Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..

View Poll Results: Would you buy from WeatherVain.com again?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 90.00%
  • No

4 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

View Entire Thread: RDX: _WeatherVain.com

Open in New Window
    UK England (south western)
    Region:
    Bristol

Default RDX: _WeatherVain.com

_141 _RGM _MRG _rain _rainwear _Quality _Rubber _Lined _Clothing. _Mackintoshes, _Capes, _Caftans, _Pants
    Quality Rubber Lined And Latex/Rubber Clothing. Mackintoshes, Capes, Caftans, Pants...
    283 Sandycombe Road ? Kew Gardens ? _Surrey ? TW9 3LU ? UNITED KINGDOM ? Phone & Fax ? 0208 940 0156

===============================================
    i am surprised there is no Rubberdex entry for them.

I visited them at least 15 years ago, but they seem to still struggling along with a 9150's design website.

Weathervain.com

Someone is parked on weathervain.co.uk.

Honestly, an INSECURE form you fill in with credit card details. Come to think of it, they might not still be in business as the form doesn't ask for the 3-digit CVV code.

Anyone know if they are still going?
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2005-Dec-04 at 00:27.

Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Default Listing in RubberDex for Weathervain

There is a lisiting in the RubberDex for WeatherVain here: [rdx]141[/rdx].

There had not been a conversation thread created for it, however. Your posting creates it.

If you cannot find a listing for a particular resource in the RubberDex, please feel to create one. That's the whole idea...
    Want to go deeper? Explore RubberNaut.com

rubbot64

Default Re: Weathervain

Hi,
    Yes, Weathervain are still going in Sandycombe Road , Kew.
    I popped in a few weeks ago, which was the first time in a while, and the shop is a bit smaller than it used to be, plus the range didn't seem as varied.
    Whether (Weather!) they are refurbishing, or had a change of owners i don't know, and I agree the website hasn't changed for ages.
    but they are still trading, and that's the main thing :-)
    R

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Re: RDX: _WeatherVain.com

_Weathervain also stock latex and other _fabrics including rubberised _satin, _cotton and _plastics by the _metre _yardage, worth considering if your making something a like a _mackintosh or similiar garment.
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2005-Dec-09 at 16:58.

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

Be careful Wired there seems to be a lot of arrows round you at the moment best send for the cavalry.

>>>>>>>>>>

ouch those hurt

Rubber_Dub

How many members on IAR? Has anyone warned WhetherVain of the damage they've done to themselves? Do they realise they're still subject to the trades description act and if it's (quote) "Not fit for the purpose for which it was sold" they are obliged to do something about it? Or are they thinking no one will take them to court because they'd be too embarrassed?

Rubberwalker

Hi,

Weathervain do seem to be still in business! I looked at their site today and it has actually been updated a bit! They are a good supplier for rubber macks. In fact they have even updated the photos of their macks and used a (very nice looking) young lady to model their coats.

Seasons greetings to all,

Rubbberwalker

rubbersheep

Hi Ruberubber
    You are allowed to post negative comments about a supplier ONLY if they are NOT a sponser of IAR

But having just read Atx's policy statement I will delete the offending material before he deletes me.

US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Maryland

I have just sent an order to WeatherVain for several items made from the Malaysian rubber that they have recently added to theit web site. I will post my thoughts on them when the sale is completed.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

I won't vote on this because I'm undecided. I prefer, whenever possible, to go in person to buy my rubber. Mail order can be risky and I'd never buy from a'sex shop'.
    I've been to Weathervain a few times and bought garments from them. All have now been binned - not their fault, I just made bad choices. The showroom was always well stocked, around a thousand items on display, but there is no change room. I think that, for many items it would be crazy to buy without trying on first, not only for size and fit but also to get the feel of the garment and the type of rubber it's made of.
    I'm lucky because Kastley are close by and June makes a lot of great stuff for me. The workshop and the (minute) showroom are all together so you can examine the rolls of latex available, feel it, smell it etc. I'm very picky about latex, there is such a variety of texture and aroma that much of it I wouldn't want to wear. Then we do measurments, examine brochures to get the style exactly right - just like buying a suit from a tailor.
    There are few 'off the peg' items (about 50 usually) but you have the 'showroom' to yourself and are invited to try on anything you like - 'Just close the door, luv and nobody'll disturb you'. All very friendly and warm hearted.
    So the answer to the question is -I might buy from Weathervain again, but only if it was something, say a mackintosh, that Kastleys couldn't do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast