Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

View Entire Thread: .SLEEPING ITEMS (bed sheets, pillow cases, etc.) (NON-bondage items)

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Berkshire

Default .SLEEPING ITEMS (bed sheets, pillow cases, etc.) (NON-bondage items)

Does anyone know where I can get large rubber bedsheets without seems in the UK?

UK England (Midlands)
    Region:
    Gloucester

Default Re: Rubber bedsheets

hmm, for sheer choice of materials you probably wont beat this lot

http://www.betweenthesheets.co.uk/ [rdx]3233[/rdx]

and for a cheaper option try

http://www.kastley.co.uk/ [rdx]41[/rdx]

think kastley's have a seem, the problem is latex sheet dosent come in very wide rolls. I believe that the rolls are eithe 1 yard or 2 yards wide and the 2 yard rolls have a very limited colour choice.

cheers
    Lurker
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2004-Oct-20 at 18:55.

FR - France
    Region:
    Paris

I am a strong supporter of Between the Shhets : excellent quality, excellent service and fair price... I usuallly sleep in rubber sheets and duvet cover from them... Absolutely no problem !

IE - Ireland (Republic)
    Region:
    Dublin

they are indeed very good from what we hear, however they are very expensive, then again i guess you get what you pay for

Dark

I heard someone tell me that they read about someone who know someone who said they liked them... My comment was reported in a previous post... which I summarize:

BTS are well made... sewn edges and for wider sheets a seam down the center.

They are very expensive

They are very very heavy and unlike cotton sheets.. you really are aware of their weight.

They are a challenge to sleep in in anything which creates any sort of friction... including your slightly moist skin. Moving around becomes a real effort... Rubber sleeping gear would mitigate this friction issue.

If the ambiant air is dry you get a lot of static discharges... mini electric storms as you move the top about.

If the ambient air is cold they are cold to sleep in.. but warm up where your body is...

If the ambient air is warm they are very hot.

sweat cannot escape if you overheat... expect to see the humidity rise between the sheets...

They are much more distracting to sleep in... as compared with cotton sheets for all the reasons above... and of course they have the aroma of rubber as well.

I would suggest a compromise... one sheet only .. top or bottom if you want to actually sleep whilst experiencing rubber.

For "play" go all they way.. top and bottom... pun intended... but expect to pay dearly for the pleasure.

ps.. pillow cases are cool too... they even come in pearlsheen blue!

Region:
    Midlands

Hi All

I would concur the previous posts, great as a play item but not so practical to sleep in. You need to wear something to overcome the friction. Latex bed clothes are OK but I find that persperation soon wakes you up.
    Anyway I could not resist the temptation but Between The Sheets[rdx]3233[/rdx] at ?580 for a king size full set (fitted sheet, duvet, valance and four pillow cases) was out of the question. Plus I was not sure of the robustness of stiched latex without reinforcement. Also having trialed various weights 4D's[rdx]36[/rdx] 0.31/0.38 was about right, BTS use 0.43/0.5 maybe driven by the need to stitch but I considered to heavy.

So solution was purchase 20 metres of 2 metre wide 0.31/0.38 at ?340 and make them myself. Only 12 metres required for bedding so plenty left over for other projects. All edge seams have been glued and as yet have seen no evidence of failure even though they are in peel mode as opposed to a plain lap joint. This is particularly interesting for the fitted sheet given this is sized to produce a slight stretch for a flat appearance. Fitted sheet has no seams on surface as only 1.524m wide, duvet cover has seams 0.1m in from edge both sides so these are off the sleeping surface so no issue.

So if you have got the practical skills required definately worth doing took me about 10 hours including hemming any exposed edges to give a better appearance. See attached photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	221  
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2004-Oct-20 at 19:09.
    Regards

Latexsuitman

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

Latexsuitman - The bed set looks really excellent!

I wondered what you meant by

All edge seams have been glued and as yet have seen no evidence of failure even though they are in peel mode as opposed to a plain lap joint.
    I'm cosidering making some sheets - pillowcase etc and peel mode intrigues me.

Thanks,
    Wired.

Region:
    Midlands

Wired

Attached is a sketch showing what I mean. The peel mode gives a more convential appearance like a sewn joint. Lapjoints are difficult when trying to produce a square corner without bunching of one side or the risk of a hole if you cutout the corner to turn back a seam to glue the second piece onto. With the peel joint you can glue up two rectangular pieces on the shiny side and glue them shiny to shiny face and then turn the item inside out.

Name:	joint type.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	222  
    Regards

Latexsuitman

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Latexsuitman - Sounds good , I'm gonna give it a try later on. Would I be right in thinking that the extra latex inside the seam is laid over itself and glued to form the corner?

Regards,
    Wired.

Region:
    Midlands

Hi Wired

The seam is not laid over on itself and glued this would show on the surface. The two pics show the corner of a pillow case 1. The dotted line shows the extent of the seam glued shiny side to shiny side before turning inside out. 2. The finished corner when turned out the seam is just loose inside just like a cotton pillow case. As a conventional pillow case its made from one piece folded nearly in half and seamed down both sides with one surface having a flap to hide the end of the pillow.

Name:	IMGP0979.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0980.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	224  
    Regards

Latexsuitman

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast