Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Cleaning and Washing Latex

Hybrid View

dutchbloke2005

Default Cleaning and Washing Latex

after wearing i always for years used to put my latex in the tube with just clean water, and after soaking it let i dry for over 24 hrs inside and out.
    and i was perfectly happy with that, but maybe i am too easy. i am hesitating now if its all i have to do.

nowadays its the clorinating trick submerging suddenly. (never heard of it before it was up here) irs it only to prevent sounds and static?

is it really necessary to clean and desinfect the latex ? , i could imagine if ones wears mask for longtime then it s better if masks are worn by diff people. not in my case though.

some say they use mild soaps, how can i recognise a mild soap , what should the label say. does it desinfect that way just by using soap , or do i have to use a diff product.

i recently found out about the oil and latex bit, since i had no lube i used ababy oil while putting on a pants with sheat . no probl there only afterwards it showed strange effects form and thicknes were clearly damaged.

thanks for your advice

dutchbloke

Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Default Re: cleaning and desinfecting recommended??

Bloke-

It's probably a good idea to disenfect your rubber at least now and then.

For many years I have kept a plastic pail and a small bottle of household chlorine bleach in my shower. I use this to disenfect my garments about once every 3-4 times I wear them. (sometme more often if needed.)

As I shower I let the pail fill up with the run-off water. Then I put 2 capfuls of the bleach into the water along with my garments and let them soak for a few minutes while occasionally agitating them in the bucket. Even after rinsing well they have a strong chlorine smell, but that goes away in a few hours after I have hung them to dry.

Note that this is NOT the "chlorination" process mentioned elsewhere. My purpose is only to disenfect my garments.

However, I did this to an old catsuit for years and found that, after a while, I no longer needed to powder it. I think each time I disenfected it, I must have also very gradually "chlorinated" it a tiny bit each time.
    Want to go deeper? Explore RubberNaut.com

Rubberdino is offline Special Assistant to Ataraxia
    US Midwest Northern US
    Region:
    Michigan

I try to disinfect my latex after a good washing. That way I not only remove the body oils deposited, but any hungry little microbes that love to give me urinary infections. From time to time, as a change up to the bleach, I use rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) on a cloth. The little buggers have a tendency to build a resistance to the same disinfectant over time. I have thought about trying something like Lysol disinfectant but I'm not sure how the latex would react to the active ingredient (phenol). I'll let you know what happens if/when I do.
    I'd rather be different than be the same!!!

UK Scotland
    Region:
    central

Quote Originally spoken by Rubberdino
    I have thought about trying something like Lysol disinfectant but I'm not sure how the latex would react to the active ingredient (phenol). I'll let you know what happens if/when I do.
    Don't use Lysol , phenol is one of the nasty chemical , avoid it at all cost . There should not be may microbes resistant to bleach .

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Gosport, UK

If I've understood your post right - Chlorinating is a once-only treatment that removes the need to use talc / lubes, and is highly recommended. Full info on what chlorinating is and what it does is here: http://www.rubberist.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=277

As for washing, I've heard that antibacterial dish washing liquid is a good thing, I wash my rubber in the washing machine with just a squirt or two of anti-bac liquid.

Rubb is offline IAR Ass't Webmstr & Technical Director Postacrat 400+
    LV - Latvia
    Region:
    Ventspils

Default Re: Rubber Road

I always said - rubber is one very practical substance! Imagine clothing which you just have to rinse in water and dry! No washing machines, no any chemical agents to help with that... Ecology will be winner!

Evrybody, go rubber

Region:
    Gosport, UK

I thought you at least had to use a little bit of soap on rubber clothing to get rid of acidic sweat type deposits?

As for no washing machines - no way! Washing rubber is so much easier in the washing machine.

Rubb is offline IAR Ass't Webmstr & Technical Director Postacrat 400+
    LV - Latvia
    Region:
    Ventspils

Jin,
    there is instruction wich is being attached to latex stuff made buy one very well know Latex Fashion Designer:
    Washing: Wash your garment in clean, warm water, with no soap or detergents. Wipe with a soft towel and lay the garment flat to dry.

Region:
    Gosport, UK

Hmmm, I wash mine in the machine on 30 degrees with a squirt of anti-bacterial washing up liquid (I read somewhere on here that this is a good thing) but then I'm lazy

All my gear is cheap moulded stuff from Denber but it doesn't seem to have suffered in the two years I've had most of it. Being cheap gear perhaps I'm more inclined to experiment with it to see what it will stand up to. If I had an expensive catsuit or such like I may be a bit more hesitant. Actually, naah I wouldn't

Electrojim is offline Minister of Silliness Postacrat 1000+
    AU - Australia
    Region:
    Tasmania

I think it would be wise to follow a manufacturer's instructions.I'm sure that they know best what is best for their products.
    This label, or one just like it, appears on every garment from my Malaysian supplier.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stamp1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	1038  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast