Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..

View Poll Results: My preference for Gasmasks is

Voters
1677. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dislike very much

90 5.37%
  • Dislike

71 4.23%
  • Neutral

166 9.90%

328 19.56%
  • Like very much

1,022 60.94%
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: .GAS MASKS, Respirators or Rebreathers

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Default Rebreathing bags

Hi

I already have a few rebreathing rubber bags in different sizes but need to buy some new ones with the screw for tubing attachments already in place. I don't want to go to Demask or other high end designers but prefer to buy from source. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mistress Annabel :uk:
    Come Feel the Quiet Storm!

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Default Re: Rebreathing bags

Quote Originally spoken by Mistress Annabel Sadistra
    Hi

I already have a few rebreathing rubber bags in different sizes but need to buy some new ones with the screw for tubing attachments already in place. I don't want to go to Demask or other high end designers but prefer to buy from source. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mistress Annabel :uk:
    Regulation[rdx]123[/rdx] up at Islington green have rebreather kit.
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2005-May-09 at 11:09.

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Tring, Herts, UK

I have bought breathing equipment from Mediquip (http://www.mediquip.co.uk/). A greater range of parts including 30mm to 22 mm adaptors are available from http://www.bluehorizonmedicalsupplies.btinternet.co.uk/ but I havn't tried them.

To fit standard rebreather bags to standard Gasmask connectors is a problem as the rebreathers will have a 22mm neck while gasmask hose is 30mm. It might be possible to stretch the rebreather bag, but quite difficult.

Tonyp

Region:
    SW Chicage area,IL

You could go to Ebay. Then go to the Germany Ebay site at the bottom of the front page. http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW
    Enjoy
    Jo:us:

krote_koker

Default experience with closed inner mouthpiece?

does anyone have experiences wit the closed inner moutpiece as produced by Rubbersfinest[rdx]6782[/rdx] . or Studio Gum[rdx]17[/rdx]. How does it feel wearing the piece, can you wear it for a longer period?is it flexible, can you move the mouth or is it fixed in this position like shown on the pics.i am asking because i dont know weather i am gonna let it fixed in a new mask i am considering to order

thanks

krote

sorry there s no pic, i cant get it loaded into this message, can anyone axplain it to me how it works adding pics?
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2005-Jul-16 at 13:19.

dutchbloke2005

Default rebreather bag sizes and time of wear.

I am looking for advice from someone who is experienced in wearing masks and the use of rebreather bags. i have a older inflatable mask with attached tube.you used to see it in video s from whiplash/gwenmedia that sort of mask. i have adapted the tube for placing a rebreather bag, its not quite large. i cant wear it for long, and thats my question, is there any link between the size of the rebreather bag and the duration one can wear it? since my bag is small , does it influence the time i am able to wear it? with a bigger bag is it easier to keep it up or does it just give you more Co2 inside and the opposite is true , the bigger the bag the shorter the wear is? since i dont have other sizes i cant check by trying. Could it be the size of tube connecting is to blame s it was not originally designed for a rebreather bag?

thanks for any comments,

dutchbloke

Rubberdino is offline Special Assistant to Ataraxia
    US Midwest Northern US
    Region:
    Michigan

Default Re: rebreather bag sizes and time of wear.

OK, first let me tell you I've had no experience with rebreather bags, but.........I would think that it s a bit of both. If you have a large lung capacity, a small bag may be the problem. Not knowing the size of tubing you are using, a .64 cm inner diameter tubing should be adequate, I've used that size on it's own as a breathing tube. One of 1.25 cm may be better.

There use to be a fellow who made masks that was a family member here. His pub name was s10. I would suggest talking with him if he is still around

Hope this helps!!

rubberdino
    I'd rather be different than be the same!!!

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Tring, Herts, UK

Default Re: -----GAS MASKS, RESPIRATORS & REBREATHERS-----

OK, first let me tell you I've had no experience with rebreather bags, but.........I would think that it s a bit of both. If you have a large lung capacity, a small bag may be the problem. Not knowing the size of tubing you are using, a .64 cm inner diameter tubing should be adequate, I've used that size on it's own as a breathing tube. One of 1.25 cm may be better.
    Rebreather bags are available in 6 sizes from 0.5 to 5litre capacity, closed or with a pressurising catheter/relief tube. As described above, lung capacity will determine the size needed. In normal service in an anaesthetic system, the bag maintains an even pressure and limits the waste of gas within the system. I have probably a smallish lung capacity and use a 2 litre bag happily. This fills fully on an exhale and if the expiratory valve is set correctly, just lifts the valve to give a limited input of 'gas' and outlet of 'used' breath when inhaling.

In the scenario where a bag is used just for rebreathing air (DON'T DO THIS UNACCOMPANIED - or do not use a mask that cannot fall off if you go too far), it will need to be part inflated before closure. A 5 litre bag would take quite some puff to fill it while a 0.5 litre would for baby sized lungs. If you don't know what is the best size, start large and work down. I guess it would be possible to estimate how much capacity by blowing up a balloon with a single breath until you cannot exhale further, and then see how big it is!

I would have included a diagram, but I need to find out how you all do it!

Tony

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London,

Default Gas Masks

:uk: Has anyone any adverse experiences in wearing a Gas Mask and rubber suit for a really long time.
    We are thinking of trying 7 days at 23 hours a day.

Daveta

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

Default Re: Gas Masks

from my experience of long term gas mask wear in the military save yourself the grief and dont bother. For longer term wear i would suggest looking at hoods which if made from panels should be a lot better,you can add tubes etc.