Username: Gord

Post Number: 373
Registered: 11-2001

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 )

Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 12:25 am GMT: Hi Tron,

The word Jodhpur was taken into the English language 150 years ago when England had a strong presence in India. Jodhpur is an Indian word for 'riding trousers'. These are very loose at the thigh, and quite tight over the lower leg, allowing riding boots to be worn over them.
For example:

I hope this helps, Gord. Information is everything

Journeyman Postacrat
Username: Tron

Post Number: 25
Registered: 08-2003
Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 )

Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 09:58 pm GMT: A curious question from a less knowing person:
Just exactly what is Jodpurs?
In my past when practising horse-back riding I learned that "Jogphurs" was the name of a ankle-high riding-shoe
made of leather with two long and crossed very typical leather straps. In this case Jodpurs seems to be some sort of pants, but what do they look like?


Senior Postacrat
Username: Blackice

Post Number: 125
Registered: 05-2001
Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 )

Posted on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 11:34 am GMT: Hi All

Does anyone have a good illustration or photo of Jodpurs. I used to have a pair from Ectomorph but sold them awhile back.

I now need a good illustration or pattern for Jodurs. These are the not the Mountie style which I believe are called breaches.

Best to e-mail them to me directly - thanks