Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

View Entire Thread: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    Kennesaw, Georgia

Default Food Grade Silicone for shining

I just purchased some bulk liquid food grade silicone. This in a 5 gallon container, way more than I wanted, but the price was not bad, $175 so I though I would try it. This seller does sell retail. I have provided the link at the end of this post should anyone be interested or want to know what to avoid.

I don't know what the food grade silicone sprays are like but I do not recommend what I have gotten. I was expecting a pure silicone. The food grade has some type thinning agents in it. I tried it on some scrap latex, it does not harm the latex at all and it does impart a slight shine to it. The problem is the thinning agents have a solvent type odor when applied but these disappear in an hour or so, not the greatest for spraying on a garment being worn. The shine I got was slight probably because I did not apply much to the latex and the coat of silicone left is extremely thin so I imagine several coats are required to get the latex very shiny.

https://weldwarehouse.com

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    San Diego, CA

Default Re: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

I've had excellent results with Deviant Slick silicone polish, put it on once and the shine seems to last forever. I got it from Stockroom www.stockroom.com for about $6 per 4 oz. spray bottle, but I know I've seen it other places as it seems to be fairly widely available.

On another note, I'd recommend against Black Beauty polish. While I was using it, I thought my latex must just be crappy, I could never get a good shine and what shine I got didn't last long. Turned out to be a crappy polish.

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Default Re: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

Quote Originally spoken by surfersd View Post
    On another note, I'd recommend against Black Beauty polish. While I was using it, I thought my latex must just be crappy, I could never get a good shine and what shine I got didn't last long. Turned out to be a crappy polish.
    My experiments suggest that mixing - going from something silicone-based to other alternatives - can produce awful results. the two substances combine into a sticky gloop which quickly collects any household dust or lurking airborne talc, leading you to think that you have lost the surface of your gear.

If I am considering changing polish these days, I give the item a prolonged deep clean with water too hot to touch, to lift off any stuck-down polish deposits before starting again; this creates a "level playing field" for comparison...

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    Dallas

Default Re: Loss of Shine

Quote Originally spoken by Steffy View Post
    Once the glossy surface has been worn off of the latex no amount of any type of polish or product will restore the surface ....it will always remain matt or dull. By doing as you mention you can make it look shiney again for a short period until the product rubs off leaving the dull area dull again.

Sorry jota3cl, that's the way it is...wish it wasn't.
    STEFFY :ca:
    Steffy,

how does the surface get onto the rubber? Is it a "grinding" process like similiar to how flexable contact lens are "surfaced". Or does it have to do with when the rubber is first created in a sheet?

rubber101

BE - Belgium
    Region:
    Vlaams-Brabant

After reading trough this whole thread I am wondering which specific product of Micro Chemicals is meant with: "the blue-green polish made by Micro Chemicals"

It is being mentioned several times but there is no reference to the specific product or how to get it... Browsing the web for Micro Chemical gets me a website with all sorts of fuids for photography

I would like to try this stuff for polishing since it seems this will not leave a tacky residue as with the silicone.

I know from experience that silicone gives a nice shine but I would like to try something less messy.

Thanks for your help,
    [R]ocky
    Cheers!

[R]ocky

MissFuzzyBunny

Quote Originally spoken by surfersd View Post
    I've had excellent results with Deviant Slick silicone polish, put it on once and the shine seems to last forever. I got it from Stockroom www.stockroom.com for about $6 per 4 oz. spray bottle, but I know I've seen it other places as it seems to be fairly widely available.

I agree, Black Beauty has never done it for me.

What I recently discovered, which gives excellent results, is to apply the thinnest silicone or Eros Cult Spray onto a fine sponge and polish the latex with it. It gives a uniform shine and uses very little silicone and is much less messy. I'm thinking of finding some cosmetic sponges to try, since they're even finer.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Quote Originally spoken by [R]ocky View Post
    After reading trough this whole thread I am wondering which specific product of Micro Chemicals is meant with: "the blue-green polish made by Micro Chemicals"

It is being mentioned several times but there is no reference to the specific product or how to get it... Browsing the web for Micro Chemical gets me a website with all sorts of fuids for photography

I would like to try this stuff for polishing since it seems this will not leave a tacky residue as with the silicone.

I know from experience that silicone gives a nice shine but I would like to try something less messy.

Thanks for your help,
    [R]ocky

Hi |R|ocky,

I'm not sure that they have a website but here's their snailmail address,

Micro Chemical Products.
    24a Grove Road,
    London, SW13 0HH.
    Tel. 0208 876 7775,
    Fax. 0208 878 8915.

As far as I'm aware, but I'd welcome input here from anyone who knows different, it's pretty much the generic blue polish sold by many latex clothing companies usually under their own brand name. I think you can save lots of money by buying the 5 litre bottles direct from them though.

I prefer it to other polishes as remarked its easy to remove (so it wont bugger up repairs like silicone) and doesent make the latex sticky, granted it doesent produce a gloss shine more a silk sheen effect but the above reasons make this easy to live with.

NO - Norway
    Region:
    Oslo

Default Squeak, Squeak!

Quote Originally spoken by Wired View Post
    I prefer it to other polishes as remarked its easy to remove (so it wont bugger up repairs like silicone) and doesent make the latex sticky, granted it doesent produce a gloss shine more a silk sheen effect but the above reasons make this easy to live with.
    The blue polish is OK, but after only short time it tends to make the surface very dry, sticky to touch, non-slipery and garments very squeaky even from the smallest movement. That's very embarassing when you like to wear your stuff out in public.

From Xarina in Amsterdam I have few times purchased a similarly looking product, but in white creamy colour which I find better than the blue one. It seems to provide more soft surface and the squeaking occures later than with the blue polish.

In fact, I would be very grateful if somebody could come up with a proposal for a polish or treatment that does not make our garments noisy. I still wonder what is it on the rubber when the items are new, that outer surface is soft, non sticky, non squeaky and has nice moderate shine.

L8X

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Re: Squeak, Squeak!

Quote Originally spoken by L8X View Post
    The blue polish is OK, but after only short time it tends to make the surface very dry, sticky to touch, non-slipery and garments very squeaky even from the smallest movement. That's very embarassing when you like to wear your stuff out in public.

From Xarina in Amsterdam I have few times purchased a similarly looking product, but in white creamy colour which I find better than the blue one. It seems to provide more soft surface and the squeaking occures later than with the blue polish.

In fact, I would be very grateful if somebody could come up with a proposal for a polish or treatment that does not make our garments noisy. I still wonder what is it on the rubber when the items are new, that outer surface is soft, non sticky, non squeaky and has nice moderate shine.

L8X
    There is indeed a treatment for latex which inhibits noise, it's called Chlorination. It's just about the least noiseiest rubber I've ever come across.

BE - Belgium
    Region:
    Vlaams-Brabant

THX Wired,

a couple of more questions (if you don't mind)
    - do you happen to know if they are willing to ship to Belgium?
    - I guess I should ask for the 'PVC/rubber polish' or should I just call it the latex fetish garment polish?

Squeeking latex.... Hmm...
    Cheers!

[R]ocky