Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

Region:
    Toledo

Default Re: Getting a good shine

I seem to have run into a problem with the Knees of my stocking no longer wanting to take a shine using Armorall.

It was fun having the dress for Southern Comfort lots of compliments and folks wanting to "feel".
    Sandra
    Last edited by Sandi; 2005-Jan-17 at 01:42.

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Hertfordshire

Re: Getting a good shine

How often should you polish your latex? does polishing keep it in better condition? I've never polished mine, and I'm worried if I dont it wont last as long! Can you recommend a good polish for a cocoon inflatable catsuit? Preferably a cheap polish that will protect it.

Cheers

HK

Dark

Polish or perish?

Since you need some sort of lube get the tight stuff on... if you use talc... it will inevitably make its way to the surface. This kinds of makes the normal shiny surface go dull and in an uneven way... emphasizing the seams. Polishing will make the surface look more uniform, hide the seams.

But polishing tend to be the road you go down... you can't come back... well it's work getting back again. Removing the residual polish can be work because it tends to really sticky... and that can become sticky. Sticky attracts dust.. so you see what you are up against.

Polishes make the surface not only shiny but super slick.. and when applied generously some can "rub off" when it contacts other materials. So consider this when slipping on a coat or some other garment.

And speaking of slipping, be careful not to accidentally apply the silicon to the floor because you will find your floors as slippery as ice to walk on.

Polishes are a must for snappy epics. Most photographers are using some form of silicone. And they can get to all the places you can't reach. Polishing for couples is definitely part of the fun.

Silicone polishes offer some level of protection and maybe even UV protection if you are going into the sun a lot.

Seems to me that when you are flying solo.. polishing may be more trouble than it's worth. But you can't be seen without it... and it's expensive too.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

I polish all my latex gear,suits,hoods,gloves,tights and even my gasmasks usually before I gear up. Only on the outside though. I use ,as Gord points out, the milky blue polish available from Cocoon. I believe it's water based with the addition of natural waxes. I've experienced the tacky, dust gathering effects caused by using Silicone based polishes as described by Dark and I much prefer the not so glossy but very smoooooth feeling provided by the Cocoon polish. It makes any dust or other detritus that may land on the surface removable by a quick blow of air or a dry cloth. The polish is applied with a damp cloth,allowed to dry and then gently buffed with a dry, lint free cloth. Once dried and buffed the effect is one of almost frictionless feeling, very sensous to the touch and your legs wont stick together if you cross them . I think it's the same liquid that's available in larger quantities from,

Micro Chemical Products
    Tel. 0208 876 7775,
    Fax. 0208 878 8915.
    Their postal address is -
    24a Grove Road,
    London, SW13 0HH.

although I would appreciate confirmation about this from more informed members.

I dont think leaving your gear unpolished will harm it, I suppose it's just a question of personal preference or aesthetics.

Regards,
    Wired.

Region:
    Hertfordshire

I think in the new year I'll be investing ?5 in some of the cocoon polish, I like the sound of it! I wouldn't order it off the cocoon site though, it seems to want to charge me ?8 for postage!

Cheers guys...

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi HoagieKat

Postage to the UK is only a quid for the bottle of polish see below.

Price ?5 per 250ml bottle Order Now
    Postage ?1 UK, ?2 Europe, ?3 Overseas.
    When sent with clothing order no postage is needed as this will be included with your order.
    from cocoon1.com

hth
    Wired.

Region:
    Hertfordshire

Quote Originally spoken by wired
    Hi HoagieKat

Postage to the UK is only a quid for the bottle of polish see below.

from cocoon1.com

hth
    Wired.
    Unfortunately if you try to use the online ordering system it gets "confused" and tries to charge you ?8 postage, best idea is to phone I think!

HK

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne

Hi All,

I have been using Micro Chemicals PVC/Latex dressing for about 10 years [same as Cocoon I think] and am very happy. I used to use Silicone polishes but not since I purchased my latex from 4D - they recommended Micro chemicals [ not sure if they still do - you would need to get their technical data sheets to see].

I consider Silicone polishes to be quite an inferior way to get a shine, and I endorse Wired's comments. I even went to the trouble of importing 5 litres of Micro Chemical's dressing to Australia - postage was about three times the cost of the dressing, but even then it was cheaper than an equivalent amount of locally available Silicone polish such as Armourall.

Glaftex

CA Alberta, Canada
    Region:
    Calgary

Hi,
    there seems to be SO much contradictory information around comcerning polishes, lubes and long term effects on latex and their effectiveness......

What I would like to see would be some sort of consumer report, ratings, with warnings about what to avoid and why. Perhaps the list of engredients to avoid (A latex death list of chemicals to avoid like the plague).

I'm still haveing trouble trying to make sense of all this !!

SteveB / STEFFY

Dark

SteveB/STEFFY,

I have been discussing this EXACT concept with Ataraxia. I propose that the IAR undertake two series of "Consumer Reports" type tests comparing a range of Lubes and Polishes.

We need to assemble the products for testing. as well as a protocol for the tests and some sort of way to "measure" the results... in addition to subjective comments.

Anyone interesting in participating or contributing to this endeavor contact me or Ataraxia with your comments, suggestions, and how and what you can do.

We'll try to do something for 05... Stay tuned