Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

View Entire Thread: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

SG - Singapore
    Region:
    Singapore

Default Re: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

Hi people,

It has come to my understanding that the surface of the rubber or should i say the quality of rubber plays a huge part in getting that deep, black glossy shine. I noticed that i polished 1 coat of polish onto my polymorphe mask, the effect is great. The surface of the hood is already very smooth and no sign of rough surfaces.

Next i did it on my catsuit which i bought over ebay, i noticed after the polish has dried up the shine is reduced and turn a little gray. I applied another few coats but it still can't seems to achieve the same gloss as my mask. The surface of the catsuit is less smooth, so i assume the surface or quality of the rubber plays a huge part in polishing process.

I recently used j-lube to don my catsuit, i have to say it works wonders and great. But I don't know if i used too much, it was coming out from my crotch zip and legs which is similiar to DWS. Anybody have same experiences as me ? What should I do ? By the way, my zips do no have a layer of protectant rubber that's why i have to shave my hair and wear a shealth..ouch.
    Latex from the sap is always Fresh

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    California

Default Re: POLISHES in General (Start separate threads for specific brand names)

Found some new stuff at the auto supply called Turtle Wax ICE Synthetic Spray Detailer. Usable on the entire car, but specifically says it's OK on rubber and vinyl. "Unique synthetic polymer formula" and no mention of petroleum. Tried it on a small latex skirt and it seems to work very well.

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Hertfordshire

Has anyone used 303 Aerospace Protectant on their rubber clothing? I'm thinking of getting some for my car to protect the vinyl and rubber on that, and I want to see if it has a double use!

It seems pretty cheap for how much you get.

Click Here
    Last edited by RubberKat; 2006-Jun-03 at 17:18.
    Perhaps "llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysili ogogogoch" wasn't the best safe word in the world.

zoonie

I use armor all protectant in a trigger spray bottle its good stuff gives me just the shine i want too. Its a lot better than aerosol sprays cos it doesnt go over everything in the house at the touch of the trigger it just goes where i want it and i get great results too

Region:
    Toledo

Quote Originally spoken by RubberKat View Post
    Has anyone used 303 Aerospace Protectant on their rubber clothing? I'm thinking of getting some for my car to protect the vinyl and rubber on that, and I want to see if it has a double use!

It seems pretty cheap for how much you get.

Click Here
    I used it on the seals of a dry suit and it turned the rubber to goo, when used on the door seals on the car it had a similar problem and some of the rubber would come off on the glass.

SG - Singapore
    Region:
    Singapore

Anyone know of any polishes that can be used without harm to the body ? Currently, i'm using eros pjur to polish my gears. On my hood too, but it's unavoidable to get some into your mouth during smooching. I have been reading the posts for some time, can i say that water based polishes give low gloss shine but can be edible ? Silicone polishes gives a good shine but should not be ingested.

I am having a dilemma in using which polishes for my gears. Recently, i have purchased some silicone toys for extra fun but on hand i only have eros and jlube. I know silicone is no no to the toys therefore i need a water based polish that can be used as a lube and also polishing. Anyone can help here ???
    Latex from the sap is always Fresh

Region:
    Toledo

Why not silicone? If there are no petrolatum distillates it is safe for skin. look for an MSDS sheet for hazards. Armorall is safe but not necessarily the best lube.

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    NYC

Quote Originally spoken by Gord View Post
    You can buy 'food-grade silicone' - not sure what the food industry uses it for - but that's not our quest. I've seen it referred to on this site, but can't find it right now.

Anyway, I've put a (regular) siliconed rubbery finger in my mouth before now, and think I've still got a few sandwiches in the picnick basket

That's a good question. I just imagined the line workers in their white coats and hair nets wearing catsuits underneath, lubing each other up with the silicon spray during lunch break.

A quick google search brought up this page:

A heat stable, non-staining, pure, dry silicone film that lubricates moving parts in food processing and packaging plants. Holds an H-1 U.S.D.A authorization rating which allows for incidental food contact on tables, conveyors, heat sealing and slicing equipment. Dry silicone formula prevents jamming and production slowdown on bottling and packaging lines. Can also be used on ovens and hoods to help from sticking and prolong time between cleanings.

Used By: Meat and poultry plants, packaging plants, container molding operations, industrial plants, printing trade, bottling plants.
    Some websites look like you have to have a corporate account and buy a whole lot but I found these sites where you can buy by the can:

http://www.sausage-stuffer.com/W3142...ccessories.htm
    http://www.stpats.com/Lubricants.htm
    I alone am in a state of insurrection.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    AU

Quote Originally spoken by Gord View Post
    That's a hoot Betty - what mental images you have sparked-off there!
    Yeah, if they end up using those I chose the wrong industry. Get me on that factory production line.

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    here

I can't help but notice that one of the site catagories that Betty linked was called "Sausage Stuffers," I wonder if they ever thought about other possible uses for their products or if I am just that sick to notice.