Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: .HOODS of rubber/latex (also see Masks OR Gasmasks)

Open in New Window
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Metropolitan DC

Default Re: hood with look through eye cover, mirrored lenses

Forgot to add pictures, the first is the uv3 sunshades and the second is the bugz swimming googles
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00444.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00445.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	455  

DE - Germany
    Region:
    Bavaria

I understand very well, that you want that your sub can see clear what happens. I also often prefer to see the submissives eyes to recognise its reactions. I want such a hood when I am dominant. I think it inreases the effect on the sub if it cannot see the doms eyes, but is able to see what the dom does.
    At the moment I think about getting such mirrored lenses in a curved form from a optician. Then it is just the question how to attache this glasses best to a latex hood.
    A while ago I took glasses from broken glacier goggles as the glasses could be removed from the glasses frame. The glasses fitted perfectly over the glasses of a gas mask.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne

Hi Gloveheel,

You might like to consider an alternative - perforated latex. Any catsuit manufacturer can punch a series of small holes in a circle [or other shape] over the eyes. Even a small number of holes about 2mm in diameter give excellent vision out, but it is impossible for anyone to see anything inside. Try it out with a piece of black paper and you will get a good idea what would work for you.
    Another advantage of the perforated eye covering is the lack of misting. I have both lens and perforations in different hoods, and generally I prefer the latter.

Glaftex

UK England (south western)
    Region:
    Bournemouth

Swimming goggles with darkened prescription lenses may be obtaned from vision3k.com with black surrounds and straps. These enable better vision for wearers of glasses, and may be fitted into suitable openings in a hood either permanently or removably.

The perforated holes are an interesting alternative and present a blank face with which a closed zipped mouth and just nose holes should have a look both dominant and weird. For people who definitely need glasses of course not satisfactory.

Blackie
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2005-Apr-12 at 14:00.

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Quote Originally spoken by Blackie
    The perforated holes are an interesting alternative and present a blank face with which a closed zipped mouth and just nose holes should have a look both dominant and weird. For people who definitely need glasses of course not satisfactory.

Blackie
    I found that the performated things are very uncomfortable to wear; something about the shape of my face puts the perforations into contact with the outer edge of the eyelids and eyelashes. This is very very uncomfortable and lasts for ages, sadly.

I had quite a bit of success with (plastic) swim goggles, shaving off the brackets that hold the straps and allowing a hood to hold the cups against the eye socket.

Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Default Re: Searching for hood

Quote Originally spoken by Blackie
    (16 Apr 05) I have trouble in finding moulded stretch open-face hoods for a big head. Suggestions welcome - don't say see a head-shrinker.
    from http://rubberist.net/forums/showthre...7284&#post7284
    "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Nietzche

gm_999

Default Hood - Zipped, Laced or Pull-On?

Hi everyone, this is my first timid post

I've recently converted my girlfriend to the delights of rubber (yay!) and we are about to order two hoods from DeMask. However, I have a couple of questions:

i) How does the choice of zipped, laced or pull-on rear affect the fit of the hood once it's done up? I'm assuming the laced option gives the best, tightest fit?

ii) Are DeMask hoods worth the money? They make a style that we both love but I've never ordered from them before...

Any help/feedback would be fantastic.

GM

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    count of los angelas

Default Re: Hood - Zipped, Laced or Pull-On?

laced hoods will give you the tightest fit, but the tightness is over the back of the head, while a pull on hood will tightly compress everywhere. Zippers can pull hair rather nastily, so i'd go with a thicker pull on hood for general ease of use. As for demask, never bought from them but have heard many good things about them, you should be fine.

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    SW Louisiana

Mmmmmmmm......hoods, yummy. All three styles have an advantage/disadvantage scenario, but may I suggest the zippered hoods from Polymorphe. My Mistress and I own 6 between the two of us...some with eyes, some without eyes, some with a mouth hole, and two total enclosure hoods. With the Polymorphe style, there is a large flap to prevent longer hair from getting caught in the zipper (my Mistress has shoulder length hair and the flap is a godsend for Her...she wears them quite often because of the comfort, too).

Also, the Polymorphe hoods are anatomical and fit virtually any size or shape of head...the guy who makes them is a GOD when it comes to making his latex designs. They are super-comfortable, too. The neck is long enough to tuck into a suit and snug enough to hug the neck without being tight. To top it off, it is a solid, one-piece mold and the quality is second to none. All in all, the best brand of hood I've ever worn....even better than Demask, Cocoon, and Libidex.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong,

RSD

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    Chattanooga

As far as Demask hoods. I ordered one from them last year, it is the one in my profile pic. They are expensie if you are in the states but mine is probably my favorite single piece of rubber wear. I think mine is well worth the cash. My 2 cents.

I got the zippered version. I don't have a laced hood yet, but I plan on picking one up soon to see if I like them.