Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..

View Poll Results: My preference for Gasmasks is

Voters
1674. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dislike very much

90 5.38%
  • Dislike

71 4.24%
  • Neutral

166 9.92%

327 19.53%
  • Like very much

1,020 60.93%
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: .GAS MASKS, Respirators or Rebreathers

UK England (south western)
    Region:
    plymouth

Default Re: .GAS MASKS, Respirators or Rebreathers

yes u can get from rob of london wells street off oxford street ?8 per 2ft section which can be joined to each other
    :uk:

GB - United Kingdom
    Region:
    East Sussex

Default Re: .MASKS (also see HOODS or GASMASK threads)

On rubberzone, somebody posted a thread recently about asbestos and gas masks and linked to this article:
    http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index...mItemId/621537

I've been thinking about buying a gas mask, but this has put me off. Safety first, remember.

Any thoughts?

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    essex

Default Re: .MASKS (also see HOODS or GASMASK threads)

Hi Trackrubbr,
    if you want to use a mask with a filter on it, check the manufacture date of the existing filter. If it is stamped with a date later than 1980 it is highly unlikely to have asbestos in it. If it is dated earlier then it is possible it may have asbestos in it. If it has, then it will be white asbestos which isn't the real dangerous form of the substance, and will only be present in a very small quantity in usually the first particulate layer of the filter, and would have to get past the other filter layers before you could inhale any fibres.
    That said, you would be better not to take any risk and getting a newer filter from either a surplus shop or from somewhere like ebay, where there are often new and sealed british S10 mask filters available at a sensible price.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Sydney

Wow, I read that post after I had ordered one of those masks, and before I had received it! I was sweating for a bit, because I know that Customs don't take any prisoners, and it was part of a package with other masks. It all turned out OK, and I received the package intact.

The filter that came with the black mask is massive! From galleries online, it looks like the same size as a soup can, but is actually about 8 inches high by 6 inches diameter. I can't see any fibrous material exposed in the mask, so they must be concerned about the massive, heavy filter. As far as I know, the small canisters available virtually everywhere are all activated carbon, and contain no asbestos. I strongly suspect that due to the known health dangers and legal liability, the filters containing asbestos were swiftly withdrawn and destroyed, and replaced with the activated carbon type.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Sydney

Just wondering how many and what kinds of masks all of the fine people that visit these forums have? In the past six months or so, I have got quite a few, and it now includes:

• 2 S10s
    • 2 Israeli civilian masks
    • 2 Israeli Army M15 masks
    • US Army M17
    • Canadian C3 or C4 mask
    • 2 Soviet grey PMG masks
    • 2 black GP5s
    • Black Soviet officers mask with front hose and large filter
    • US MCU2P (?)
    • 2 Belgian M51 masks
    • Industrial gas mask with a shaped visor section, like a pair of safety glasses

I've got one of just about all of the common masks around. Want a Soviet PBF "gorillaface", an S6, a German M65, and heaps others.

I like my gas masks

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    Crestline

Default Gas Masks Needed for Project!

Hello

Recently our supplier of gas masks has run dry and we are curious about purchasing 4-8 or more at a time from a company that can get a constant supply. Our current fetish projects depend on these supplies.

We seek:
    Israel Style (youth is okay)
    Belgium/French Style

If anyone knows of a good vendor out there (preferably US based) it would be a appreciated. Surplus vendors are okay.

-Kat
    :us: "Dont do anything I wouldnt do...oh wait...short list":us:

US Pacific Northwest US
    Region:
    WA

Default Re: Gas Masks Needed for Project!

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    Crestline

Quote Originally spoken by PhotonSalad View Post
    So far, ironwolf has the best value out of all you provided. Thanks a lot for those. I am going to continue looking for an even cheaper bargain (yes, I am a cheapskate)

-Kat
    :us: "Dont do anything I wouldnt do...oh wait...short list":us:

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Sydney

If you're a cheapskate, then definately try Ebay. The Israeli civilian and the French masks are very common there, and so are very cheap! As compared to the cost of getting them from a security/armament store, they will be $15 vs $100. If you need lots of them, just buy more in a mass order. It is very unlikely that the surplus market will suffer a shortage of these kinds of masks in the near future!

twisto

Default Modifying Gasmasks?

Does anyone know what I should use to PAINT my gasmask? I have a Russian GP-5 in grey, and was thinking about some more exotic colours. Maybe red? Purple?

I just don't know if I can use regular paints like acrylic, or maybe liquid latex. What will stick/adhere to the gasmask?

Thanks for reading,

~twisto