Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

View Entire Thread: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

NO - Norway
    Region:
    Oslo

Default Re: Squeak, Squeak!

Quote Originally spoken by Wired View Post
    There is indeed a treatment for latex which inhibits noise, it's called Chlorination. It's just about the least noiseiest rubber I've ever come across.
    Yes, I know that chlorination seems to be the holy grail for all kind of problems with rubber wearing, but somehow I/we are reluctant to submit our expensive, beloved garments for this treatment. Especially if I have to do it all by myself. And with the all warnings, it sounds to be a pretty dangerous procedure too.

So, let me rephrase: I will highly welcome any useful suggestion for the curing the squeaking latex, but the chlorination.

L8X

SG - Singapore
    Region:
    Singapore

Default Re: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

I've been looking at coatings that can be used on latex recently. Using the same concept of 'patent leather' in which linseed oil lacquer is coated onto leather, is there also some kind of silicon coating or clear coating that we can use on our rubber latex clothings for that permanent, smear resistant, everlasting shine ?

I was thinking this may shed some new solution and relief to our problems on getting silicone polish all over the place where we sit or touch. I have read up there are acrylic coatings that are used on wood, metal etc which are for art work, unfortunately the msds has deemed it alittle hazardous so to speak. I'm quite sure presently we should be some sort of technology that can be applied here. Anyone have the same findings or curiousity ?

Here's some link for viewing.

http://krylon.com/main/product_templ...roduct_details

http://krylon.com/main/product_templ...roduct_details
    Latex from the sap is always Fresh

US Pacific Northwest US
    Region:
    San Francisco, CA

Default Re: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

I'm afraid that any sort of lacquer is brittle when dry. If you can find a lacquer that is latex safe to begin with, not to mention the nasty toxic solvents that are used to thin most lacquers.

A while back I was pondering why cured silicone sheeting isn't used to make shiny clothes. It's not quite as flexible as latex and it's expensive, but it's still pretty flexible and it does cure to a nice durable shine.

But back on topic. I could imagine some process similar to the way moulded latex is produced by dipping a latex garment into silicone with hardener mixed in and waiting for it to cure.

You'd lose the color of the latex because it would be under the silicone, so the rubbery smell would be gone too.
    On the other hand, if you could color the silicone with dye of the color you really want, that could result in a shiny garment with a durable shine.
    If you could do the process with silicone that's clear in color (something that I haven't seen), even better.

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    Georgia

While I'm all about getting that everlasting shine... I'd not be willing to lose the stretch and alluring aroma to achieve it. And certainly not willing to risk degrading the lovely latex itself! I'll stick to polishing to keep the properties I love.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne, Victoria

Well guys, I'm on the track for a new polish... (just been wading thru the thread here for the first time)

My can of EROS CULT shining spray finally ran out last weekend (ironically just before SINthetic... grr!)... So I went on the hunt again to try and find it... Finally said 'screw this' and emailed Pjur... Good lads, they got back to me pronto and said it was no longer made owing to the fact that they weren't satisfied with the spray technology.

Me? Personally, I didn't have a problem with it much. BEST thing I liked about it was the no screwing around attempting to get an even coat, or smooshing the polish around everywhere before it dried... Cos if you've got a steady hand (and I do- cos I use spraycan undercoat paint to base-coat my Battletech miniatures) you don't have a problem with the spray going everywhere, nor do you have a problem of an uneven coating.

So... Anyways, the guys at Pjur said the new stuff they have is the liquid form we all know about these days... in a bottle, that you have to mess around with.

I can still get the Pjur eros cult shining spray from LTVS24 but after paying AU$60-70 for shipping as a flat-rate cost (no matter what u bought) I decided if I just need to get the polish it's too costly... Like AU$100 per can in effect. That time I got gloves and goodies but the 'next' time I won't so it's not even worth bothering going there again.

Anyone got a suggestion for a decent shining, non-stick polish that is in a spray form? I was talking with Miss Slingshot yesterday and it seems we both want the same thing (a decent shiny non-stick spray polish) so we said if one hears something, tell the other... So please suggest something that you think we can use, which won't require me or Miss Slingshot to sell bodyparts to pay for shipping.

Ok, so just to go over that again: decent shine, non-stick, spray polish, no body-part sales required to pay for shipping... Perhaps if our Aussie guys have a suggestion of something local that works and meets the above criteria that might work? Cos the US, EU, UK, and AU markets are all different and we may not get the same stuff out here. BUT... do give me your opinion and I will see where it leads me...

Cheers guys
    Matt
    "If you're kinky and you know it, clap your hands!" HEY! I don't hear everyone clapping!
    Note: if unable to clap, please ask your Mistress/Master to do it for you (or spanking works too )

Proud Rubberpal supporter- visit my profile come say 'ello

US Pacific Northwest US
    Region:
    San Francisco, CA

Arkie, you might try looking for Aussie equivalents of the sprays mentioned in this thread:

Silicone Sprays

Particularly the one mentioned by Latrix67 near the end.

Carefully read the ingredients list on these things.

I can't particularly recommend silicone sprays containing Heptane or especially Hexane (very toxic!) because they also leave your latex tacky.

Cheers

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne, Victoria

ah... ok... so it's those 2 chemicals that can make your latex stick to itself/tacky? I will keep that in mind in my search. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

I will look thru that thread and see if I can find something.

Cheers mate
    Matt
    "If you're kinky and you know it, clap your hands!" HEY! I don't hear everyone clapping!
    Note: if unable to clap, please ask your Mistress/Master to do it for you (or spanking works too )

Proud Rubberpal supporter- visit my profile come say 'ello

HK - Hong Kong
    Region:
    Hong Kong

Re: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

Hi guys

I am new to here and I don't have much experience with latex clothing and I only have one latex catsuit in black so far. But I have ever used any polish to shine or any lubricants to help wear latex.

As my newly ordered catsuit which is measure-to-made (and also in black) will be arriving home soon within this week, I am quite urgent to buy a latex polish and lubricant for my new latex suit because it must be spoiling the pleasure in front of the new catsuit but without any polish and lubricant.

I have searched on google and browsed on forums about which brand of latex solutions should be of the best-value, but I see there are lots of different opinions and there is no easy answer to this question.

So I would like you guys to kindly comment on which brand of latex polishes/lubricants that is the best to buy, just because there are too many
    choices and too many differnet comments on the web about that, i really feel so hard to decide which one. Another worry is that I see somebody saying here that some kinds of latex polishes will damage the latex clothing although it will give an excellent shine. Of course I want to buy some polishes that will give my latex the best shiny appearence, but I just don't want it if it would damage my latex suit. So please suggest some polishes that won't damage my latex while it will give a good shining to it. But of course, the cost is also one of my concern , especially because I am in Asia so the shipping cost from European or America will be quite high.

By the way, I see that there are some people who sell those stuff claiming that their polishes can be used as lubricants as well, while some do not mention that. I would like to ask if "polish" and "lubricants" for latex is actually the same thing? and I would like to ask what is the difference between "silicone-based" and "water-based"??? Which "based" I should choose? Will the "water-based" lubricants be better to the human skin ? (because "water" seems to be more natural and simple )

Last edited by Betty LaBamba; 2008-Jul-03 at 19:54. Reason: resized text

HK - Hong Kong
    Region:
    Hong Kong

Re: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

One more questions I forgot to ask in my last reply is --- Actually how much polish/lubricant do I have to apply for EACH time when I want to shine my latex suit or help dressing my suit??? I see most lubricants is only about 250ml which I think it is too little (or I am wrong I don't know) Let's say for my case, my suit is a full covering latex catsuit with only breathing holes and eye openings. How much do I have to apply for each time of shining or to use as lubricants for dressing

I see some sellers saying that just a bottle of 250 ml latex polish would already last for a very long time... But approximately how many times can I use ?? Do they just mean a small glove with small area of latex?
    Last edited by Betty LaBamba; 2008-Jul-03 at 19:54. Reason: resized text

US Pacific Northwest US
    Region:
    San Francisco, CA

My advice: Stop using 18 point pink font.

My advice, part 2: Read the thread noting advice about selecting lubricants and polishes that won't harm your latex. Nobody can tell you what's right for you and your budget.

Then find and try products that are available locally, most commonly in automobile supply stores for polishes, pharmacists/druggists for talc, cornstarch, and water based lubricants.