Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

View Entire Thread: .SLEEPING ITEMS (bed sheets, pillow cases, etc.) (NON-bondage items)

Dark

Default Re: Rubber bedsheets

Now add a "pocket" and you have a "french tuck" which the pillow slips into and prevents it from sliding out! I believe BTS have french tucks on the pillow cases.

Region:
    Midlands

Dark

Thats what I meant by the flap, it is glued down the sides to the main seam to form the pocket.
    Regards

Latexsuitman

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

Latexsuitman - Gotcha,the penny drops!
    One final question, is the side lap seam made first and then the peel mode seam joins the end of the 'bag'?
    Regards,
    Wired.

Region:
    Midlands

Hi WiredPlease see the attached plan I think its self explainatory.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide1.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	226  
    Regards

Latexsuitman

Region:
    Midlands

Hi Wired

Text on image is not so good so here it is:

Start with sheet this size.

Make 10mm lap seam RH end glue non shiny to non shiny, stiffens free end. Glue up 200mm x 10mm of non shiny side both sides LH end fold over to form 100mm pocket.

Glue up 10mm seam on shiny side both sides full length. Fold over shiny side to shiny side to make side seam leaving case 500 x 740.

Turn inside out seam is loose inside, width now reduced to 480, pocket is now inside to retain pillow.
    Regards

Latexsuitman

Dark

It is the old cost benefit thingy. A complete kit for a king or queen bed... with pillow cases and so on would cost was a couple of catsuits might. Since we own a set... I would say that for us it has not been a good ROI (return on investment)... and this is not to say that we didn't enjoy the experience.

If you win $500 gambling.... go for it... otherwise... get something you can get more use out of.

AU - Australia
    Region:
    Melbourne

I would agree that 4D's .35mm thickness is about right for sleeping comfortably the night through, anything thicker is too heavy. If the sheets are chlorinated there is no friction either on latex suits/pyjamas or skin, and almost no static electricity buildup.

I solved the problem of cost by making my own sheets and two pillow cases with french tuck. On a queen sized mattress it is possible to make a fitted sheet without seams using 2m wide material, but the top sheet probably needs to be wider than 2m. As suggested, the seam can be placed around the edge of the material to give a smooth finish across the bed.

To anyone considering latex bedsheets I would wholeheartedly recommend them.

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Hi all,

Latexsuitman - thanks much for the pillowcase instructions, hopefully this weekend will see a successfull attempt and I'll be resting my bonce on a luverly latex pillow!

Cheers again,
    Wired.

DE - Germany
    Region:
    Kerpen near Cologne/Rhine

Hello!

I typed "Bettstoff"BettstoffG M Y into Google, and BINGO!

My favourite cot sheet popped up at a number of medical suppliers.

GUWIGUWIG M Y also makes clothes and all kinds of bedware from this, pillow cases, duvet covers, mattress covers, etc.
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 2004-Nov-18 at 13:38.
    Only a bag is decent clothing!

Arwen Goenitz

But are latex items as big a pain in the ass to get pillows & duvets into as the regular items?