Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: -----PATTERNS & PATTERN-MAKING-----

Ataraxia is online now IAR Founder & |R|ubberNaut (Retired) Postacrat 1000+
    US Eastern US, Middle Atlantic
    Region:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Default Re: -----PATTERNS & PATTERN-MAKING-----

Quote Originally spoken by gloske
    I've made stockings, pants, sweaters, corsets, neck-mouth corsets, pants and skirts.. If you wich, i'll send you a drawing for stockings. I use patternmaking software for my creations.
    Can you be more specific about the pattern-making software you use? What is it's name? Do they have a website? Thanks
    Want to go deeper? Explore RubberNaut.com

AVator

going back to the idea of gloves, there is a way to create an accurate 3d model of your own hand using alginate. this impression can then be used once to make an extremely detailed casting of your hand.

In theory, (I may try this as soon as I have some adhesive) it would be possible to construct the glove on the mock up of the hand which may be easier for size etc than taking measurements from your own hands.

If anyone would like links and tips on how to make a casting, send me a message or email me. If there is sufficient interest I will make a quick tutorial covering it.

Kaitlyn_k

We have in the past cast cheerleaders feet to make a last for their boots, the idea is the same. Using alginate is easy and its cast is stunningly accurate but that may well be the down fall.

If you took the cast in alginate, then made a plaster cast to support it your making negative mould in that the outside of the glove will infact have a skin texture (asnd be slightly smaller than the hand), complete with wrinkles, cuts, scratches and scares... all of which would make the surface not too pleasant. The work to make the negative into a positive mould is massive, a plaster cast would need to be made again in relief, then sanded, prepped with a mould release and finally a mould can be made!

Kait

AVator

Hmm... I had considered having to sand down the surface of the casting but had not thought of many of the tiny pits and flaws in the surface resulting from the detail.

One other thing that also occured to me.... it might be possible that the plaster would react in some way to the rubber. Perhaps this is every bit less an ideal solution - ah well......

Still, If you could get one casting that was exactly as you needed it it would be quite hard wearing but perhaps the cons out way the pros on this one. Nice to know that someone has actually tried it though

I've managed to get self hand castings that are extremely details with very few flaws using a very fine and hard plaster. Except on the occasion where I do work in the garden, my hands have very few marks, so maybe I can get away with it

Electrojim is offline Minister of Silliness Postacrat 1000+
    AU - Australia
    Region:
    Tasmania

Has anyone thought of using moulding latex to get a pattern? I bought some once in the hope that it might work as a latex cement. Forlorn hope! The product contains a release agent that stops it from sticking (permanently) to anything. It's a bit sticky when first applied but when dry, it peels off like a rubber glove.
    Last edited by Electrojim; 2006-Dec-12 at 20:53.

CA Ontario, Canada
    Region:
    near toronto

Why not get a pair of latex examination gloves, say in one or two sizes to small and put them on to make you mould with the alginate.
    That way the suface would be smooth, no tiny imperffetions that have to be sanded out, etc. Obviously we dont want the cast to be "extremely detailed".
    At least it's worth a try.

AVator

Probably would still be necessary to do a bit of work on the joins at the fingers in the casting but it sounds like it might well work - who would have thought that rubber gloves would the the solution to making rubber gloves?

I will have to try this out at the weekend now! I will post an image of the finished casting if it turns out well

BE - Belgium
    Region:
    Oost-Vlaanderen

Hi All.

I use pattern maker software for making , adapting and designing patterns for latex garments.

I've first started with a pair of stockings, i offered them up for science : I've cut them in half, measured the whole thing up and then redrawed it in the program.
    I've added personal measurements for better fitting, and now i am able to make stockings in small, medium, large etc..
    I've done the same with an old mini skirt, jeans, t-shirt...
    This way it is possible to make a whole warderobe..

For new designs (neck- mouth corset for ex.) i've made little moulds in paper ( fitting those on the face, recutting etc), then draw those in the program.
    Easy to adapt the drawings to the first made real proto, and after som hours i had a working pattern of a tight fitting neck-mouth corset .

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    Highland Village, TX

I, too, use the patternmaker software for drafting patterns and creating items. I'm still fairly new to the software (patternmaking in general really) but so far the macros available make customizing a breeze. The only thing to remember is anything built in is designed for fabric with butt seams, not latex with lap seams.

Perhaps if there are enough people in the group who use and are fluent with this program, this may be the method of choice for sharing? Just a thought...

FR - France
    Region:
    Paris

Hi fellow crafters!

I am currently finishing a military short sleeved jacket for my husband and he is dying to have some matching trousers.

Thing is I have no clue about how to make trousers. They would have to be rather cut like usual tailored trousers, not skin tight.

I was thinking about making at first some kind of latex shorts to which i would later on attach some "legs". So it'd be easier to try to find the good fitting without struggling with loads of fabric at first.

What do you think of this idea? By any chance, would any of you have some shorts pattern you'd be willing to give me? I can share my patterns as well and I would put some HOW TO MAKE garments with my techniques if I had some schemes on my comp instead of big piles of patterns drawn on old newspaper.

Then, do you think I could make some proper trousers without using any zipper? I have mastered the way of including a zipper but I fear it would complicate the pattern a lot. Would some zipper-free trousers fit and hold properly?

Thanks for your advice!