Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

View Entire Thread: .HOODS of rubber/latex (also see Masks OR Gasmasks)

Open in New Window
    CA Ontario, Canada
    Region:
    Ottawa, Ontario

Default Re: I would like to buy a latex hood/mask

Quote Originally spoken by alphax View Post
    I'd advise against the snaps for attached blindfold and gag because they disrupt the smoothness of the hood. Snaps also tend to disrupt the feeling of the material against the skin even though they're so small.

I've got a nice expensive leather hood, and I regret getting attached snaps as you've described.

You can always get separate blindfolds and gags that are much better than what could possibly come with the hood.

My $0.02
    what about hoods with buckles instead of snaps for attachment points? I have a hood like that from [rdx]rubber55[/rdx], it's pretty nice.
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2008-Aug-14 at 14:12. Reason: added RDX tags

FI - Finland
    Region:
    Inside the borders

Default Re: .HOODS of rubber/latex (also see Masks OR Gasmasks)

This might be a stupid question but how are those hoods with no holes whatsoever on them actually (typically) used? Are they only worn for a brief moment of breathplay and then taken off, and that's it, or are there some other "use cases" for them?

You can't exactly breathe while wearing one, can you? (Or maybe with some additional tubing you could but that would probably better work with nostril holes for routing the tubes out of the hood...)

US Midwest Northern US
    Region:
    Bucyrus, Ohio

Quote Originally spoken by Sir Cresfire View Post
    This might be a stupid question but how are those hoods with no holes whatsoever on them actually (typically) used? Are they only worn for a brief moment of breathplay and then taken off, and that's it, or are there some other "use cases" for them?

You can't exactly breathe while wearing one, can you? (Or maybe with some additional tubing you could but that would probably better work with nostril holes for routing the tubes out of the hood...)
    Basically it's a hood that allows you to design any holes you want however you want them. Without actually having to put it together first. I tink................
    Feel the power, starve the squirrels, steal the acorns!!!!

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

If they're latex hoods then I believe they must have holes if they do not have a breathing apparatus attached. From my experience latex is not breathable and when tight forms a vacuum seal of sorts. Therefore it is not advisable to put one on without some way to breathe.

What one may not see in these fully enclosed hoods are small air holes for the nostrils and sometimes lots of small holes over the mouth area to facilitate breathing. The rebreather hoods also have a small hole in them as well to allow a bit of carbon dioxide out and a bit of oxygen in.

These hoods could be used for breathplay and for total enclosure I suspect. Proceed with caution though.
    Gia Gloveliczyk
    Flickr Pictures

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

not a stupid question at all. Some have smallish holes over the mouth; others are worn for maybe a minute, for those who do their breathplay with a partner watching. I've tried the small-aperture type and I have to say the whole idea is no use to me - I have to regulate my breathing to be happy with what I can get through a half-inch hole, and the regulation process makes me un-horny. But then, I do pant like a shire horse when on the short strokes, so I expect that's just me...

FI - Finland
    Region:
    Inside the borders

Just to clarify my question a bit: I'm referring specifically to latex hoods of the basic black variety, with no special features or attachments, which are marketed as having "no holes".

Such as the one on this page ("Product Code m109"):

http://www.latexclothing.co.uk/shopp...b/dept_10.html

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Suppose very brief breathplay is what one would do with it. Looking at the price, I assume it is a pull over type which can be a hassle to get on and off. Might ruin a bit of the fun by being such a hassle.

The only time I have worn one was in the process of making a hood, trying to mark out where eye and nostril holes. I had to take a deep breath, hold it, put the hood on, mark the points necessary and quickly take it off. Twas a trying experience and not that pleasant really. But then, I was alone and the fear of suffocating wasn't that nice.
    Gia Gloveliczyk
    Flickr Pictures

GB - United Kingdom
    Region:
    Taunton, Somerset

I agree about the hassle. The extra expense of having a zip or laces at the rear is well worth it.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Just to clarify my question a bit: I'm referring specifically to latex hoods of the basic black variety, with no special features or attachments, which are marketed as having "no holes".

Such as the one on this page ("Product Code m109"):

http://www.latexclothing.co.uk/shopp...b/dept_10.html

Even that hood has very small nostril holes, in fact I'm not sure that you can buy them without any holes at all. Usually for safety and liability issues.

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Quote Originally spoken by Gia Gloveliczyk View Post
    Suppose very brief breathplay is what one would do with it. Looking at the price, I assume it is a pull over type which can be a hassle to get on and off. Might ruin a bit of the fun by being such a hassle
    I have (I think, here bloody somewhere!) a Kunzmann hood which has no zip. It's very nicely made - Kunzmann are artisans, especially in thin latex: a bit of a case of great gear, shame about the photographer...

Anyway: it's a hell of a lot easier to take it off, than it is to put it on. Hook the thumb o your favoured hand under the hem directly below the centreline of the jaw, and lift up - one smooth move and it's off. Getting it on is annoying, because the first move to pull the neck-ring out makes it almost certain that the extended neck will tightly cover the mouth and nose. Very clearly rom my putting it on and off there is no doubt; that very thin sheet of rubber surely does cut off all the air and to me at least, it's a nasty sensation, which is why I tend to go through a yanking nd grabbing proces to line up the eye, nose & mouth-holes.

On the few occasions when I have actually felt like I was deprived of air, it only takes a single finger or thumb to lift the neck away from my mouth... but it's very much easier to handle than some zipped hoods, which are *harder* to get off when things go wrong - once hair's caught in the zip, any weight of latex heavier than 0.25 is very hard to stretch in an emergency removal.