Site Search Site Search
Since
Latex Fetish community Rubber Fetish community Rubberist Fetish community International Association of Rubberists logo The International Association of |R|ubberists
"You are not alone!"
Click a picture above to go HOME | Translate current page to: English -->               Arabic   English -->               Chinese   Traduisez le -->               Francais   Ubersetzen Sie -->               Deustch   Traduca Il -->               Italiano   English -->               Nippon-go   English -->               Korean   English -->               Portugese   English -->               Russian   Traduzca El -->               Espanol -->English Terms of service : you must be 18 or older to view this site. More..
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

View Entire Thread: Fall 2007 latex round-up

US Eastern US, New England
    Region:
    North East

Default Fall 2007 latex round-up

The Fall 2007 shows are over, so I'd thought I'd list all the shows I noticed that used latex leggings (or similar).

Daryl K (a few leggings often with long tops)
    Wunderkind (used as stockings with somewhat long skirts).
    Hussein Chalayan (black leggings with short dresses)
    Belstaff (some leggings and pants - may or may not be latex)
    Manish Arora (black leggings with just about everything)
    Gardem (one outfit which uses latex or PVC leggings)

Other than one latex dress (by House of Holland), I didn't notice any other latex. There was some PVC here and there, but I don't remember by whom (except for Gareth Pugh and Haider Ackermann). Please feel free to add more to this list, if I missed anything.

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    Dallas

Default Re: Fall 2007 latex round-up

Outstanding find! I need to add you as a faashion consult to my website.

rubber101

UK Scotland
    Region:
    North Scotland

see www.belstaff.com a very good website with videos of the fashion shows , check out the autumn winter one, nearest i have seen to fetish on the catwlak for a while even if its not latex !

Region:
    East Sussex

Other than one latex dress (by House of Holland), I didn't notice any other latex. There was some PVC here and there, but I don't remember by whom (except for Gareth Pugh and Haider Ackermann). Please feel free to add more to this list, if I missed anything.[/QUOTE]

Asudem at Dollsrealm just did a large entry with some great images on this very subject with links to fashion bloggers who liked them.

Is this the start of a cross over?

M

FR - France
    Region:
    Paris

Some more information on the fall 2007 latex and shiny frenzy...
    The latex used in the collection of Manish Aurora has been provided by Libidex. This is a free advertisement !!

"Libidex have been in the media once more, this time infiltrating the fashion elite with some of our rubber greatness. We were approached last month to produce a large quantity of our classic tights for renowned and innovative fashion designer Manish Aurora. These were used to great effect alongside his outlandish designs in this year's London Fashion Week at the Natural History Museum, London at the start of February. Subsequently, our lovely tights have been splashed all over the magazines and papers, with full page spreads in the top London newspapers, (although you would think that by now some journalists would be able to tell the difference between pvc and rubber!)"

US Midwest Southern US
    Region:
    Dallas

Quote Originally spoken by rubberjohn View Post
    (although you would think that by now some journalists would be able to tell the difference between pvc and rubber!)"

regreatably they cannot tell the difference.

rubber101

Region:
    NYC

Fendi did a black silicon rubber dress.

Last edited by Betty LaBamba; 2007-Mar-15 at 02:53. Reason: add link
    I alone am in a state of insurrection.

Region:
    NYC

Quote Originally spoken by slick View Post
    The Fall 2007 shows are over, so I'd thought I'd list all the shows I noticed that used latex leggings (or similar).
    Leggings and hosiery seem to be really huge this year (more so than a few years ago when patterned tights were in.)

This article from wwd.com might be of interest to some readers. [The subscription is $99 a year, so if anyone wants an article on a general subject, let me know and I'll keep an eye out.] Words in bold are my emphasis.

Encore Presentation: Designers Step Up Legwear for Fall

Published: Monday, March 12, 2007

The legwear industry is looking to keep up the momentum after a strong comeback year.

Looks for fall are a bit more subdued, but fashion-forward, nevertheless. Color palettes range from charcoal to ivory and basic black with touches of metallic and chunky sweater knits. Over-the-knee socks are also a fresh look.

"This season, legwear was all over the runways," said Sandra Wilson, accessories fashion director for Neiman Marcus, who cited shiny legwear, opaque and heavy ribbed tights and knee-high socks as key runway trends.

"The high-shine tight and ribbed textures [were key looks]," said Michael Fink, senior fashion director of Saks Fifth Avenue. "The majority of runway looks are footed, but the contemporary customer will love the footless. There's something for everyone. This trend transcends all product levels."

Fink expects this fall's hosiery sales to exceed those of 2006.

"It's exciting to finally see legwear thought of as an accessory this season," said Julia Townsend, executive vice president and general manager of Kayser-Roth Corp., which owns the Hue and No Nonsense brands. "Because of this, we are expecting to at least double an increase from last year."

Hue offered tights and socks in black, brown gold and gunmetal laces with shiny Lurex and flat knit tights in shades of tan and taupe.

"Designers are focusing on legwear this season as an accessory; everything stems from that," said Wayne Lederman, president of Leg Resource Inc., maker of Givenchy, Via Spiga, Andrea Jovine and private labels.

Lederman predicted a 20 to 25 percent sales increase this year. Givenchy offered fine knit lacy socks in tones of ivory and chocolate.

ETC Hosiery, which produces brands such as Chinese Laundry, has a sharp focus on legwarmers and knee socks for fall.

Wolford's Satin Deluxe line of netted and opaque tights were used in more than 40 shows this season, up from 20 last year.

"We are looking at another great year," said a Wolford spokeswoman, who noted that the Antonio Berardi-designed charcoal gray sweater tights epitomize the knit trend.

Newcomer Hansel From Basel, which launched last year, is having fun with the trends with striped over-the-knee socks featuring a woven-in knee patch and pom-pom-flecked thigh highs.

"Legwear is an affordable way to spice up any outfit," said the company's founder, Hannah Byun.

Searle has picked up knee-highs in zigzag and leaf pattern knits to coordinate with ankle boots. The retailer plans to merchandise legwear from brands such as Wolford, Only Hearts, Tart and Missoni with the apparel, rather than where it is now next to cash registers.

"Our customers usually do not use their legwear as a way to pop color into an outfit," said Rick Weinstein, director of sales and marketing at Searle, which has eight retail locations in Manhattan. "They prefer to add the color in with another accessory or clothing item like a hat or coat. Last year, everything looked wrong without a belt. This year, everything will look wrong without leggings."

By Meghan Gerard
    I alone am in a state of insurrection.

Region:
    North East

Default Vogue Glamorama, March 2007

In the March 2007 issue of Vogue there's a article called Glamorama, which has a couple of pictures with latex tights/leggings and one of a rubber dress by Fendi. I haven't seen the actual magazine, but the web page is here.

This may have been mentioned elsewhere. (Betty LaBamba also mentions it on her sight).

It does seem that this year leggings of all varieties will (conitnue) to be trendy. Latex leggings may at least fit in pretty well (i.e., look cool and fashionable), even if they aren't really a trend.

Region:
    VT

style.com has a slide show entitled "City Slickers" with several shots of latex stockings.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast