Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: -----PATTERNS & PATTERN-MAKING-----

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Re: -----PATTERNS & PATTERN-MAKING-----

Quote Originally spoken by RUBBERYVESS View Post
    The finished item may look a little rough but is very comfortable to wear. Surely using the latest liquid latex, an even better glove could be made by the same process.
    Therein lies the problem RUBBERYVESS, a nice smooth finish is hard to obtain with liqud latex and this is an important thing to a rubberist. I wonder if a powerful current of air applied to the liquid before drying would smoothen out the crinkles?

Sorta blow it flat kinda thing.

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    uk

Has anyone got a pattern for fabric boots please? I once saw a pattern for canvas boots for amateur dramatics. The advantage of making your own would be that you could make them exactly as you likes, with any zips and buckles where you wanted, using rubber-coated-fabric, pvc-coated-fabric, fake fur, novelty fabrics, rubber fringes and tassels, or whatever you liked, plus they'd be a lot cheaper than buying them - at least in men's sizes. The big problem would, I imagine, be fitting a study sole to the uppers. I suppose some fabric boots could be made and then painted with liguid latex.

I once read on the internet about someone who made rubber catsuits by applying layers of liguid latex to a person wearing a lycra catsuit. I imagine this could create a sturdy and easily strechable garment that would fit very well. You'd need to remove all body hair beforehand. Has anyone got any opinions about if this is worth trying?

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Quote Originally spoken by glamourpoodle View Post
    I once read on the internet about someone who made rubber catsuits by applying layers of liguid latex to a person wearing a lycra catsuit. I imagine this could create a sturdy and easily strechable garment that would fit very well. You'd need to remove all body hair beforehand. Has anyone got any opinions about if this is worth trying?

Blackice? Steffy? Over to you.

MissFuzzyBunny

Quote Originally spoken by Wired View Post
    Lol.

I think the miracle liquid latex solution surfaces every 4 months or so on the more popular latex boards. So far what we have determined, for the most part, is liquid latex is pretty nasty and is best used in small doses like to the surface of zippers to prime them for going into a proper glued catsuit. It is almost impossible to build it neatly upon a human form without variations and thinner patches, and it is almost surely impossible to achieve anything nearly as slick a surface as glued sheet latex, or even molded over a standard form latex.

Have I left anything pertinent out?

Region:
    East Sussex

Quote Originally spoken by Wired View Post
    its fun stuff to apply but results are awful. lost a good lycra catsuit and money on the LL.

i would never recommend it. even cheap denbar molded latex is 10x better.

actually i'd go so far to say - do not - but or use the stuff.

M

RUBBERYVESS

Quote Originally spoken by EARman View Post
    Hey there everyone! I've just started making some clothing items (mostly for my wife) which have been turning out very well (thanks in no small part to the expertise in these forums! ). I am trying to make a pair of socks for myself for my catsuit and a couple pairs of stockings for my wife's outfits but can't quite seem to get the design down right. I've had a pair of molded at one time that fit well in the legs but killed my toes. I've tried making a few samples to get the pattern down but they all either twist, bulge or are just not the right shape. Does anyone know the best way to make them? I'd like to try to make at least one of my wife's stockings with a deco stripe up the back for her new nurses outfit but that could be added later...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated from both of us! Thanks all!
    EARman, hi, I don't know whether this will help.
    I am currently working on a pattern to hopefully make my first catsuit. I make a first pattern by wrapping 2 inch wide paper masking tape around my foot with the sticky side outwards. Then I wrap a second layer of tape, tighter, with the sticky side down. This can be pressed into the foot and forms a fairly accurate skin. Working around the ankle, the foot must be held straight, ie pointed toes, this is to keep the pattern as flat as possible. Work up the leg in the same manner. Cut the pattern off where you want the seams. I would suggest down the back of the leg, definitely the back of the ankle and around the sole of the foot creating two patterns, a leg and a foot. Open these out and you will find that they are not flat These are master patterns and should be kept. Transfer these onto flat card and make slight adjustments where you think that the stretch in the rubber won't be able to cope adequately with the bumps. For my catsuit I will bring the seam from the back of the ankle to the front of the knee and widen it at this point so that I can gain a little looseness to the knee but this shouldn't be necessary for your stockings.
    Have a go
    And let me know.

US Pacific Southwest US
    Region:
    calif

I need a pattern for a full style apron,full length wrap around , bib front., I figure this is eqasiest to start with.any one have a diagram, I cant figure it out and it seems simple, like my brain must be,hahahah

omega_ltx

I've found some great patterns in the sewing stores. They have many books of patterns to look through, and they have most of them in stock. I have had good luck with the patterns meant for tight fitting spandex. They have all kinds of choices including catsuits. I add about 1/4" to the seem allowance for gluing.
    'omega_ltx

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Quote Originally spoken by lotono View Post
    I need a pattern for a full style apron,full length wrap around , bib front., I figure this is eqasiest to start with.any one have a diagram, I cant figure it out and it seems simple, like my brain must be,hahahah

Hi lotono, I couldnt view the picture in your message for some reason?

But is this the kind of style your reffering to?

An apron should be fairly simple to make with a minimum of seams, basically its one piece of latex with some shoulder straps and ties added.
    Attached Images

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    uk

Quote Originally spoken by omega_ltx View Post
    I've found some great patterns in the sewing stores. They have many books of patterns to look through, and they have most of them in stock. I have had good luck with the patterns meant for tight fitting spandex. They have all kinds of choices including catsuits. I add about 1/4" to the seem allowance for gluing.
    'omega_ltx
    Yes, there are lots of unitard and catsuit patterns sold by mainstream pattern companies for lycra/spandex, some in men's sizes. They can be bought over the internet. I didnt realise they could be used for latex - thanx! (Hmmmn - I wonder if it would be possible to make something like a sewing machine that instead sticks two pieces of latex together?)

This makes me think of a rubber/spandex fusion - but I suppose it would be very difficult to fix latex and spandex together.

I was searching the internet for a fabric similar to that worn by Julie Meyerson's Catwoman recently and I came across "stretch vinyl" - its shiny and it stretches. Has anyone got any experience of it pleaz?

I once saw a photo of a woman at a party wearing a sleevless lycra unitard that had a long see-through panel at the sides going from ankle to shoulder - showing that she was not wearing any bra or knickers. I also remember a photo of a catsuit that had, instead of the see-through panels, something like extremely long shoelaces laced through eyes. This makes me wonder if it would be possible to use a nylon mesh for the panels. It would be daring, use less latex, and also allow for ventilation. I suppose the ultimate could be to have latex at the front, and just lacing or mesh at the back.

So in other words, what other materials apart from latex itself, could be fixed to latex?

Regarding making cloth boots, the little I've been able to find out on the internet from costuming forums suggests making patterns by tracing the panel shapes in existing boots with paper (I suppose old boots could be unstitched and the panel shapes traced), and using the simple soles removed from cheap slippers fixed to the uppers with lots of small stitches. Since it is possible to buy vinyl or 'pleather' fabrics of various kinds, then they could look OK.