Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Rubber as stress relief

Wired is offline Director and Webmaster Postacrat 1000+
    UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Lancashire

Default Rubber as stress relief?

Do your rubber sessions/lifestyle form part of the way you relieve stress or do you need to be stress free to indulge in rubber activities? I know if I have a lot on my mind the rubber tends to take second place to whatever problems are kicking around in my world/head .

I find the most conducive times for me to really appreciate my rubberies are those where relative calm and good karma are present in my life. Thats not to say that rubber wont relieve my tensions, escaping into "Rubberworld", depending on the situation of course, can be extremely theraputic.

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

Default Re: Rubber as stress relief?

Hmmmmm......now that you mention it I need to be in a calm state to enjoy the latex experience when solo. The hustle and bustle of my life can push away the needed time of relaxation before sleep. I have had a wonderful experience listening to my hypnosis CD while clad in my catsuit and hood,very powerful...womb like.

Dark

Rubber to me is a vacation and I can't vacation when there is to much going on and "stress". I need to be relaxed and rubber augments the feeling of well being. Although I can work... doing cad... I don't like to interact with others ... as in on the phone when I am rubbermode. It's like no distractions from the outside world... it invades tthe mood and so forth.

Wearing streat rubber is a completely different mental space... More about self expression, rebellion and enjoying the special physical qualities of the material and the reminder of my "special attachment" at "rubbertime".

at the few fetish events I have attended, wearing rubber was neither erotic nor relaxing and usually because the heat and duration and so forth it was rather uncomfortable.. not unbearable, but certainly not like jeans and a cotton shirt comfy. On those occassions I feel connected to the fetish community because of what I am wearing, which I normally don't make that connection when wearing rubber at all other times when I am doing it for my own purposes.

ZA - South Africa
    Region:
    Johannesburg

Gord you need a rubber holliday, where you can wear all your latex as much as requirED.

When you have a need, and then to have it rationed"very frustrating.

The only consolation I can give you,is that eventually the kids will grow up and move on, and the workload will decrease, then there will be time to wallow in latex.

I likewise work for myself, but have the place andtime to indulge my fantacies as much as I like. I have not felt any embarrisment about my latex facination, and in fact do not care what people think about me.

I have told everyone so there is no closset for me, but I do not flaunt it for every one to see, I have enough time every day for my passion.

I close for bussines at 5 every day, then put on my catsuit and corset after my bath, have my supper and then go to my workshop and finnish some project that I have started, work till about 8, then retire to my computer to check my mail and spend about 2 hours surfing and posting.

Then go and fiddle with some latex repair or a new piece that I am making, and go to bed about 11, then rise at 7 , go and have another bath clean my gear and hang to dry, many times will even start my day and only take the gear off at about 9 in the morning.

I can wear a polo neck shirt and track suit pants and no one is the wiser that I have latex on, the only inhibiter is the need to not damage or wear in the sun.

My life has become such that without latex on I feel undressed, I cannot have a good nights sleep without it.

What is it about this material that hooks you so bad, I am becoming the latex man of Africa, and seem to be the only one that wears latex so consistantly.

So the idea of wearing latex for sexual reasons, is not the only reason for wearing latex, there is definately a comforting factor, as well as the destressing wellbeing factor.

No one makes me do it, no one to proove anything to, I do not clock in and out, so what makes you do it,

UK England (south eastern)
    Region:
    Tring, Herts, UK

I shall be wearing rubber at a munch this evening and I know that I will be all giggles and smiles for the following day and into Saturday (when I will be dressing again). When I do this, it gives my quite a lift and brightens otherwise hum-drum existence.

