Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..

View Poll Results: My preference for Gasmasks is

Voters
1674. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dislike very much

90 5.38%
  • Dislike

71 4.24%
  • Neutral

166 9.92%

327 19.53%
  • Like very much

1,020 60.93%
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: .GAS MASKS, Respirators or Rebreathers

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Oxfordshire

Default Re: .GAS MASKS, Respirators or Rebreathers

Quote Originally spoken by jantzenuk
    Hi Dudeman

I had exactly the same problem after what I thought was a nice clean and shine operation. NEVER EVER shine the head harness with any slicone type polish, it looks great but will never grip properly again.

J
    You might find some Isopropyl Alcohol or Surgical Spirit will shift the silicone without damaging the rubber, or the heptane thinners used to clean rubber for solvent based gluing.

Moose

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Sydney

Quote Originally spoken by Famous_Moose
    You might find some Isopropyl Alcohol or Surgical Spirit will shift the silicone without damaging the rubber, or the heptane thinners used to clean rubber for solvent based gluing.

Moose
    Hey Moose,

I just went and tried a slovent containing octane, benzene, and a whole slew of organic carbon compunds (aka petrol) and without exaggeration or hyperbole, the stickiness of the straps increased by about 1 million percent! You're a champion

jantzenuk: I coudn't quite understand your instructions for the arrangement of the straps (probably early morning brain death). Would you mind giving a bit more information so that I can try it out?

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Oxfordshire

Quote Originally spoken by dudeman
    Hey Moose,

I just went and tried a slovent containing octane, benzene, and a whole slew of organic carbon compunds (aka petrol) and without exaggeration or hyperbole, the stickiness of the straps increased by about 1 million percent! You're a champion
    Glad to hear it worked ok. Personally I'd be a little concerned about using straight petrol, as it has all sorts of additives that might damage the rubber itself. I certainly wouldn't recommend using it as a latex cleaner . But if it worked in this case then I'm glad my suggests guided you to a working answer.

Moose

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    W. Pa. (sp, sm, fl)/Cen Fl win

Benzene, the chemical compound, in contrast to benzin, petrol, gasoline, is a recognized carcinogen. Substitute, please, tolulene, sometimes labeled as toluol as much safer aromatic compunds for increasing stickiness. Spark ignition motor fuels ften contain benzene as an octante enhancer.
    Stretch6 (PhD, retired analytical/organic chemist)

UK England (south western)
    Region:
    Cornwall

Quote Originally spoken by dudeman
    Hey Moose,

jantzenuk: I coudn't quite understand your instructions for the arrangement of the straps (probably early morning brain death). Would you mind giving a bit more information so that I can try it out?

Hi Dudeman

If you look at the three attached pics you will see: (pic 01) the strap passing through the open clip as normal. (pic 02) the strap has been lifted over the shaped guides. (pic 03) the clip has been closed down over the strap, trapping the edges of the strap between the closer and the clip. Instant major grip, but no easy adjustment.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers J
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S10-Clip-01.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	1043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S10-Clip-02.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	1044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S10-Clip-03.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	1045  

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Sydney

Does anyone know if/where there is something like an S10 user manual online or where I can get one offline? I am interested in just how modular the S10 is, and how to disassemble it. Right now, I am interested in knowing how to remove and replace the eyepieces and the facepiece/exhalation valve.

CA Quebec, Canada
    Region:
    Montreal

Default sceptic about Gasmask. Any suggestions?

Hi there,
    I am in the process of getting myself a Gasmask and a rebreather bag... i am just a bit sceptic about all this. I suffer from mild clastrophobia... I have no problems putting on a hood that has only nose holes, but as soon as the hood moves a bit and the airflow is restricted, i panic and get it off as soon as possible.. Now i know that with the rebreather bag i am getting is a 6mm airflow oppening that can be opend or closed. Will i be getting enough air through this or would you recommend not using this? I saw a few videos and read information about rebrething.. but it scares me. But i love the look of the gasmask and the rebreather bag inflating and deflating..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_u5hZJKPo8

This is the video i checked out and more... this scares me.
    If anyone can give me some advice on what how and where would be greatly apreciated.
    I have put up a pic of the gasmask and the rebreather bag i am planing on buying. Let me know if these are good choices for a starter withn gasmasks.
    Thanx a lot
    :ca:
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1a_1_b.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	1122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gasmaskws1edited.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	1123  

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

Default Re: sceptic about Gasmask. Any suggestions?

In my experience the rebreather bag is a waste of money,its another idea that is good in fantasy but has no practical use in a closed system such as this.

Rubberwalker

I am curious to know from where you are purchasing the gasmask and the rebreather bag? I am wondering about the adaptor on the bag to connect to the gasmask, not seen one like that before.

I find that video utterly exciting, but of course there are dangers of which one must be aware.

CA Quebec, Canada
    Region:
    Montreal

Thanx for the replys

I am buying these both on Ebay. the Rebreather Bag has a DIN-GOST breathing-reduction-connector with air-flow and gap. I asked a few Questions and checked out a few listings, and it seems to be fitting on that Mask. I know that it will also fit GP-5 masks. Anyhow, I hope it fits :P and the rebreather bag actualy only is for fantasies i have. As i stated, it does scare me a bit. I'll try it out with my g/f close just in case.