Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: -----PATTERNS & PATTERN-MAKING-----

ZA - South Africa
    Region:
    Johannesburg

Default Re: -----PATTERNS & PATTERN-MAKING-----

Glamourpoodle, yes I have made many items out of two way stretch PVC, anything I can help you with just ask.

It is less forgiving that latex and takes more tome to assemble, never the less is very nice made up, depending on you machine sewing skills, also always hand tak all panels before sewing for it is inclined to shift, get your panels out of align.

The Metalics loose their metalic look very quickly, so suggest you stay away from them, if you want I can E-Mail pictures of ones I wore to the Tampa Florida Fet Con.

So contact me if you need help. Hugs.

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    uk

I have seen both 2-way and 4-way strech vinyll available for sale. Is their any reason not to use the 4-way?

How strong is it compared with ordinary fabric please? Do the seams etc rip? Thanx.

ZA - South Africa
    Region:
    Johannesburg

Only use the 4 way material and you have to use strong cotton plus double sew every seam.

I also always had my suits double thick like" the milk shakes" for I liked the suit to be tight, this way you can also hide the zip between layers.

Good sewing.

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Hi all,

Does anyone have a neck corset pattern or any suggestions on how to create one?

I'm thinking along the lines of a posture collar or maybe a bit smaller, shaped over the shoulders and under the jawline. I've tried cutting from one piece of latex but it's just not form-fitting enough.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

L8x101

US Eastern US, South
    Region:
    South Carolina

I would take a shot at making a plastic wrap and tape moulding (as has been suggested alsewhere on this site for socks) of your neck, upper chest and chin. First cover more area than necessary in plastic wrap, then carefully cover the wrap with duct tape (don't wrap it tight and strangle yourself...I'm starting to sound like a lawyer). This moulding can then act as a pettern that can be transferred to latex sheeting. To make a good-fitting neck corset you'll need to use many hourglass-shaped pieces glued together. As an example, check out the red and black corsellete mask on the Rubber's Finest website:
    http://www.rubbersfinest.com/english/sites/start.htm

slippery

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Thanks Slippery,

I have used the tape method before, but I suspect it might be tricky to mark out the shape over the shoulders and the back of my own neck. Tricky but maybe not impossible; I'll give it a try anyway.

Is there a pattern makers technique to create the hourglass shapes or is it just an artistic, freehand kind of thing. I've made corsets before but I've never had to create my own pattern.

Rubbersfinest - impressive stuff!

Cheers,
    L8x101

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    Austin, TX

I was able to do the back of my neck pretty easily, any further down would be tricky. There's a whole tutorial here: http://rubberyfun.com/old_index.php?PageID=8
    claus?tro?phi?li?a (n.): A love of enclosed spaces
    claus @ slicko . net

UK England (London area)
    Region:
    London

Quote Originally spoken by gloske View Post
    Hi All.I use pattern maker software for making , adapting and designing patterns for latex garments.
    I have Patternmaker on trial at the moment and am quite impressed. I was thinking that the Deluxe Editor version is all I need rather than the Professinal Studio (which is quite pricey).

Can you tell me which version you are using? Also have you used or adapted any pre-done software patterns or just made your own as you described?

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    new york/new jersey

Is there a pattern makers technique to create the hourglass shapes or is it just an artistic, freehand kind of thing. I've made corsets before but I've never had to create my own pattern.

i don't believe that theres a 'pattern makers technique' for necks, but the shapes are a combination of things.... once you get the shape of the neck on paper/fabric to lay the way you want to (either draping on yourself or someone else) then seaming and shaping the top and bottom are a matter of art
    i make clothes for imaginary people

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    new york/new jersey

Quote Originally spoken by glamourpoodle View Post
    I have seen both 2-way and 4-way strech vinyll available for sale. Is their any reason not to use the 4-way?

How strong is it compared with ordinary fabric please? Do the seams etc rip? Thanx.
    4-way isnt as stretchy, and is less shiny. i prefer the 2 way. (it's like the stuff lip service uses)

think of 4 way as similar to swimsuit fabric. its just coated, and since the coating has to stretch in all directions, the more it's stretched, the less shiney it gets. (ive made a catsuit out of this)

2 way doesnt have much stretch and so the coating stays more as a solid and feels thicker. ( i make dresses and corsets with this)

i believe mj trends sells swatches on their site of 2way, 4way, and patent vinyl, and ive used all believe that it just depends on what effect youre trying to achieve.

i think 2way is pretty strong- no tears yet on the dresses ive made i treat it pretty much like reg. fabric and havent had any issues. just have to be careful- any mistakes leave stitching holes.

any other questions, feel free to ask (i use pvc a lot )
    i make clothes for imaginary people