Tony

UK Scotland
    Region:
    Dumfriesshire

Actually I found quite the opposite..
    When I was really stressed up at work ,[dealing with difficult and often abusive people] I found the perfect escape was to kit up in as much rubber as I could muster...sometimes the scenes I played were dangerous to myself but it felt as if I were being driven to do it to somehow flush away all the problems I had had at work.I could feel that this was a kind of therapy that my mind was seeking.It would work...a few hours of complete rubber nirvana was the best treatment,helped me forget about everything and relax me.
    Finding the job self destructive I found another way to make a living and there was less intensity to my scenes...I still enjoy them a lot but they seem less driven somehow and are certainly less dangerous.There seems less need to do such stuff.
    I'm sure an analyst would understand this...In some way it reminded me of apocryphal stories of 'Hanging Judges' who sought to assuage their guilt and upset at their job by indulging in perverse sex immediate after trials.

UK England (northern)
    Region:
    Sunderland

Sorry mate, your opening shot intimates exactly the opposite, then you go on to agree that latex did reduce your stress levels.

You changed your job, or reduced your stress levels, hence reduced the stress relieving benefit of latex.

Love latex, love the reduction in stress, after a night in latex I can take on the world, metphorically of course.

Andy

PS Dumfries top place, spent last weekend golfing in Portpatrick

CA British Columbia, Canada
    Region:
    West Coast near Vancouver

G'day all...Been a while.

Much like Gord, the stress of work is virtually equaled by the stress of scheduling the appropriate time to get rubbered (without upsetting the partner) and, recently, life stress has overridden the latter.

Much like Gord, Spirit and Dark, I have been self-employed for the past 2 years. Unlike Dark - with a willing partner (my compliments, Sir) and (presumably) a successful practise, and Spirit - who suggests that it doesn't matter what people think (again, my compliments...I wish I found it so easy)...and a successful business, starting a new business tends to swallow many opportunities (of the emotionally stable sort) to indulge in rubber privately, and the stresses can (and have) impeded a sex life with my partner, where rubbery associations were always tenuous at best.

Having decided that my business plans and choices are unlikely to succeed in time enough for me to actually make a decent living, I have (once more) become an employee (in circumstances that are quite acceptable). With several months of "work", I find the "life" pressures easing and certain long lost "fantasies" quietly re-surfacing.

I think there's a difference between "work stress" and "life stress" (if I may describe it in such benign terms), which can influence our levels of comfort in taking time to indulge in our rubber pastime privately, and giving us the opportunty (and energy/self-confidence) to create a "life" environment conducive to engaging our partners in our fantasies as well.

Thoughts anyone...???

Grubbie...:ca:

ZA - South Africa
    Region:
    Johannesburg

latexandy,personally I think that when you are rubbered up your focus has been on the rubber and not on the frustration of work pressures.

It is a known fact that sex is the great stress reliever, and because you are erotically dressed, you are in a state of sensual enjoyment.

I find stress or no, the latex gear is so sensual to wear, that do not have to make excuses to wear it.

Like this morning I have a very bussy day starting a big contract and need to go many places for supplies, but am fully rubbered up in my tightest cat suit, that does not squeek when moving and will attend to all my bussiness today feeling great.

Nothing or nobody is the reason to do this, it is a progression that you fall into, that you yearn for rubber when unrubbered, like Lady Latex 11 she wore rubber for more than a year as a sort of experiment and now that she prooved it possible, still wears it constantly.

She is a true rubberist in every way, but if she got tired of it I am sure she would stop.

grubbie sorry the working for youself did not work out, it ain't easy, but sure self employment has many advantages, and am fortunat to be able to do that like Dark, we can have our cake and eat it. Sometimes the cherry on top as well.

Dark

Being self employed does not mean you are always working and I have many very very dry spells. It's not a bed of roses.

The notion that sex is a stress reliever is a but misplaced... I think.

Engaging in sex.. or even sexual fantasy is a distraction from the stress and chores of life.... a vacation, if you will. But when you drive up sexual desire and then quench it... that vacation ends and you are back at work and all the issues and stress are right there again.

Having a drink offers the same modality for "stress relief".. it's not stress relief, but stess avoidance. The only way to truly remove stress in your life is to remove the cause of it... and unless sex is the cause... or fetish... having sex will change nothing.

What say you?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast