Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

View Entire Thread: latex fetish burnout

liz

Default latex fetish burnout

i wonder if anybody on this form has discussed views on latex fetish burnout. eg. tired of the latex and rubber fetish and wonder if they can get therapy to deal with thier fetish burnout. i 'd like to know if anyone goes through latex fetish burnout. is it normal? in time will the love of rubber and latex return?

CA Alberta, Canada
    Region:
    Calgary

Default Re: latex fetish burnout

Not so sure about latex burnout myself, but I would imagine it could be very likely.

Crossdressers seem to go through this all the time, the feel bad about what they do and end up throwing all their clothes away, only to just end up starting a new collection later on in life. I can't see why some rubberists wouldn't be doing the same thing. (Heaven Forbid!!)

I think most of it comes down to a feeling of guilt or, for lack of being able to find the right word, dirtiness. If we could get rid of those feelings, then there would be no need for us to seek out therapy. Obviously there are other reasons as well as to why someone would want to give up latex. But I believe guilt about what we do is the main culprit.

Dave

Dark

What is actually meant by burnout? Are you referring to indulging in rubber fetish so much that it ceases to provide the kick it formally gave? Or is it a revulsion and kind of self hatred which may look the same... disposal of one's rubber gear.

Rubberism acts like many "substance" addictions.. it provides comfort and pleasing response and this sets of a craving and dependancy and desire to repeat the experiences. It may not be a chemical dependancy as nicotine or alcohol, but it can be much the same.

Sex can be addictive as well, and it is very much like a substance/chemical addiction because the human sexual response DOES involve neuro chemicals, hormones etc which provide a pleasing feeling of well being. And this is not just in the orgasmic part of the sexual response, but in the arousal phase. It's like the craving for a mild buzz from booze or pot.

Fetish for many is linked to the sexual response especially the "arousal" phase and therefore one can addict to the experience and OD on it as well. This is akin to the person who requires more and more alcohol to get a buzz. At some point they may realize they are an alcoholic and try to pull away, but usually it is too late as they have a chemical dependancy.

A rubberists whose "addiction" is "sex linked could revert to non rubber stimulation for sexual pleasure and toss out the thing which once gave them so much pleasure - rubber... burn out. And of course you can wear it so much for "sensual" reasons that the sexual component is no longer present... and for some this leaves the actual qualities of the material... like soft, or smooth or whatever.

And fetish is definitely something which can be an "auto sexual" experience... it is a pleasure that one can experience without the participation of a partner. Just climb into it and groove. This too can lead to many people indulging, over indulging and addicting themselves... like masturbation. Like drugs and alcohol you can get into them completely alone... deeply and many people do... and secretively.

But many cannot indulge too much because of the non acceptance of society and circumstances and so this may limit the "addiction" and burn out repsonse.... the lack of acceptance keeps it so underground that it prevents over indulgence.

What say you?
    Last edited by Dark; 2006-Oct-14 at 09:45.

kayaker

Rubber burn out is a problem when one uses rubber too much. By rationlizing the use of rubber it will remain a thrill and a wonderful experience no matter how often one slips into a soft piece of rubber. Rubber is a wonderful and harmless pleasure when used responsibly. Enjoy.

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

The attraction of the new, the novelty,the thrill of the chase the gaining of the object of your desire.Then being satiated. The slow transforming of novel...norval...normal and then levelling off it becomes habit without thought. Boredom creeps in desire ebbs away.

If you recognise the pattern then try to break it. Mix up the aspects of life that you enjoy,perhaps using some rubber wear when you exercise. Sell off the lesser used items and buy some new with the proceeds(dont hoard ! ) Make new friends. Do something unexpected and surprise yourself.

And consider that the above applies not just to loving rubber but your loved ones as well!

MissFuzzyBunny

I think like most passions, our interests can wane from time to time, depending on what else is going on in our lives.

Take me, for instance. My mom has Stage 4 breast cancer. You might imagine where my desire to dress up in rubber and take photos has gone. Like disappeared. When something like this happens, silly things like rubber sex and the like just look incredibly trivial and even ridiculous to me.

I was at the Rubber Ball running around for customer's orders, and you know, all I could feel was annoyance that I was back in my favorite city after a full year for yet another damned fetish event. It had been a full year of no London, no plays, no tours, no English culture, no decent food, and there I was in full fetish burnout at the largest fetish weekend.

This will pass as I adjust and find that a little rubber will become a nice diversion from what ails me. I suspect something similar may happen to you as well, and may happen yet again at some point in your life.

Good luck weathering it!

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

I'm a bit puzzled by the question - the idea of undergoing therapy to avoid 'burnout' seems odd. It suggests that you think you ought to be fixated on rubber and take steps to ensure that you are. Fetish is really a bit like marriage - you fixate on it until you have it and then you take it for granted and it's no big deal. The big difference, of course , is that your rubber is not going to feel neglected if you stop wanting to wear it, - the choice only affects you. Prolonged wearing of rubber certainly takes the erotic edge off the act but, if you decide 'I don't need this any more'. then why should there be a problem?

Dark

With all due respect Ms Fuzz and best wishes for your mom... your situation is quite different from many rubberists.

For one you met your Ken via 3XL (nice going 3X!) and he was into rubber already (very cool). I suppose for you it was more a falling in love with the man and how cool is a perv too!

The of course you have worked in the "fetish" industry in one way or another for some time and now as a designer of fet couture.. it's hard to not being involved with it because you AREN'T a teacher or a secretary or a chef. Fetish is pretty much what you do... and I am sure you do many other things too.

For most people fetish is a thing on the side so to speak. They have to take it out and make special time for it (I know this does not apply to everyone like Garlor for example). For those in the "biz" it has a completely different place in their lives.. and this does not mean that they are more or less kinky than the rest of us pervs.

In one sense it is easy to see how being in the biz might lead to a kind of burnout because the sublime has been made mundane... and one could find it loses its delicious edge. Since we each are different in our apetites, there is no way to predict how and when we will over do it and feel burnt out.

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

Just because I post often and have no hang up about rubber in public does not mean I wear rubber every day ! Like any person I am subject to the ebb and flow of feelings. I can have 3 days without a thought of rubber and then something triggers off a series of rubbery happenings.

I did say that I thought that passing off a tale as true life was setting up unfair expectations so I am the last person to let readers think that I am a person who walks the streets fully cross dressed in rubber every waking hour. The truth is that I get on with bringing up a family on my own and try to grab some rubber fun time when I can. But I dont believe in feeling guilty for the fun I have or being concerned about what others think of me wearing odd clothes.Yes its selfish but I dont harm anyone.

kayaker

I understand your predicament. My wife was seriously ill and I was under tremendous stress. I found a release in rubber and was able to deal with the awful situation. I feel that rubber can augment a vigurous exercise regimen. Please don't have any guilt feelings.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast