Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

View Entire Thread: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

Musicfreak

Re: Getting a good shine

I use from No Touch premium tire care, its high gloss and gives also uv/ozon protection.
    8 months ago i did spray a pice of latex just for a test with it, and i forgot it actualy, but last week i did take it out and it was still dripping from the spay (did put a lot on it) no glue was damaged and no wire was broke down. So i think it could be good stuff. But i think others should test it also!!
    Price is around 6 euro a 500ml (455gram)

Region:
    Toledo

Default Re: Getting a good shine

I agree with Dark that a test done with a proper procedure be done. One problem is that some results do not show up for a long time i.e. I used 401 protectant on the neck seals of a dry suit, it turned to rubber goo after a couple of years. You will need to include "experience with" sorts of information as well as test data. You will also need to include MSDS manufacture safty data sheets information. I found some of the lubricants and polishes are rather toxic and you probably do not want them thouching your skin.

Nicci Tite

Hi all!,
    I used to use euros (expensive) most of the time but used to wistfully look at the shine achieved in Marquis & Skin Two & unhappy that my shine was never as good. One day whilst looking over the -Simon O- site i read that they have been using armoral (original) for 10 years plus with no problems (apparently not toxic to skin but not good to eat! so no licking) I tried some & WOW there was the shine i had been looking for!!! & its also cheap. Now all my gear has an amazing shine.
    If you have anout fit that your slave will be licking perhaps dont use Armoral but for your fashion items yes!!
    On the inside I use talc for storage & euros glide for transparent & also to aid in dressing.
    cya!!

CA Alberta, Canada
    Region:
    Calgary

This revelation is very intersting Nicci, as I was given to understand that Amor All had petroleum distilates in it, so I avoided it like the plague. Getting hard facts about the track record of a product's effects on rubber are hard to come by and this is great to hear.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention

Rubber Hugs,
    STEFFY :ca:

Latex-Larry

To get a good shine on my coverall catsuit and my elbow length gloves I use STP Son-of-Gun it produces a real good shine and also protects the latex / rubber

Region:
    Toledo

STP if I remember correctly does contain petroleum distillates. Armorall is silicone and no petroleum I checked the MSDS sheets and that checking is some place on this web site J.

The MSDS for STP pointed out that you do NOT want it in contact with your skin long term.

US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Washington DC Metro Area

STP Son of a Gun (SOAG) does not have petroleum products

The MSDS does not list petroleum distillates in it's mixture.

I think people are starting to confuse STP SOAG with Armorall.

Prease remember Armorall is the product that contains petroleum distillates.

I suggest looking up the MSDS data to verify claims before issuing conflicting statements.
    SLYX

Nicci Tite

Ive checked the Armorall MSDS & it is basically a silicone emulsion & is mostly water, no mention of petroleum distillates at all & if they were present they would separate over time & I have found no evidence of this. I have also emailed Armorall to find out so I will let everyone know when i get a reply. heres to wicked shining!

latexxs

I used to use son of a gun but never achieved high gloss which was desired, found a similar product called BLACK GOLD which a stronger blend of silicon polymers and gets great results.

Region:
    Toledo

I do not see distilates listed for Armorall http://www.herc.org/library/msds/armorall1.htm

I do see 2-Butoxyethanol for STP the synonyms for it are Butoxyethanol; Butyl cellosolve; Ethanol, 2-butoxy-; Ethylene glycol mono-n-butyl ether; Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether; Monobutyl ethylene glycol ether; n-Butoxyethanol
    which does have some health concers.