proven Hydrochloric Acid (brick cleaner) and bleach method, yes you do get Chlorine Gas emitted, but forewarned and with preparation this need not be a hazardous operation. As with all chemistry, know what you're doing and the likely outcome of any mixing and reaction. At first I too tried the vinegar and bleach method and was rewarded with reasonable success on moulded garments.

Take care

J

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Quote Originally spoken by Ataraxia View Post
    Note: if you don't want to deal with cholorinating garments yourself, you can have www.latexessence.com do it professionally for a reasonable fee.
    Quote Originally spoken by Garlor View Post
    It is a good result when done properly, I also confirm that Latex Essence does a good job ,the catsuit fits better after treatment, no grabby wrinkles.
    Thanks guys!

I would reiterate the comments on safety from the esteemed members above, safety first people. Chlorine can be unpredictable in the amount of gas produced, always wear a functioning respirator capable of dealing with inorganic/organic vapour and eye protection. Acid can burn skin easily so wear gloves too.

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

I have found a nice video called Talking about Latex made on 20th Oct this year. It's by a 47 year old lady, called Suzan Zibar I think, who's experiencing the joys of her Fantastic Rubber Catsuit because it's chlorinated. She says she couldn't get on with standard latex because she reacted to it. She also has a nice Fantastic Rubber corset and is clearly over the moon with the whole experience.
    Good for her I say.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne, Victoria

In case anyone was guessing Suzan's accent is Australian.

Great Vid. Lovely lady too.

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    MS

Hi ya folks! First post here. I wanted to say thanks. I recently bought my first rubber suit, the neck entry with hood from Fantastic Rubber. Great suit, at least it seems to me, as I said its my first. I went the lube, then powder route, and decied there had to be a better way. Found out about chlorination and the joy that is the internet brought me here. I have been lurking for awhile and reading as much as I could to learn how to do it myself. Today I did. WOW! what a difference. The socks and gloves are seperate from my suit, so I did them first. After I went back and did the suit. The suit is not near as shiny as before, but so much easier to get into, and feels great! This site has a wealth of knowldge, and thak you folks for sharing it. The only issue I have at all with my suit is my own damn fault. I ordered the suit made of the 0.6mm latex. Got to tell you getting out of the catsuit is hard work. I would think the thinner latex would be easier. Getting it started over the shoulder when taking it off is the hard part. I was thankfull my wife was there to help. lol.

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    houston, TX

Unexpected chlorination side effects.

I recently was able to find some acid and did the traditional chlorination, acid / bleach, on some of my latex. The results are amazing with the latex becoming almost too slippery and now a snap to put on. What I did not expect is how much easier it is to dry after washing. Before I would hang everything up, let the inside dry. Then carefully turn everything inside out to dry the outside.

Now, with the latex not sticking together, everything almost dries the first pass. Granted footed catsuits still require the switch to get the feet dry but everything else works out great!

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Good to hear Bodysuit, when all the right elements come together the results are great.