Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

View Entire Thread: --HOW TO MAKE: a Hood.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Re: Blu Hood MK II.

Thanks Leinir for your kind comments,

I dont have a scanner at the moment, but I'm working on a way to provide some patterns for you all to try. This will involve some work on your part as I cant provide them in an easily downlable format besides which I dont want to rob you all of the fun of pattern making . I intend to use a grid pattern - comprising of 1 inch squares, which you'll have to duplicate at your end. On top of which I'll place the garment pattern pieces which you'll have to translate on to your own grid, if you see what I mean. My next post should make things clearer.

Stay Tuned!

Wired.

dutchbloke2004

Re: Blu Hood MK II.

Since it looks so good on the pics, i have been thinking of making some stuff myself, but i have no experience at all with glueing. is there any manual here or in the old forum with details how to handle?. My fav. pannelmask designs are the ones made by Slinkyskin. Sadly enough they are no longer available .
    Their masks fitted always perfect. I was thinking of getting to duplicate the measurements of this mask for a new ones. Only one problem is worrying me , where to find the right zippers to use and how to get it attached in the right place. I tried once adapting a PBB mask with a zipper and it did pull wrinkles at the back because it was not in the exactly correct possition,( little sideways)
    Attached Images

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Re: Blu Hood MK II.

Greetings dutchbloke2004,

There are a few how to's knocking around in the archives,
    check these links for more info, I would advise a good read of the Wetseal Essays if you are thinking of making your own gear or hoods etc.

http://www.rubberist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160

http://www.rubberist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200

http://www.rubberist.net/forums/show...?p=947#post947

or if you need specific information just give me a shout ,I would be happy to help in any way I can - preferably in the forum- as that way the shy members can benefit from the conversation also.
    As far as zips for hoods go, you can use any of the smaller length zips currently available from dressmaking /haberdashery shops but you will need to treat the edges with latex glue on order to get a good bond. Also reinforing the edges with thin latex strips is advisable. Alas only careful measuring will ensure the correct postion for the zip!

Regards,

Wired.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Tweaked Hood.

Hi all,

Thought I'd share some pics of the latest hood. Better fitting than the blue hood as it has undergon various tweaks here and there and now fits like a glove. Eyeholes were added to stop me from falling over things .

Regards,
    Wired.
    Attached Images

Ataraxia is offline IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Default Re: Modifying a hood

Did you make the hood from scratch or modify one that you bought?

How did you do it?

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    Essex

looks good wired!

Based on the pattern found elsewere in IAR?

oooo! just had a look at my Regulation hood and it seems very very similar.. might reverse engineer that and see how the patterns match.

will let you know how it goes.

BTW... what tweaks did you make to the latest one for the best fit?
    Stay safe, Stay well, Dream well!!

Chainy

Webmaster of -The Alternative Lifestyles Directory - A.L.D.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

The black hood and the pattern for a hood that I posted are one and the same.
    The blue hood was the black hoods forerunner,basically the original pattern needed a bit of tweaking for my size and appropriate holes adding.
    The pattern was given to me by a good friend and member of IAR from the states - Rdude (nice one bro).
    So not my own design, if you're unable to use the pattern I posted ,then I'd reccomend peeling an existing hood to make a pattern,this is generally the easiest way to end up with a winner.

Regards,
    Wired.

***PS*** I forgot to add - if you need to alter the size of the hood (not the pattern) after completion,you can simply alter the width of the central panel - remove material to make it tighter or make a larger panel if the hood is too tight.
    Last edited by Wired; 2004-Sep-03 at 21:13. Reason: xtra info

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    South States

Default Molded rubber hood.

Hi,

Has anyone ever made a (male/female) molded rubber hood, and, if yes - how was the quality compared to the commercially offered molded hoods?
    I want to try to make a female hood by dripping the latex, but I have no experience.
    Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Electrojim is offline Minister of Silliness Postacrat 1000+
    AU - Australia
    Region:
    Tasmania

Default Re: Molded rubber hood.

Quote Originally spoken by tempo_tempori View Post
    . . . . . I want to try to make a female hood by dripping the latex . . . . .
    "dripping" the latex??? Haven't heard of that process before. Explain, please.
    EJ

I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    South States

Default Re: Molded rubber hood.

Hi, EJ,

Well, I am a novice in all of that, so I am sure I did not use the correct terminology.
    I meant - poured latex (onto/into a mould?).

Sorry about the confusion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast